HET?
I've seen some stories marked HET in the title by NSFW what is HET? Please someone help explain it?"
Unless I'm drastically wrong and it stands for something else entirely, "het" as a tag usually refers to a heterosexual couple as the main focus of the story.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
(06-02-2012, 04:35 PM)ElviraTepes Wrote: I've seen some stories marked HET in the title by NSFW what is HET? Please someone help explain it?"

I concur entirely with Buggy Girl on this. "HET" indicates heterosexual. I think part of the confusion is that nobody wants to say "HOMO" to indicate a same-sex relationship, because most of us don't like calling people homos.

While I don't think people should be required to tag every single thing about their submissions, it might not hurt to stash a standardized tag list in the stickies area here. It would help, for example, for when people want to differentiate between "NSFW" (which is usually, but not always, sex), "gore" (which is usually, but not always, bloody) and "graphic" (which is usually, but not always, both of the above).

I'm not suggesting everything submitted should be re-tagged; that seems like a lot of unnecessary work. But it might be beneficial to establish a sticky to which people could refer when either tagging their own work or looking up the tags they see would be nice. It would help standardize things a little. We do have some surprisingly variant tastes - and while it's not necessary to deny any particular group access, it's just sort of polite to offer a system via which people can indicate if their stories or art are likely to be appealing.
Not a bad idea. ^^
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com