Once in a lifetime
While out on an evening jog along the beach a lifeguard happens across a pregnant mermaid/merman that happens to be in labor.

Christian had been jogging for about 10 minutes or so, a cool breeze blew from the north making it not quite so hot out. The beach was mostly empty for the evening as everyone had headed in for the night to prepare for work tomorrow. He enjoyed the quiet and alone time so he wasn't complaining. He had closed up his tower earlier in the evening before deciding to go on a jog before heading in for the night, little did he know he was about to happen across something that very few people had seen before, if any.
( Might I take part in this?)
(Certainly, go ahead)
The sand was soft under Wake, as he dragged himself up onto the sands. He groaned as a contraction shot through him, and stopped when the water just reached his tail, long and serpent-like, with a large fin, blue that faded to red as the fins stretched from the sides and back. Gold bangles at the base of his tail shifted with each wave. His slightly Asian features were soft and eyes a vivid mix of green and blue. Ears pointed in an elfish manner, and hair long and black, skin ivory, it was obvious as to what he was.
His slit was dilated as his labor pushed forward, navel swelled from baring his young over the months and he grimaced, laying back against the sand. It hurt to even move now.
Christian slowly came to a slow trot as he noticed something laying on the sand, just out of the water. It was growing darker by the second and he could barely see the outline of the figure from where he was, so naturally, he moved closer, taking slow steps forward as he approached.
( Graphic Birth?)

Wake stiffened, hearing footsteps, and turned his head. Eyes widening as he saw a human male. He moved to get away, but cried out as another contraction hit him and his tail curled in reflec. He them hissed at the man, flashing sharkish teeth, as his fins flared. Showing sharp spines.
(Sure, anything is fine with me)

Christian slowly comes to a stop as he realized what exactly he was seeing. He stares for a minute or two before holding his hands up as if in surrender. "It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you."
Wake watched the human a moment, then shuttered in pain as, with a flood of red tinted fluid running into the sea, his water broke. He collapsed, tail swiping to try and ease the contractions as he bite his lip to keep quiet. If a human was here, there could be more. He whimpered as a strong contraction hit him and his slit fully dilated. He would have to push soon.
Christian approached a bit more before he moves to slowly kneel down beside the creature, it was obvious why he was in distress but Chris had to wonder why he would choose to give birth on the beach in the first place. He glances around quickly, thankful to see no one else around but he did hear a faint rumble of thunder in the distance, a storm was coming.
Wake did not react as the human drew closer to him, and cried out, pushing as the contractions hit again. The storm in the distance added to his motivation. It would have been easier if he hadn't lost his mate, for this ch8ld, but fate separated them a few months back. The only safe place, from ocean predators, was the shore. He screamed, pushing once more. He could feel his child inching down the passage, but it was so painful for the merman.
Chris watches as Wake's nails dig into the sand, the males screams seemingly higher pitched than that of a human. Wake gets a brief break a few minutes later to try and catch his breath.
After the round of contractions was over, Wake was panting, his chest heaving as he fell limp. He soon was able to shift. And he turned his attention to the human, eyes narrowed, his voice tired but having the soft undertone of grace only water could possess," What are you doing, human?"
"Nothing, you just looked like you needed help" Chris shrugs as he continued to stare.
Wake shifted,grimacing as a small contraction shot through him," Help me? Why would you want to help me? I'm a stranger and not human besides that. Are you not afraid?"
"No, I'm not because if you wanted to hurt me you would have done it already, giving birth or not"
Wake huffed at that, then cried out as another contraction hit him and he breathed in and out," How can you help me?"
"I don't know honestly" Chris shrugs as he looks around again. The storm was growing closer as well as growing in strength, a breeze already being felt as it blew the storm in.
Wake opened his mouth to saw morw, when another wave of contractions hit him and he screamed again, pushing. The head of his child was now crowning, and the pain constant with the position the child was in. Tears peaked from his eyes as he breathed in and out. He was exhausted from all this so far.
Chris watches Wake's nails dig into the sand once again, him holding out his hand to the laboring merman.
Wake looked at the human then at the offered hand. He debated before reaching, clasping the oextended hand as he was racked with more contractions and a few more inches of his child slipped out. His eyes closed in pain as he struggled to keep breathing steadily.