Burn Relief Tips?
Not related to mpreg at all, but I'm desperate here. I burned my finger earlier while making dinner (some hot soup splattered on it), and I was wondering if anyone has some tips for relieving burn pain besides applying ice? I gave honey a try, but five seconds after applying, it felt as if my finger was literally on fire. Seriously, I have a high pain tolerance, but taking my finger off as for longer than a few seconds is enough to bring tears to my eyes.

Also, could it be that the initial pain after applying honey goes away eventually after powering through it for a while? Or could my burn be a bit too far gone for relief from honey? I've heard of most people's burns being relieved almost immediately after applying the stuff, but it seemed as if my finger became pain itself.

Any and all tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
As far as I know, there really is nothing you can do for burn pain except keeping it cool. It's one of the things that make burns pretty rough to deal with. Some people say that taking painkillers work, but I think that is only in cases where the burn covers a large area.

Aloe can also help with burn pain. The relief is not great, but it does help the burn heal if you keep applying it. It's best if you have an actual aloe plant, but any sort of sunburn relief ointment with aloe in it should work too. If it says something like "cooling sensation" on it, then it will help with the pain.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Bactine is also useful, if you can find a bottle of that. It helped a lot when I got some bad sunburns as a teenager.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sigh of Relief StPatMpreg 0 2,471 01-21-2021, 12:15 AM
Last Post: StPatMpreg