Mpreg Central

Full Version: "Paternity Leave" out now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hi Jacob! Glad you and Matt got a chance to visit us!

I guess I have some questions, lol.

When Matt approached you for the role of Greg, what did you think about playing a role in which you were going to be pregnant?

How did you prepare yourself for the role?
Hi. I also have a question; what can we expect with the labor and Delivery? Did it actually feel as you were giving birth?
(10-09-2014, 04:06 AM)mprego2 Wrote: [ -> ]When Matt approached you for the role of Greg, what did you think about playing a role in which you were going to be pregnant?

How did you prepare yourself for the role?

Honestly, it wasn't an issue. Matt is an old friend from our time working together on BOOKENDS, so whatever the part was, I was happy to play it.

Obviously, I knew it would be a challenge, but Matt trusted me. I trusted him. We just dove head on.

I didn't prepare terribly much because, really, there's nothing to prepare for. There's no precedent set for a man who is pregnant. Basically, I just tried to endow the belly with some weight, but also tried to remember how different it would be for a man with a different musculature than a woman. So, hopefully, I look like I have some weight, but I'm not completely bogged down by the belly.
(10-09-2014, 02:44 PM)lin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I also have a question; what can we expect with the labor and Delivery? Did it actually feel as you were giving birth?

I can confirm the birth is a waterbirth. No real spoilers there.

I have no clue WHAT it would feel like to give birth, but I'm sure it didn't feel like that. It was a stressful day, everyone lookin' at ya, but that's about as bad as it got. I was dizzy, though, from all the breathing and yelling. That was fun. But, no, I didn't feel as if I was giving birth. I'm not THAT method.
Will the film be available to those outside North America? That's my lone question... aside from pics as I'd like to see a pic of the birth (if you got any).
Are there any more trailers coming up in the following weeks or we will have to wait until next year to see more of Paternity Leave?
(10-10-2014, 12:36 AM)midi94 Wrote: [ -> ]Will the film be available to those outside North America? That's my lone question... aside from pics as I'd like to see a pic of the birth (if you got any).

I can't confirm that, as I'm completely not on the distribution side. I can only say, "I'd imagine so," and keep my fingers crossed for you.

Same for the pics! Those are all released at Matt's discretion. Though, I imagine we're saving all of that for the film itself.
(10-10-2014, 01:17 AM)pregboy89 Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any more trailers coming up in the following weeks or we will have to wait until next year to see more of Paternity Leave?

I imagine you'll see something before the year is out. Matt and Dustin are going to be getting married very soon, so probably after the honeymoon and the IndieGoGo window is closed.
(10-10-2014, 07:14 AM)paternity_leave_jacob Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2014, 12:36 AM)midi94 Wrote: [ -> ]Will the film be available to those outside North America? That's my lone question... aside from pics as I'd like to see a pic of the birth (if you got any).

I can't confirm that, as I'm completely not on the distribution side. I can only say, "I'd imagine so," and keep my fingers crossed for you.

Same for the pics! Those are all released at Matt's discretion. Though, I imagine we're saving all of that for the film itself.

Thanks for answering my question. Even if it's not, that's okay, as I'll still be able to order the DVD. As for pics, that's also okay, as surprises are good and it means that we can imagine what the scene was like and then the film is released and it might be how we imagined it to be or totally different.
I am a filmmaker as well and I think it's great you two have such strong trust in each other! I have some filmmaker friends like that too, so I know the feeling!

I love your take on how you portrayed Greg! Very interesting logic and reasoning! ^_^

Without giving out any spoilers, what was your favorite scene(s)? If it will spoil anything, you can just skip this question, lol! XD

What was the biggest challenge you had playing Greg?

If Matt decides to write a sequel, would you reprise your role as Greg?
Any updates yet?
Yes, the film is finished with the final cut.

So now we wait, patiently, it will be featured at a film festival first and those who got the perks will receive their gifts, then Matt will make it available to everyone to buy whenever he decides to.
Awesome :D
any new trailer or something?
Yes, Matt has a trailer with audio ready, but I'm guessing he is strategically waiting for the right time to release it.

You know, you guys can just ask Matt himself for status updates, he's a really nice guy. Just please don't start begging, be annoying, or rude.

Again you guys, this isn't being released until 2015, tentatively set for July, so it'll be awhile. So please be PATIENT. It will come out when it comes out, thinking about it every day until July isn't going to make it be released any faster.
OK, so, another thing if you want updates just follow Paternity Leave's Facebook page. There was just an update to the official site, which includes a pre-order option!

Also, apparently the film's release has been pushed back to the fall of next year.

So again, please practice patience.
Any updates yet?!
Dude, OMG it's not coming out until the fall, I said that already, just wait patiently man.
I'm am sure it will worth the wait. I just hope it is made available quite easy
Jacob York said on his like Facebook page that he saw a rough cut of the trailer the other day. Matt Riddlehoover is working hard on it, and Charlie David is making him LOL!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11