Sex vs. Gender in Profile
So I don't feel like I can identify as FtM on this site. I still have to leave "sex" undisclosed. I get labeled she in public for how I look, but I identify as "non-binary" with them/they pronouns and that's more to do with gender than sex... Sex is cosmetic, functional, genetic, etc. Gender is not about how a body forms or functions but personality and behavior, and, as far as identity goes, is more meaningful.  Yes, I am a drag-king, yes, I've wanted to go on T since 09, but the person who would become my spouse begged me out of it because they were sexually attracted to breasts, soft voices, no facial hair, etc, and a relationship would not have been possible if I went past that point... My physical status quo is fine for me as long as I can identify as something other than what society considers female gender. What my journey has boiled down to is, I am okay with having a female sex, but my GENDER is not feminine. This is how I cope.

And it's difficult to lump sex and gender together for me because I'm not an FtM  transSEXUAL, I'm an FtM transGENDER. So if we could have sex be replaced with "gender," or "pronouns," and let people write whatever, I think that might help many individuals. 

Basically I am not inventing this, it's the direction the trans community has been going for some time, and seems like it'd be a cool and progressive thing for a community like MPC to do. 

That's my suggestion.
I have been aware of the difference between what "sex" and "gender" are, but I did not think anyone else would care as a good majority of people in the world incorrectly use "sex" and "gender" interchangeably.

Thank you for proving that some people are knowledgeable about it.

I have appropriately updated the settings.
We're all members of one human family! ^_^
One great big, loving, dysfunctional family. -_-;

MRCA
Human Family Tree
(02-11-2016, 09:51 AM)mprego2 Wrote: I have been aware of the difference between what "sex" and "gender" are, but I did not think anyone else would care as a good majority of people in the world incorrectly use "sex" and "gender" interchangeably.

Thank you for proving that some people are knowledgeable about it.

I have appropriately updated the settings.

Wow, thanks!! That was quick. :) I didn't mean to imply that anyone on the staff actually needed it explained to them.. I guess it's just a reflex. Like... even a surprising number of people in the LGBTQ community are all uptight about "fake" transsexuals, and it makes a person paranoid. It becomes a habit, but I totally would expect anyone on MPC to get such a thing. I guess it made me sound a bit offended, which I really wasn't. :)

Glad I decided to mention it tho! Thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profile Pictures cassieoz 0 1,424 07-10-2016, 03:47 AM
Last Post: cassieoz
  edit profile misty120preggo 1 1,844 08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: TheKicking
  is there anyway to edit your profile? MaleFemalePregnancyLover 1 2,122 03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Last Post: MaleFemalePregnancyLover