Illegitimate Heir (closed)

Lucas nodded and drifted off to sleep. It felt odd to be in his old bed, even though it hadn't been that long since he had run off.

In the morning Silette woke them up telling them that breakfast is prepared. Downstairs, Bienvenu acted as the perfect husband to Lucas and the kind master to Silette.

"So..." Maria said curtly. "How long have you two known each other?" Her eyes shifted between Lucas and Bienvenu. "How did you meet again?"

"We met in the town on one of my short errands, qe have been together for no more than six months." was the reply of Bienvenu, not batring an eyelid at her questions.

"So the child happened shortly after you met?" Maria asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Yes," Lucas said simply, avoiding the woman's gaze. "It's like it we're meant to be together."

["Ezactly." Bienvenu agreed with a grin, "Now Mademoiselle, why on earth are you asking personal things to us?"

"Because my dear husband wont ask," Maria said.

"Well your Highness, I do believe your wife possesses no breeding if you must ask." Bienvenu replied coolly as he gave Maria a smirk, "After all, one's own life must not be said to anyone if they do not wish to tell."

Maria glared at Bienvenu then turned her head to her husband. "Are you going to let him speak to me that way?"
"You are being rather antagonizing, Maria. I invited them for a nice meal, not to torture them for answers regarding their relationship." Henry gently smiled at Lucas and his "spouse". He felt a pang of jealousy. His marriage to Maria was only to continue their royal bloodline, which they planned to do soon enough and then they would each be free to mingle with whomever they chose. He assumed that Lucas would always be there, but now...He felt alone and hurt, though he dare not show it. "I hope you don't mind if I shower your child with gifts once it is born."
Lucas' face turned red. "N-No you don't have to do that."
"I'm not about to let my dear friend's first born go without at least some royal treatment," Henry chuckled.

Bienvenu smiled, "I think the Bienvenu family can support Lucas and my child." he said as he gazed at Henry with a strange expression.

"I am not saying you're not able do provide, I just want to give my dear friend's child a few gifts," Henry stated.
Lucas stood from his seat and paused for a moment. "I...Um...Need to use the facilities..." He quickly left the room and sat on a bench a ways down the corridor.

Silette stood up and signaled for Bienvenu to let her to go, he nodded, she walked out of the room and followed the aura of Lucas and found him on the bench, "Lucas, what's wrong?" she asked, her hands on her hips.

"I don't like lying to him, but I don't want him to know." Lucas cradled his belly. "I thought I'd never have to see him again after I ran off, but here I am with his child growing inside of me. I just want to go back to the cabin."

"We can't really, we just have to wait until lunch is over." Silette said before she spun on her heels and began walking away, trying to shut her emotions up again, remembering Lucas' still possessing emotions for Henry.

"Silette, wait." Lucas got up and grabbed her wrist. "I know you can feel my feelings towards Henry... I do care for him and I care for you...I care for you a lot...It's just going to be a while until I can stop thinking about Henry..."

Silette smiled, "I know, but I think that you need to spend these few days with his Majesty and don't worry, Bienvenu will keep me company should you wish to spend some alone time with the prince." she said, her smile never leaving her face.

Lucas nodded and sighed. "I'm sorry to put you through all of this."

"It's alright, at least you're having closure." she said shrugging.

Lucas gave her a quick hug and a peck on the cheek before returning to the dining room.

Upon their arrival they saw Bienvenu talking with the prince this time about his famed mentor, Silette Gervais.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM