Mamaboy
Wow! Such a great movie. Totally worth what I had to pay on SlingTV. I'm gonna see if it pops up on my Android box otherwise I'll order on Amazon. But in my opinion some scenes went on for awhile, then quickly got to the point. I would definitely recommend as a "what if things were the other way?" movie
(05-18-2017, 05:37 PM)juniorfan Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 02:18 AM)pregboy89 Wrote: I still don't understand why are they taking so long for a digital release to happen (besides iTunes). This movie has like two years in the vault. I am starting to lose interest in watching it :(

Same Here :-/

I'm sure it's not by choice that they took this long to release. I feel like for most small budget films, this is the typical time frame from end of filling to distribution. 

My bf worked on a film about 2-3 years ago that is just now having it's premiere. 

I will commend the Mamaboy social media team for keeping it active as much as they did. Even though they did repeat things, they had me coming back every day to see if any new info was released. 
(05-18-2017, 02:18 AM)pregboy89 Wrote: I still don't understand why are they taking so long for a digital release to happen (besides iTunes). This movie has like two years in the vault. I am starting to lose interest in watching it :(

????? The digital release is this coming Tues May 23rd...Besides Itunes, I believe it will be on Google Play, Amazon, Xbox Network, Playstation Network
and their own website...with more to follow after the initial release.

Ditto.
(05-18-2017, 11:54 PM)TheDaveinKy Wrote:

Ditto.

Fellas...This movie has several digital platforms. Everybody should be able to see it May 23rd if nothing else but on their website mamaboythemovie.com It's also on Itunes, Amazon, Google Play, Xbox Network, Playstation Network
What? You mean to tell me it takes a lot of time and effort to make a feature-length film of any quality whatsoever? But I thought they materialized out of thin air at the snap of a producer's fingers!!!

Seriously, people. What the hell is wrong with you all?
OK, look everyone knock it off. I'm a filmmaker and let me just say that films take YEARS to produce and release, also the whole process of distribution of films is a complicated and long process, especially for indie/non-Hollywood productions, this film is actually doing well in terms of distribution.

So, next person to complain about the release will be banned for a week. This is your first and only warning.
We're all members of one human family! ^_^
One great big, loving, dysfunctional family. -_-;

MRCA
Human Family Tree
Everyone just relax ...no need to ban anyone , everyone is allowed their own opinion , no need for arguments here , let's all just be patient and happy because I can't wait for the movie to come out and I'm sure y'all feel the same .
(05-21-2017, 04:13 PM)Pregnantmand2 Wrote: Everyone just relax ...no need to ban anyone , everyone is allowed their own opinion , no need for arguments here , let's all just be patient and happy because I can't wait for the movie to come out and I'm sure y'all feel the same .

It's not that everyone isn't entitled to their own opinion, it's that this has nothing to do with opinion but people not being patient with a film, which takes time to produce and distribute, to come out at their earliest convenience, i.e. instant gratification. This happens EVERY time we find out that a film is being produced and I'm tired of people complaining, unnecessarily, about a process that takes TIME.

So from now on when someone complains about a film coming out they're getting banned for a week, period. I'm going to make that a rule because it's just disrespectful to the filmmakers that work hard to even bring us this content.

MRCA
Human Family Tree
(05-21-2017, 05:16 PM)mprego2 Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 04:13 PM)Pregnantmand2 Wrote: Everyone just relax ...no need to ban anyone , everyone is allowed their own opinion , no need for arguments here , let's all just be patient and happy because I can't wait for the movie to come out and I'm sure y'all feel the same .

It's not that everyone isn't entitled to their own opinion, it's that this has nothing to do with opinion but people not being patient with a film, which takes time to produce and distribute, to come out at their earliest convenience, i.e. instant gratification. This happens EVERY time we find out that a film is being produced and I'm tired of people complaining, unnecessarily, about a process that takes TIME.

So from now on when someone complains about a film coming out they're getting banned for a week, period. I'm going to make that a rule because it's just disrespectful to the filmmakers that work hard to even bring us this content.

Do we get banned for complaining about your being so worked up about people complaining :P ?
Dude, really? Why are you bringing negativity and defending negativity on my site?

MRCA
Human Family Tree
In other news, here is a second place you can purchase the movie on the 23rd besides iTunes.

VHX
Here's also a better quality of this cute bts photo.

[Image: tumblr_oq2ow1roeY1qi9lz7o1_500.jpg]
Already bought mine. Now all I need to do is wait until Tuesday!  :D
If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are? -Bill Watterson
This site is one of my FAVORITE places to visit, daily. I love to read comments,and interact with you guys. Now, I think I'm going to stay away for a bit, I just don't feel comfortable. It's not even the complaining that's doing it. :/
Honestly, I have been with this forum through its move twice. We should be glad that they are making these films at all. When I first came, we didn't have nearly as many mpreg contents in the main media. Just chill until they are ready to release it. It's not that a big deal. We will eventually get to see it.
(05-23-2017, 02:21 PM)juniorfan Wrote: God, I hated Lisa's character so much. I cringed every time she had some sort of interaction with Kelly after he was pregnant. Like, why are you fucking blaming him for gaining weight and always looking at him with distaste, wtf? IDK,I loved the movie but Lisa's attitude towards the ending was just too miraculous and non-realistic, like "Oh, I can love you again now beacuse you are not fat and nasty anymore..." bleh.

LOL...I felt kinda sorry for her. She was full of fear because of her dad but still really loved Kelly. She was torn between pier pressure and confessing the truth. Ultimately, she learned from Kelly's example not to be afraid...pretty cool lesson.
Blush Blush Wooow loveeee ><
A MAMABOY REVIEW

Mamaboy' Delivers!
9/10
Author: MikeHope44 from United States
23 May 2017

'Mamaboy' tells the story of Kelly Hankins played by Sean O'Donnell (It's Sketchy, The Win) and how HE takes on pregnancy during his senior year for his longtime sweetheart Lisa played by Alli DeBerry. He's a guy he can handle it right? Think again......

The cast did a wonderful job at bringing their characters to life. Mikey Reid was hilarious as Kelly's oddball best friend 'Ditto' and he and Sean worked well off each other throughout. Dylan Riley Snyder (Kickin' It) nailed his part as the pesty 'Milton'. Other standouts for me were Cassidy Ann Shaffer who played a girl crazy for Kelly named 'Candy', Jesse Miller as 'Nurse Zelda', Pamela Finny who played 'Mom' and 'Uncle Theus' played by J.D. Rudometkin.

I thought the pregnancy aspect was handled nicely as well. I tip my hat off to the makeup/special effects department for keeping it as realistic as possible stretchmarks and all! I'd also like to point out how it was cool that different sizes of the belly were used for each stage. In many other pregnancy films a character will find out they're pregnant and a scene or two later already look like they're 6 months!

As a fan I must say I thought Sean O'Donnell definitely delivered (both literally and figuratively) in his first lead role. He has a charming on screen presence and I thought he was not only funny in the comical scenes but also handled the more emotionally driven ones nicely as well. Taking on a role like this also shows he's not afraid to play characters who are unconventional or put into unconventional situations which I think will definitely broaden the horizon for him as an actor. Looking forward to seeing what awesome characters he takes on next. I'm definitely on board for him!

In conclusion 'Mamaboy' is humorous, heartfelt, entertaining and sprinkled with some cheesy goodness. There are even some surprising twist along the way! Props for it also being an original story in a current movie world where everything is either a remake or an upteen sequel. I definitely recommend checking this gem out!-Michael
Was the above review useful to you?

Add another review
Related Links
Ratings Official site Main details
Your user reviews Your vote history
just watched the movie and i had a lup in my throat at the end and one scene with kelly singing my heart literally melted