Open Hellish Fear.
"You're territory?! Since when in hell did you claim this? I've been here a lot longer than you." I huff, stretching. My muscles flex as I stretch, flashing my fangs as I yawn. "Still don't know your name by the way.." I state. "Or would you prefer me call you Isis?" I mutter.
I'm a weird, quirky filled lollipop triple dipped in psycho. Are you brave enough to take a bite?
I sighed. "I wouldn't claim this cesspool, I was assigned to the humans here, so keep your voice down." I glance around the ally, but luckily we still seem to be the only two around for now. "You're probably the reason I was put here, if we're being honest." At your next words I almost falter, almost choke, but it's my wings that give it away; feathers ruffling as if fingers had threaded through them. Maybe I hadn't been mistaken earlier. "M-Micah! I'm Micah," I catch the first stutter and clear my throat. "Not Isis.." My cheeks burn and I pull the hood of my sweater up again.
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

"Micah...I like that... And this cesspool is my home. You may not fucking like it but you better fucking respect it because this is where I grew up. This is where I was born. This is the land I've fought for, for 6 or 7 years. This is the land my mother was slaughtered on." I growl, turning my back to you.
I'm a weird, quirky filled lollipop triple dipped in psycho. Are you brave enough to take a bite?
I cock my head in curiosity as you turn your back to me, confused towards your reaction. It was almost human of you. "I'm sorry then," I mutter, facing away. I don't apologize, and my cheeks burn from the unfamiliar action-- At least that's what I tell myself. "I didn't kill your mother, but I didn't mean to insult. Not like that."

I huff, my knife appearing in my hand as I start to twirl it once again. "She was slaughtered by one of you. I don't know who, I was young when it happened. But I know for sure it was an angel." You now notice my body is covered in burn scars and deep gash scars, some of them rather fresh and white, obviously an angels doing. You also notice I'm putting little to know pressure on my left foot. I rub the ball of my left hip, growling in discomfort. "Your kind aren't as innocent and pure as you may think. They're savage, they kill for fun. I know we're polar opposites and all but have you noticed how many demon casualties there are compared to angel casualties?" I turn around looking you in the eyes. "Sure as hell not because you're stronger. Your people who have survived a "demonic attack" didn't fucking fight. We let you son of a bitches live." I hiss, looking away.
I listen to your words, a sour taste on my tongue at your accusations. My eyes run across you, picking up on the marks decorating your body, a frown turning my lips downward. It may not have been me that marked your body like that, but a twinge of guilt still hit the bottom of my stomach with a sinking feeling. You're more damaged than I had originally noticed and unconsciously I step back from you. "I never claimed I was innocent," I tell you, my voice low, unsure of how to continue. I wasn't expecting this, I had no idea. You've caught me off guard and despite my previous words I find myself aching to turn and leave from here. Escape you. "I follow orders and that's all." I'd tell you that I'd never killed before, but I'm not quite sure you'd believe me at this. My head cocks to the side at your last statement, and I can't stop the words before they fall from lips. "So why let us live?" My eyebrows furrowed in my own frustration, my own lack of knowledge. "Why let us live if you hate us so much? I'm right here. Why not kill me as soon as you saw me?"

I glare at you. "We have morals. Unlike you we don't kill for fun." I lean against the wall, keeping little pressure on my bad leg. I pull my sleeves up, exposing my scarred, torn up forearms and wrists. "I don't believe anything anymore and to answer the question why did I kill you? I've never killed an angel in my life. Ever. And I intend to keep it that way." A loud hiss floods the air and another demon walks out of the shadows. "Damian... Don't. He won't do anything. He's not worth it." He snarls but walks away, vanishing into the shadows as fast as he appeared.
I cross my arms over my chest, returning your glare. "Don't lump me into that group. Did I kill you? Initially that may have been my goal but clearly my mind has been changed." I huff my frustration. "I'm not like the others, just as I'm sure you're not like every other demon out there." My eyes can't help but run along your arms, chewing lightly at my lower lip as my stomach clenches with a sense of guilt that I shouldn't have. It wasn't me, but it was my kind. For some reason a bitter laugh escapes my lips before I can stop it. "Well, I guess we're both oddities then." Hearing the hiss as the air is disrupted, I turn my attention to the demon walking from the shadows. I reach for my blade, immediately wanting to have something between myself and the intruder, but the silver weapon is still on the ground behind me and I do nothing more than take a step back in surprise. At your sudden words, my eyes turn to you, wide in surprise. The demon snarls and leaves after you dismiss him, and I take a moment to recover from the surprise and slight fear that had taken a hold of me. "Not worth it?" I repeat, arms returning to cross over my chest. "That was an unnecessary blow to the ego, thank you."

I laugh, rubbing my scarred up arms. "No angel is worth losing a life unless you die protecting them." I bite my tongue and turn my head away muttering to myself. It's now clearly obvious there is something more to the story, something I'm not being honest about or something I'm just plainly hiding. "I didn't mean to make assumptions. We're taught to hate each other, which in my opinion is fucking stupid. If we work with each other and learn to deal with conflict without violence then all of this would stop, but the majority of our kinds are so blood thirsty and dead set on hating each other that the people who get along with each other are frowned upon..." I turn to face you, holding out my hand. "I'm Payne Bloodwitch."
I can't help but blink at your words, wondering if there's something that I've missed along the way or if there's something that you left out. Perhaps it was on purpose, but curiosity is eating me alive. "You'd," I pause, my clear blue eyes staring at you as if trying to see through you. "You'd give your life for one of us? After all that?" I ask, my hand coming up to motion towards your scarred arms. Part of me wants to touch you, touch the unholy marks left by a species that claimed to be nothing but just and righteous. The marks don't look like justice to me, it looks like someone had fun with you. Even though you and I both know that our fraternization could get us into trouble, I don't hesitate to reach out and take your hand in mine. "A pleasure to formally make your acquaintance," I manage out through the lump in my throat, a heat threatening to rise to my cheeks at the idea of actually getting along with you. "I'm Micah, Micah Riverdell."

"A pleasure to meet you... I guess it's time I spill it... " I reach to my eye and slip out a red contact lens slowly, exposing a clean, ocean blue eye. "My mother wasn't human... She was an angel... There are a lot more of us than you think..." I sigh, "the angelic counsil kicked me outand slaughtered my mother in front of me, then they tried to end me. They tied me down and used me as their play thing for a couple months. Lucky for me my dad suprisingly saved my ass. I'm not against you, nor am I on your side. But I do not want to fight you. You're different..."
"Likewise." I nodded and tried my best to offer you a smile, though I still feel the tinges of guilt from somewhere inside. Watching, I take a step closer as you reach into your eye before drawing back quickly at the ice blue iris that is revealed. "You..!" A hand comes to my mouth and I can't breath for a moment. Most half-breeds between angels and demons were damned, put to death often before taking their first breath. It was the first and only time I'd ever seen one, ever believed your kind was more than just an urban legend to scare us away from demons. Suddenly your wounds look all that more damaging, all that more real and painful. My eyebrows furrowed, I look to you while struggling to put things in order. "I..." I'm not even sure what I can say to you. How can you be sure I'm so different when even I'm not sure myself. Everything I'd been taught was telling me to run, to kill, to report... But I could do none of it. Not to you, not to any demon after this. How would I return to my kind changed like this? "I don't want to fight either," I admit, words muffled around my hand. "How can you not choose a side? How do you stay neutral?" The questions pop from my mouth before I can stop them and I look away at the revelation of my sudden indecision towards my own kind.

"You can't really pick a side in this situation. That's basically like picking between two sides of yourself, which isn't easy." I sigh and look down at my feet before looking back up. "I defend both sides equally, they both have pros and cons. You have no idea how difficult it was to go with my father... but my mother couldn't protect me anymore." I look away and you notice a cross shaped pendant with a ruby on each arm of the cross as it dangles around my neck. "I was taught the way of a demon, I follow neither good or evil, who ever they maybe. I only fight when I need to, I don't engage in fights for fun unless it's mutual and friendly." I keep my eyes on the ground under me.