Illegitimate Heir (closed)

"Oh no, I don't think so. I'm just...Happy that I'm here, but I'm worried for my child. I miss Henry and I worry that I won't be a decent father."

Sikette sighed in relief, "Don't worry you'll be a wonderful parent." she said softly.

"I hope so," Lucas sighed. "I just hope I can get things sorted before they get here."

"You'll make it." she said smiling

Lucas nodded and started cooking the fish. "Thanks, Silette."

"It's no problem." she said grinning.

Lucas smiled and finished cooking the fish and vegetabled, sprinkling them with the herbs Silette had gathered.

Silette set the table and added a fruit filled with berries and fruits, she smiled. "Perfect."

Lucas nodded. "It smells great. I hope it tastes good."

"Don't worry, it will."

Lucas sat down, gave thanks for the meal, and began to enjoy it.

Silette did not eat though, she was writing something on the book of spells, she was frowning as she wrote.

"Something wrong?" Lucas asked.

Silette shook her head, "Just...needed to fix a spell or two."

Lucas nodded and went back to his meal. Once he finished he set to preserving the rest of Silette's catch with some simple spells.

Silette watched Lucas, curious.

"They're basically freezing spells and a few shield spells," Lucas explained. "A few cooks in the kitchen used to do this after our hunting trips. A lot of the nobles employ mages with those skills to preserve their food. That's why even in the rough years of harvest the nobles and royals were well fed."

"I'm afraid I was never taught that back in my youth." she said sighing.

"I could teach you," Lucas offered.

She nodded, "I'd like that very much." she said smiling softly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM