Mamaboy
So, there a new movie in the works, titled "Mamaboy"!

http://www.mamaboythemovie.com/
We're all members of one human family! ^_^
One great big, loving, dysfunctional family. -_-;

MRCA
Human Family Tree
Guess what I just found out, this is being filmed in the Sacramento area...where I live...

Well, looks like there's gonna be two films about male pregnancy from Sacramento, lol! XD

MRCA
Human Family Tree
Great find!!

Looking forward to see this project grow.
I Love teenage mpreg cant wait <3
Well, this looks interesting! You wouldn't happen to have seen anything about a release date, would you?
They haven't started filming yet, right now they're in the process of casting, so it's going to be a while before they even think about giving a release date.

MRCA
Human Family Tree
Cool!
The schedule for filming will apparently be Sept. 21st - October 16th.

MRCA
Human Family Tree
So, the IMDb page is finally up and it reveals the actor who will be playing the pregnant teen, Kelly Hankins!

Sean O'Donnell

MRCA
Human Family Tree
Soo hot, ???
Anyone else think that they're social media team is a mess (content wise it's all over the place) and that it's a sign that the project might not be that good... or worse, not be completed at all.
Well, yes, that's true, but that actually doesn't necessarily mean that the actual production will be bad, and vice-versa, it just means that their marketing/social media team is bad.

Wait until the film starts production until you make your decision on whether the actual movie will be bad, cause that's the only thing that matters. I'm still giving this a chance cause we haven't actually seen anything from the movie yet.

With that being said, if they were using this type of marketing for a crowdfunding campaign, they most likely wouldn't see very much donations. The marketing seems to not be planned out at all. Instead of trying to post random things every week, they should just post relevant informational updates.

MRCA
Human Family Tree
(07-26-2015, 10:20 PM)mprego2 Wrote: With that being said, if they were using this type of marketing for a crowdfunding campaign, they most likely wouldn't see very much donations. The marketing seems to not be planned out at all. Instead of trying to post random things every week, they should just post relevant informational updates.

I'm very hopeful that the end-result will be good. But yeah, I'm still confused with the strategy behind the cotent they keep posting. I get the "teen-movie" angle that they keep purporting, but after that, it's all over the fucking place. Hahaha. Best of luck to this team though. Hopefully the script is well written and they have a great director.
So exciting! I can't wait for the preview/trailer.
(07-26-2015, 10:20 PM)mprego2 Wrote: With that being said, if they were using this type of marketing for a crowdfunding campaign, they most likely wouldn't see very much donations. The marketing seems to not be planned out at all. Instead of trying to post random things every week, they should just post relevant informational updates.

You're telling me.  Earlier this month they promised YouTube subscribers a Fourth of July surprise, which I thought meant they were going to show the trailer or at least a few seconds of a trailer, but it turned out to be a video of a firework that looks like a dog pooping when you light it.
If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are? -Bill Watterson
Yeah, although that particular firework was interesting I didn't think it really belonged on the Facebook page because it wasn't related at all to not only the film's story but to topics such as male pregnancy, teen pregnancy/parenting, (teen) fathers, babies, childbirth, etc. The best posts would be completely related to pregnancy. Also, they post WAY too often, it is better to post like once a week, and only twice in certain instances, especially because filming hasn't started yet, there's not much related content. The idea is to keep people updated, but not overdoing it at the same time. Also another issue I saw was that they updated each social media outlet with the same stuff, this is not a very good marketing strategy because each social media site is catered to different aspects and different groups of people. Facebook is great for most of the stuff, and a home base, Twitter is more for thoughts and linking stuff, Instagram is more for visual updates, in this case stuff like behind-the-scenes and teaser photos, YouTube is suited to behind-the-scenes and teaser videos in this case, and Google+ more for informational content, Vine is good for funny clips that can be effective in a constant loop.

I learned a lot from a public relations class I took last fall and it helped me in my own preparation for my film.

Also, if you noticed the marketing for Paternity Leave was executed much better, especially in the beginning because they didn't overpost, they only started to post more frequent updates as they were filming and slowed down a bit afterwards. And that campaign was VERY successful!

MRCA
Human Family Tree
I did a morph of the main actor cast in this movie and his management caught wind of it and had me remove the picture.
Looks like he has a good team backing him :)
Official production #mamaboy meeting last night. Movie is on its way!
LOL, well, there's still a little over a month until production actually starts, it's still in pre-production, but at least this means the crew is planning out how the shoot will go! :)

MRCA
Human Family Tree
Not sure if anyone posted this yet. But here's a bit more on what the movie is about.

Kelly Hankins is the dreamy High School Football star of Bloomfield High. He has a secret love affair with Lisa Weld, which is strictly forbidden by her father Reverend Weld. Their secret becomes a growing problem when Lisa becomes pregnant and looks to Kelly to rescue her. While visiting his eccentric uncle, Kelly discovers a solution to their dilemma when he sees his uncle’s latest experiment Adam, a male monkey who has received an embryo transfer and is carrying a baby. Kelly decides to become the first human experiment. High School life becomes increasingly tough over the course of the next several months as Kelly’s attempts to hide his metamorphosis into MamaBoy!