Yahoo! Voice Hacked(Important Read For All Yahoo! Users)
Exclamation 
Hey everyone. I know lots of you use yahoo as a form of talking to people on this website, and I was reading an article by Technobuffalo that says a company hacked into a Yahoo! Server and got the usernames and passwords of over 450,000 users. The company says its more of a wake up call and not a threat. Still Technobuffalo says and I quote:
Quote:If you’re a Yahoo! user — even if you don’t use Yahoo! Voice — you are advised to change your password to ensure your account is protected. TechnoBuffalo won’t be linking to the data dump that includes these account details, for obvious reasons, but it’s not hard to find, so don’t assume your account will be safe if you leave it.

So even if you don't use use Yahoo! Voice they advise you to your change your password which isn't a bad idea, its quick and easy to do and might keep your account safe.

Link to Article: http://www.technobuffalo.com/internet/ha...hoo-voice/
(07-12-2012, 11:59 AM)mattpregnant Wrote: Hey everyone. I know lots of you use yahoo as a form of talking to people on this website, and I was reading an article by Technobuffalo that says a company hacked into a Yahoo! Server and got the usernames and passwords of over 450,000 users. The company says its more of a wake up call and not a threat. Still Technobuffalo says and I quote:
Quote:If you’re a Yahoo! user — even if you don’t use Yahoo! Voice — you are advised to change your password to ensure your account is protected. TechnoBuffalo won’t be linking to the data dump that includes these account details, for obvious reasons, but it’s not hard to find, so don’t assume your account will be safe if you leave it.

So even if you don't use use Yahoo! Voice they advise you to your change your password which isn't a bad idea, its quick and easy to do and might keep your account safe.

Link to Article: http://www.technobuffalo.com/internet/ha...hoo-voice/

:( very bad...
Holy thread necromancy!
(07-16-2018, 05:30 PM)BigPregBelly Wrote: Holy thread necromancy!

Necromancy?
(07-16-2018, 06:36 PM)xiao2 Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 05:30 PM)BigPregBelly Wrote: Holy thread necromancy!

Necromancy?

Thread necromancy is when you reply to a thread that hasn’t been replied to in a long time (aka a dead thread).

This thread was posted in 2012 and it’s 2018, so when you replied to it, you necro’ed the thread (brought it back to life).

It’s not against the rules but it’s not always a good idea to necro a thread, depending on what the topic is. A lot of people frown upon thread necromancy and will call you out on it. Proceed at your own risk.

EDIT: Xiao, it’s a good idea to check the date of a post/thread before you make a reply. Newer threads and posts get replied to more often than old ones.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Yahoo Groups tash3 0 141 02-28-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: tash3
  Yahoo Messenger Closing BigPregBelly 3 1,880 07-16-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: BigPregBelly
  Yahoo Messenger shooshoo 3 2,727 01-21-2016, 01:07 AM
Last Post: shooshoo