Where my bronies at?
I think the animation style adds to the nuances of the show. I however like it for a different reason. The show isn't completely fantasized, romatacized yes, but a lot of the problems they face are certainly more down to earth than a lot of toons so its easily relateable. My favorite art however depicts the ponies as human and pit against the zombies of left4dead. This show sparks a strange creativiy level in people that you don't often see.
(09-26-2012, 12:25 PM)Buggy Girl Wrote:
(09-26-2012, 09:26 AM)Craddenali Wrote: Yeah but why. Why are so many people into it? I mean it's a kids show targeted toward girls but yet alot of teens and "grow-up" are into it. Also I don't want to sound mean but why all the cross fan art Assassin's creed DBZ and Ghostbusters are wonderful by itself and don't need to be crossed brand with anything else.

People are into it because it's awesome.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was originally meant for little girls, but it's one of those rare modern cartoons that has a lot of nods to older fans as well. There are some really awesome jokes and allusions to other pop culture/famous movies/etc (such as the entire plot of "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" being based on the Agatha Christie work "Murder on the Orient Express") that only adults would get and appreciate. There are several references to different types of mythology and all of the plays on real places and/or names that are altered slightly to be equine are amusing (Baltimare v. Baltimore).

And there may be fans, like myself, who were into My Little Pony in the 80s or 90s who love the new take on it and the inclusion of old, familiar characters. It's also been interesting to me, rewatching the original series, and looking at the ponies that the new show's creator used as inspiration for her characters.

Some of the plots are kind of cheesy and the flash animation style is not for everypony (it took me a while to get used to it), but the stories themselves are usually entertaining and all of the songs are really cute. And it's a show that teaches kids about being a good friend, which I can get behind 100% -- I also think many teens and adults from my generation could use a good lesson in positive friendship as well.

As for crossover art? Any large fandom garners A LOT of crossover. My advice? If you don't like it, just don't look at it.

Also, Jesse, FiM runs on Hub, not Cartoon Network. I don't think CN owns Hub, do they?

It's fine but when the bastards jam it the damn thing down to the point when I'm looking up something on yahoo or deviant art and the first thing I see in My little pony it gets annoying
I am a mlp fan ^^
My avatar on here aside, I am not, and never will be, a brony. Everyone has their own favorite TV shows and cartoons. MLP just happens to be one of my least favorite.
I'm a quiet brony. I don't like the negative reaction that public display of ponies tends to elicit due to some of the more outspoken members of the community having created quite a reputation for themselves (deserved or not, probably the former). I have had the chance to attend two conventions, and that I really enjoyed (It was intense! I personally met some of the big youtubers). The MLP fandom seems to be a rather dramatic and emotional crowd. Although I enjoy the show very much, I feel that it's not the lifestyle choice that some might make it out to be.

I attended a meetup once. I couldn't stay. I just couldn't bear how awkward it was.
I'm a MLP fan as well, it started back in High School; in fact it had made a huge impact on my writing (the seahorse mark in my fics and stories were inspired by the cutie mark, except it's on the arm instead of the lower back.)
"As long as there are men in power, there will always be a seahorse child within their walls."

"Humans beings to the mob

What's a mob to a king?

What's a king to a god?

What's a god to a non-believer?

who don't believe in anything?"

LMAO!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/21...11712.html
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com