fake users posting spams
We just got hit by a wave of them, looks like. Would a captcha or an e-mail confirmation option be available for the forums?
Hello. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I have noticed there are some fake users,posting spam threads here at MPC. They have forty or more threads each, none of them related to mpreg . I don't know if the administers of the site are aware of this, since the users have been reported, but I don't know how the reporting thing works, so I made this thread just in case.
Saw it a tad earlier, the only thing I could think to do was send a PM to Lyric and hopefully he'll get it soon?
It looks like a few of them have been banned already.
Image came from a film.
Thanks for the concern, guys!

Reporting spammers will make a message appear for any/all admin staff. If you report someone for any reason, all of us will get a message saying they've been reported. Whomever sees it first will likely take care of banning/purging their account.

But please keep in mind all of us have real lives and aren't always available. While it's frustrating for you to have the board clogged with spam, we will take care of it as soon as possible.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
Thanks for handling it. :)
Are there any security measures that can be added to the forum registration, such a captcha or whatnot? That might help keep the spammers out.
(06-08-2016, 08:47 PM)WolfgangD Wrote: We just got hit by a wave of them, looks like. Would a captcha or an e-mail confirmation option be available for the forums?

We already have email confirmation in place. I'm not sure if our site host offers a captcha option.

I know it sucks, guys, but that is one of the risks you accept when you internet. Everyone deals with spam, and nothing is fullproof. If you've been on Facebook, Youtube, or Buzzfeed at all, then you should know this by now. We don't need to keep having this discussion every time a couple of them manage to post at once.

Just keep reporting the stuff that gets through. It'll be gone within 24 hours, I promise.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
My apologies, I didn't mean to come off as aggressive or accusatory ...
(06-09-2016, 08:08 AM)TheKicking Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 08:47 PM)WolfgangD Wrote: We just got hit by a wave of them, looks like. Would a captcha or an e-mail confirmation option be available for the forums?

We already have email confirmation in place. I'm not sure if our site host offers a captcha option.

I know it sucks, guys, but that is one of the risks you accept when you internet. Everyone deals with spam, and nothing is fullproof. If you've been on Facebook, Youtube, or Buzzfeed at all, then you should know this by now. We don't need to keep having this discussion every time a couple of them manage to post at once.

Just keep reporting the stuff that gets through. It'll be gone within 24 hours, I promise.

Sorry to sound possibly repetitive, but just to confirm: the reporting does help then? Like, it links to the threads or w/e, instead of just giving you a useless notification that "oh hey, something is spam," when it's clear you'll log on in a couple of hours and see all of the spam threads? (I know on Facebook it often just clogs admin feeds without helping, which makes me wary of reporting for fear of spamming up people's inboxes even more when they're already busy.)
(06-09-2016, 08:44 AM)LemonFairy Wrote: Sorry to sound possibly repetitive, but just to confirm: the reporting does help then? Like, it links to the threads or w/e, instead of just giving you a useless notification that "oh hey, something is spam," when it's clear you'll log on in a couple of hours and see all of the spam threads? (I know on Facebook it often just clogs admin feeds without helping, which makes me wary of reporting for fear of spamming up people's inboxes even more when they're already busy.)

Yes, it links us to the offending user's account or post, depending on whether you report a post or their profile. This is why we keep telling people to report it.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
(06-09-2016, 08:31 AM)WolfgangD Wrote: My apologies, I didn't mean to come off as aggressive or accusatory ...

Sorry, I'm battling a summer flu and it's making me impatient. You weren't aggressive or accusitory, but someone does seem to make this suggestion every time we suffer an invasion and it can be a little tiresome.

We're doing our best, guys. It'll all be okay.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Ah, yikes ... here's hoping you recover quickly!
(06-10-2016, 06:52 AM)WolfgangD Wrote: Ah, yikes ... here's hoping you recover quickly!

Thank you. I'm working on it.
---            

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting Pics Tiberias 1 1,663 12-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Last Post: TheKicking