Illegitimate Heir (closed)

Lucas smiled and grabbed an umbrella as they headed out the door.

Silette led him off into the village.

In the village Lucas took to browsing the shops. He took time to talk to the vegetable and fruit merchants to gather tips on raising plants. He froze for a moment and ducked into one of the stores as he saw three royal guards from his kingdom. "What are they doing this far out?"

"I don't know." Silette replied eyeing the guards, "Perhaps they're only on some business."

"Those are Henry's personal guards," Lucas wheezed.

"Then that boy must be around here." Silette said with a small frown.

"He should be on his honeymoon," Lucas muttered. "What if...What if he finds us?"

"Then I distract him and you run." Silette said matter-of-factly.

Lucas nodded and gave Silette a quick hug. "Thank you."

Silette blushed and nodded, "It's alright." she said gently.

Lucas sneaked out the back door and into the alley. He went down a buildings before going back to the main road. The child within him kicked and squired furiously in reaction to his racing heart.

Silette however resumed in her errands, keeping her eyes open for any possible danger.

"Lucas?"
Lucas froze, he had made it just outside of the marketplace. He knew that voice all too well. He kept his back towards the source. "H...Henry..."
"So this is where you ran off to?" The prince seemed irritated with his voice sharp and hard. "You could have at least told us you were going on holiday. Even if it was right before my wedding."
"I...It was time for me to move on...You know..? You've started a new life now...With the princess and all. I didn't want to get in the way."

Silette stopped at a store, she paused, dare she enter? It was the office of a letter writer, but the letter she was to have written was something she feared, a confession, a sort of apology. She approached a bespectacled old man and tapped his shoulder lightly, he looked up and smiled, "Silette, it is you." he said setting down his quill, he adjusted his spectacles and leaned back om the chaor, "What letter do you need to have written?" he asked. "A confession of dangeroys emotions and an apology for said emotions." she told the old man, he nodded and dipped the quill in ink and soon, Silette began dictating her message:
My dear Lucas,

Despite our meeting only some days, I must admit the first time I met you I was overcome by perhaps an emotion I have been trying to escape, attraction...or perhaps it is love...

I know it is strange but I must tell you this, I was someone without much emotions before I met you, I did not tell you for fear you would despise me, my coldness lead to my book shoppe's being out of business, the people I smile at are family friends. But let us ignore my babbling, instead I simply wish to apologise for my emotions, my feelings for you. Perhaps it would be best if I stay from you, because you might be frightened to my confession.

I apologise.

Your strange acquaintance,
Silette

Silette then took the parchment and folded it neatly, she blew into it and soon, the letter flew off into the direction of Lucas.

"What are you talking about?" Henry firmly grabbed Lucas' shoulder and turned the man toward him. His mouth hung open as he saw Lucas' belly. "Wh...Who...Is..."
"No," Lucas said quickly. "It's not yours." His voice trembled. "I...I was seeing somebody. In the village. On my days off and when you were out on business. We came out here to start a new life." He weakly shoved Henry away. "So just go. Go back to your wife and the palace. Just leave me be!" Lucas turned and hurried away. Once he was sure Henry hadn't followed him he sat down in the wet grass where a folded piece of parchment fluttered into his hands. He unfolded it and read the contents several times over, his face turning a deeper shade of red with each read. He wiped the tears from his eyes and tried to get back to his feet.

Silette then began trudging slowly back to the cabin, afraid of Lucas' reactions to her letter, "He must think me strange by now." she mumbled to herself as she walked on, not noticing the prince in front of her.

Henry kicked the grass and stormed back towards the market place. "Pardon me," he muttered as he slightly bumped into Silette.
Lucas managed to get up off the ground after several minutes and he started towards the cabin as it began to drizzle again.

Silette simply grumbled something before walking on, reaching the cabin as Lucas entered, she however did not notice and entered, taking out a trunk and began throwing some clothes in, she bit her lip trying not to tremble at the thought of being alone once again.

Lucas took a deep breath. "Silette? I..uh...I got your letter."

Silette paused in packing, her back still turned to him, "And I believe you are quite disturbed." she said as she resumed in placing her things inside the trunk.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM