So Long I've Waited (First Come first Served)

"What else can I do? I mean, I know I'm not exactly doing much, but I'm not being the person I used to be! Any ideas?" Eric suddenly felt a rush of confidence. He hadn't been sure what Jane was thinking about him, and he even had her brother on his side. The fact that he had a side at all was incredible, and it made him hopeful.

"Start with the one they love, Jane. Try and make it up to her." Jean said smiling as he heard his sister singing Think of Me

Think of Me
Think of me fondly
When we've said goodbye.

Remember me every so often
Promise me you'll try
In those days
Those not so distant days
When you were far away and free
If you ever find a moment
Spare a thought for me

Jean smiled and ran to his sister and grasped her shoulder. "Calm down sis." he said laughing merrily.

"No, don't stop...you sound lovely," Eric encouraged Jane as she smiled warmly at him. She smiled! I made her happy, keep it up! his thoughts ran wild. "I don't know why I never noticed before..."

Jean shrugged, "I counted your girls per sem and they're at least twelve to thirteen a year." he said shrugging, "You like complimenting them too much." he said, shrugging, Jane however continued singing.

And though it's clear
Though it was always clear
That this was never meant to be
If you happen to remember
Stop and think of me.

"You know Eric, Jane used to sing that a lot. Contrary to the belief that she wanted to be Meg Giry, she actually wanted to be Christine, byt when your girlfriend got her dream role, she quit her dream." Jean explained as he hummed along to the song.

Think of when the world was green
Don't think about how things might have been

Think of me, think of me waking
Silent and resigned
Think of me trying to hide and put you from my mind
Think of me
Please say you'll think of me
Whatever it is you cjoose to do
There will never be
A day when I won't think of you!

Jean laughed, "That's my cue." he said shrugging as he pulled Eric to his sister.

Can it be?
Can it be Christine?
Bravp! Bravo!
Long ago
It seems so long ago
How young and innocent we were
She may not remember me
But I remdmber her.

Jean grinned at Eric as he sang, he mouthed, "Make your move!" However Jane kept singing as they roamed the Theatre.

Flowers fade
The fruits of summer fade
They have their seasons so do we
But promise me that sometimes
You will think of me!

Jane stopped walking and smiled after singing the song, Jean glanced at Eric, "Go on hotshot, make her smile again." he muttered, trying to get Eric to budge.

"Jane...you remember my ex girlfriend that got the part of Christine back in school? She...she never deserved it. She did certain...favors, for the director to get the part. That's why we broke up. But all I can remember from our time together was how truly awful she sounded. Her speaking voice was shrill, and her singing was worse. She lacked your warmth and sweetness. I don't think I wanted to admit that back then, but I knew you were better. You still are; you're better than anyone I've heard since."

Jane blushed, "I bet you say that to every girl you meet." she mumbled, Jean laughed, "I think I'll leave you two alone here to have some time together." he said running off, leaving his sister, looking nervous and flustered.

"I'll admit that I used to, but I really meant that, Jane. You laughed at me for coming to see your rehearsals all week but hearing you sing each day made it worthwhile."

Jane paused, she knew she found it ridiculous that he should go to the rehearsals and performances all week long, she admits, she still does, but how on earth did she make it worthwhile? "E-Eric...how did I...how did I make it worthwhile?" she managed to ask, nervously wringing her hands.

"Didn't I just say? I love hearing your voice, and seeing your beautiful...everything, really. I look at you and feel things that I haven't felt about any girl for a long time. I know why you wouldn't believe me," Eric leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, "but you worry too much."

Jane blushed, "I do worry too much don't I?" she mumbled as she let Eric kiss her.

"You do," Eric placed a hand gently on her shoulder, "but it makes you good at everything. And...and I want a chance to see you do so much more. I know I can't possibly have repaired our past in just the span of a few days, but would you give me the chance to keep trying?"

Jane paused, dare she even try? Dare she try to be somewhat close to someone who has hurt her so? Jane's brows furrowed, she looked at Eric before a smile broke to her face, "I think I'd like us to try." she said with a small smile.

"You...you would?" Eric was surprised, and it showed on his face, "great, thanks! What would you say to dinner on Friday? Any place you want to go, I'll take us!" He had to stop himself from getting too excited, but he was beaming.

Jane looked at him in surprise, "Eric, Friday's closing night, but..." she bit her lip before smiling sadly, "I didn't get the role of Nancy in Oliver so I guess I'm free for one week." she said shrugging as if to assure him she doesn't mind.

"Then I'll take you out to celebrate after! Or we can go Saturday night instead, if you prefer. I'll be here Friday to cheer you on regardless," he saw the mixed emotions on her face and did his best to reassure her. "Hey, tryouts are tough, I know. You can't always get what you want and unfortunately you're in a line of work that has that happening more often than not. Besides, they probably just wanted to give someone else a chance since you do so well with everything."

Jane sighed, "I know that it happens, I'm just...you know, hoping I could busy myself some way." she muttered, her eyes downcast.

"Well then what better opportunity to hang out with me? I'd like to think I could keep you busy for at least a week," he smiled as he lifted her chin back up to look in her eyes. "You'll be back for the next production and make them sorry that they ever said no."

Jane cna't help but giggle, "Now I know what made the girls fall for you." she said as her blush deepened.

"The charm is pretty difficult to resist, I've found," he checked his watch and then jumped. "Ah crap, I've got a conference call to be on soon! I'll see you on Friday!" He kissed Jane again and ran off.

Jane was left, stunned and touched that he would even want to spend time with her.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dots
12-07-2017, 11:51 PM