Stress and depression
I hate how polar my moods are sometimes. Its been quite some time since I've been this down and had a fun idea for a project but lost it completely this past week when my mood went south. I've been working on an mpreg story for several years now and would really love to have it published but couldn't get the feedback I needed. Maybe I can get it back but who knows. Not sure why I'm venting like this, I don't like to air my problems but I can't seem to help it. And as for shirking my duties as welcome troll for almost a week I felt pretty bad. That is all.
You should get checked for a vitamin B-12 deficiency. It can be a major cause of depression for a lot of people.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
I notice the thread is named "stress and depression", and for lack of better phrasing, I know that feel.
Not entirely sure I have any type of deficiency, but I have taken B12 for an extra boost.
My bouts of depression are bad, and over the years, Ive taken to seeking many remedies - singing, boxing [!], and mpregging are but only a few.
Speaking of Mpreg in regards to stress, personally, there's nothing like coming home after an exceedingly horrid day, and waddling around, rubbing a 11 month bump.
For some reason, it really helps.
Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
Sadly my depression stems from the loss of my son. I've done well to deal with it, but some days its to much. I've not been able to dress in years, not since my wife and I moved in witth my parents for stability. I started my own business this time last year and I'm just worried because we're going through our first slump. It has helped me deal with my stress and anxiety greatly, but has also compounded it. I lost touch with our humble little group for a while for these reasons as well. Its why I mostly troll the welcome forums. They're a happy place to meet people! Sorry for this tangent. Just can't divulge this to much to my wife because her depression is far worse than mine. Thanks.
(09-03-2012, 04:31 PM)darkfanboy Wrote: Sadly my depression stems from the loss of my son. I've done well to deal with it, but some days its to much. I've not been able to dress in years, not since my wife and I moved in witth my parents for stability. I started my own business this time last year and I'm just worried because we're going through our first slump. It has helped me deal with my stress and anxiety greatly, but has also compounded it. I lost touch with our humble little group for a while for these reasons as well. Its why I mostly troll the welcome forums. They're a happy place to meet people! Sorry for this tangent. Just can't divulge this to much to my wife because her depression is far worse than mine. Thanks.

Unfortunely I kinda know what you mean I have lost over 47 people and includeing the only person that really got to know me the most. It's hard to deal with life and like so many people have said to me I acted like Mr. Freeze from the batman comics. The sad thing is I snapped out of it cause of pro-wrestling when a wrestler who try to get me hire to WWE went off and insult the company the was willing to let him go... Stupid them he became the top guy of the company by complaining. I'm still have those moment still but not as bad as before. But their still bad
(09-03-2012, 04:31 PM)darkfanboy Wrote: Sadly my depression stems from the loss of my son. I've done well to deal with it, but some days its to much. I've not been able to dress in years, not since my wife and I moved in witth my parents for stability. I started my own business this time last year and I'm just worried because we're going through our first slump. It has helped me deal with my stress and anxiety greatly, but has also compounded it. I lost touch with our humble little group for a while for these reasons as well. Its why I mostly troll the welcome forums. They're a happy place to meet people! Sorry for this tangent. Just can't divulge this to much to my wife because her depression is far worse than mine. Thanks.

Yeah, there's little that can be said to instantly cheer someone up when they've experienced that kind of loss. The healing comes from within and can't be forced by anyone. But compassion from others is a start to dealing with it. I'm a parent, I can't express the depths of what I feel for you. And I can't imagine how tough it is to be in a depression when your partner is a more depressive personaliy. I'm not saying you guys are crazy or messed up at all, but some therapudic thinking and practices would probably be very useful. Ever since my mother started her internship as a cognitive therapist, I have been blown away, and know the value of what they know and how useful it is in dealing with anger and other strong emotions. I could even be hypothetical and get some advice on dealing with grief and depression for you, since professional help is expensive. Her and I didn't even used to get along. She was an angry, distrusting person who had no idea who I was..> She now has the ability to admit that and I'm blown away because I didn't think that would ever happen. Taking the advice she has learned to give has changed her so much, sometimes I almost wonder if she's my mom... What I'm getting at is that my family can get through a lot with the right "tools" and it's especially useful to people who need to be their own pillar of strength... which sounds like your situation.

Oh and I didn't realize you wanted help on a story... I'd be happy to read it and be a guinea pig, since I'm always working on a story, too... I know how much work it is. :)
Thanks Faunus. You are right therapy does help. We went through grief counseling through our local hospice who helped forward us on to a professional grief counselor. We saw him once a week for a year till I started my own business and money got super tight. I've thought about returning to see him but I just don't have much time. I'm doing well enough though that its mostly manageable. The nightmares are the worst though. I know a lot of people talk about miscarriages on here, and I've talked to parents who've been through them. Its not quite the same loss but they at least know what that loss is. The poor detective who had to work our case had been through three miscarriages with his wife. He said ours was the toughest case he ever worked. I still nod or shake his hand when we cross paths now and then. I'm rambling... need to get ready for the day, pick up again later...
I have been very lonely and kinda depressed lately.. just hurting inside:(
I'm sorry to hear that. I've been in the same situation a few times actually.
I'm sorry to hear that, too. I’m also in that situation myself fairly regularly and it's really not a nice place to find yourself in. I don't have any real friends as such. I haven't seen my 'best' friend face to face for around eight years now, for example. All I have is my family, really. I can't really say I can rely upon work colleagues as I don't feel entirely comfortable around most of them.

I tend to find myself feeling okay for a few weeks and then have another few weeks where I feel as though I want to either scream or curl up in a corner and cry. I believe I do have a genuine social anxiety problem but the doctors either don't care or simply give you a course of anti-depressants. To be fair, the latter do work during the time you're taking them. Give yourself three or four months off them however and the same old symptoms crop up once again. In my case, repeat this cycle three times over in the last four years (so far...). Complain more to the doctors and they want to put you on a course of CBT. However when you go to the initial interview/screening for that before they officially put you on the course, it turns out that what it involves is actually what causes a lot of your problems in the first place. In short, a classic "there's a fire...now go and walk into it" situation. No thanks.

If you ever find the solution, please do let me know! I've spent several years searching for the answer with no luck so far.

All the best.
Stress and depression are the severe conditions of the mind.
You should keep your mind relaxed. You can do some fun activities or exercises to deal with the stress and depression. Yoga and meditation are most useful techniques to handle the stress and depression conditions.
Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
539 High Street, Maitland,
New South Wales 2320, Australia