Where my bronies at?
Thanks to a couple kids I baby-sit for, I am totally gaga for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I've been watching it for the past week or so and have worked through almost all episodes.

At first, I thought it was kind of dorky. The first two episodes I saw (which the kids made me watch) was the two-parter featuring Discord, who is possibly THE WORST villain in the world -- Stupid-worst, not evil-worst. It was a big turn off.

Then they wanted me to watch more with them.

...There is now a box full of ponies and accessories in my work tote, a story-telling Pinkie Pie and -best of all- a cuddly Rainbow Dash on my futon.

Any one else a Pony fan? Please say yes :D

PS - I am a HUGE AppleDash shipper X3
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
[Image: DoctorWhoovesSaveTime.png]

That is all. :D
Beware of the Cute Ones!!!!
They usually have the ax up their sleeves.
I'm a brony... >.>
I'm a brony too lol

Pinkie Pie just kills me XD
I got the McDonald's toy hanging on my rear-view mirror in my car XD
[Image: tumblr_m2ozkjMvwa1r3wn4bo4_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_m5ud4lT8rY1r3jzod.gif]
Pinkie Pie boggles my mind.

Almost everything she does is illogical, defies gravity, breaks the rules of physics or time or space...

I find her to be kind of...mid-level for me. She's there. She's sometimes amusing, sometimes annoying.

I love the pegasi ponies best -- Rainbow Dash is kinda, like, an inspiration for me or something. And I enjoy watching her and Fluttershy interact. Plus, a lot of the other pegasi are adorkable, too, like -of course- Derpy. And Thunderlane. And the Wonderbolts.

I am so not a unicorn fan, though.
I refuse to answer this question! *leaves a letter admitting defeat*
Nothing wrong with admitting you're a brony! I hang out with one every day :D (Granted, he's three, but...)
I'm trying to research this new sensation that's spreading. Even though I have figurines, a belt, and three shirts, and I ended up falling for Luna and Zecora, it's all for research...gero...:P
I enjoy Luna. The Halloween-y episode was hilarious~

I feel sorry for her, too, though, since she's like the proverbial fish-out-of-water. It'll be interesting to see what's done with her as the series progresses.
I LOVE PONIES! O_O

But in all seriousness, I'd have to say Fluttershy is my favorite. I can really relate to her and her unbareable shyness. I can also relate to freaking out and becoming a Flutterwry. That and she is just adorable, I don't even normally like girly pink stuff but to me Fluttershy is sweet and I like to the way she looks.

Other ponies I tend to like more than most are Derpy, Doctorwhooves, Luna, Zekora, The GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie, and Big Mac...and obviously the Mane six.

I'll be completely honest though, I don't really care for the Cutie Mark Crusaders or Spike. They're just very annoying to me.
I like Fluttershy on the basis that she flies -- I enjoy things that fly. I really love her relationship with Rainbow Dash, though; I can kind of see myself in her position with some of my friends...I can also see myself being Rainbow Dash in certain situations (I'm opinionated, loud, outgoing), so their interactions are making me ponder some of how I treat people.

I will say this: I have some weird issues with the fandom for FiM. People are like "YAY DOCTOR WHOOVES" and I'm like "dude, his name is Time Turner." That may just be me not giving a rat's ass about Doctor Who, though.

There are other fanon things that are weirding me out...Like the people who ship Derpy and Time Turner because they're standing together for five seconds in the Hearts and Hooves Day episode. Or because they both have "Hooves" as part of their name (EVEN THOUGH TIME TURNER DOESN'T). And there is a bizarre amount of people who have decided that Derpy is Dinky Doo's mother, since Derpy was once going to be named "Ditzy Doo" and they have a similar color scheme -- When Dinky Doo shows up with other adult ponies and never with Derpy!

I was glad, however, to discover that the fandom is somewhat partial to my ship -- I LOVE the idea of Applejack and Rainbow Dash as a couple. I've been unimpressed by the fanfic so far, but I was happy other people ship it too, since I have a fic in the works X3
They are pretty adorable together ;3

It really is more of a Doctor Who thing. I'm a fan so that's why I like him and call him that, and I personaly thought that Derpy and him would make interesting partners(Partners, not like a romantic thing, more like an adventurer thing.). Since they're both side characters you can also come up with whatever you want and that's nice too.

I can't decide who I like as a pairing. It's hard to pick.
Random deviation of on topicness!

http://1flynnia1.deviantart.com/art/Chal...1&offset=1
The chalk thing is so neat!

I found a pattern yesterday for making a pony plush. I'm currently stitching the body together -- Will post pics when it's complete :D
Finished her!

[Image: derpy_hooves_plush_by_fly_buggy-d5dlmg5.jpg]

She's completely hand sewn and made out of some pale purple flannel I forgot I had. She took about seven hours total to make; I probably could have done parts with my sewing machine, but she's small and it was easier -albeit more time consuming- to sew her by hand.

But man...She is CUTE.

I'm going to enlarge the pattern a bit and make my Rainbow Dash from Walmart an Applejack X3
I don't get this someone explain this to me. Why is everyone getting into my little ponies? why is it coming back and why is it invadeing Deviant art... I mean it should be in every other fan art and what not I mean it makes everyhing kinda tacky
(09-26-2012, 03:55 AM)Craddenali Wrote: I don't get this someone explain this to me. Why is everyone getting into my little ponies? why is it coming back and why is it invadeing Deviant art... I mean it should be in every other fan art and what not I mean it makes everyhing kinda tacky

The series was recently revived. I want to say it was by Cartoon Network? The animator who is credited for the revival has an account on Deviantart, and regularly posts up concept art.

The animation is of better quality (everything in the 80's was bad), but it's done in the same style as cartoons like Power Puff Girls. Meh.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
(09-26-2012, 05:11 AM)Jesse Wrote:
(09-26-2012, 03:55 AM)Craddenali Wrote: I don't get this someone explain this to me. Why is everyone getting into my little ponies? why is it coming back and why is it invadeing Deviant art... I mean it should be in every other fan art and what not I mean it makes everyhing kinda tacky

The series was recently revived. I want to say it was by Cartoon Network? The animator who is credited for the revival has an account on Deviantart, and regularly posts up concept art.

The animation is of better quality (everything in the 80's was bad), but it's done in the same style as cartoons like Power Puff Girls. Meh.

Yeah but why. Why are so many people into it? I mean it's a kids show targeted toward girls but yet alot of teens and "grow-up" are into it. Also I don't want to sound mean but why all the cross fan art Assassin's creed DBZ and Ghostbusters are wonderful by itself and don't need to be crossed brand with anything else.
(09-26-2012, 09:26 AM)Craddenali Wrote: Yeah but why. Why are so many people into it? I mean it's a kids show targeted toward girls but yet alot of teens and "grow-up" are into it. Also I don't want to sound mean but why all the cross fan art Assassin's creed DBZ and Ghostbusters are wonderful by itself and don't need to be crossed brand with anything else.

People are into it because it's awesome.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was originally meant for little girls, but it's one of those rare modern cartoons that has a lot of nods to older fans as well. There are some really awesome jokes and allusions to other pop culture/famous movies/etc (such as the entire plot of "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" being based on the Agatha Christie work "Murder on the Orient Express") that only adults would get and appreciate. There are several references to different types of mythology and all of the plays on real places and/or names that are altered slightly to be equine are amusing (Baltimare v. Baltimore).

And there may be fans, like myself, who were into My Little Pony in the 80s or 90s who love the new take on it and the inclusion of old, familiar characters. It's also been interesting to me, rewatching the original series, and looking at the ponies that the new show's creator used as inspiration for her characters.

Some of the plots are kind of cheesy and the flash animation style is not for everypony (it took me a while to get used to it), but the stories themselves are usually entertaining and all of the songs are really cute. And it's a show that teaches kids about being a good friend, which I can get behind 100% -- I also think many teens and adults from my generation could use a good lesson in positive friendship as well.

As for crossover art? Any large fandom garners A LOT of crossover. My advice? If you don't like it, just don't look at it.

Also, Jesse, FiM runs on Hub, not Cartoon Network. I don't think CN owns Hub, do they?
I have no idea, lol. I don't watch the show so I just took a guess, especially since the animation is so similar to PPG.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com