Illegitimate Heir (closed)

Lucas yawned several hours later. He had read through the stack of books at least once already and was going through for a more thorough reading. He marked his place in the book and rubbed his eyes. "I should go fetch the laundry," he said as he got up. "It's should be nice and dry by now."

Silette stopped him, "Let me get them for you." she said, walking out to get the laundry

"Silette, I can't have you do everything for me. I am grateful for your help, but I'm capable of helping."

She shook her head, "I can't have you overworking." she said going out.

"I've been reading most of the day. Honestly, I did more 'work' at the palace."

She shook her head, "Lucas, given your current state, I won't have you do much."

"I'm barely five months, Silette," Lucas sighed. "It's not like I'm about to give birth or anything. And my family has a history of healthy and successful pregnancies. I mean, I know men run a higher risk and everything, but still."

"Too late, I already got the laundry off the line." Silette said as she set down the basket of clothes in front of the fireplace.

Lucas chuckled. "Fine, but I should help out where I can."

"Alright, how about you just do research? That's help enough."

Lucas sighed, there was no arguing with her about this anymore. "Fair enough, Silette. I'll gather some samples tomorrow so we can start our own garden."

Silette grinned, "Alright." she said before she began folding the clothes, Good. At least with this distance, I won't have to form a bond with him... she thought to himself.

Lucas smiled and helped put the clothes away as Silette folded them.

Silette was alarmed, "Lu-Lucas, please don't." she said hurriedly, taking the rest of the clothes and placing them in the closet.

Lucas sighed. "Honestly, Silette you're doting over me more than a mother hen does her chicks. I'm pregnant, not injured."

She sighed, "I'm not doting over you, I'm keeping myself from forming any bond with you. And right now....I'm doing my best." she mumbled, Silette looked away before shaking her head. "Remember, I'm accustomed to bonding magic."

"Right...I'm sorry," Lucas said. "I wasn't aware your magic was so sensitive."

Silette nodded, she then went back to her chores.

Lucas sat back down and began reading once again.

Silette sighed before looking out the window, she smiled, "I'm...gonna go out for a quick swim in the lake." she said to Lucas.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM