So Long I've Waited (First Come first Served)

"I can't say I blame her," Eric emphasizes his stomach and the two share a laugh. "So...may I come in?"

"Sure, come in!" Jean said as he enthusiastically opened the door.

"Thanks a lot, man," Eric said as he tried to enter as quietly as possible. "Kitchen is this way, I figure," Jean led him to the entry way where he stood and waited for Jane to notice.

Jane however, did not exactly notice him, she was clenching and unclenching her fist and muttering things, "Stop it, Jane, you don't love him, he'll hurt you, are you really worth it?" she mumbled as she rocked back and forth in a state of panic.

Eric glanced at Jean worriedly and decided to open his mouth, before Jane said something she didn't want him to hear. "Jane...uhh...hey," he said sheepishly.

Jean sighed, "Panic attacks happen to her sometimes." he said as he approached Jane, "Hey there Janie, Eric's here to say something." Jean said carefully, hoping his sister would not hit him, upon those words, Jane stopped and frowned, "E-Eric?" she asked, Jean nodded with a gentle smile, he stood up and went to Eric, whispering, "You've got the whole day, after Jane's panic attacks, she ends up reverting to college memories so she thinks you are in college, you know the times when she likes you a lot." he whispered, "Take pictures and I'll help ya in courting her."

"What?" Eric said, understanding what he meant but still confused at the oddity of it all. Before he could ask more, Jean had ran to a different room. "Hi Jane, it's good to see you. What's up?"

Jane looked up with a confused expression, "What are you doing here? In my house? How'd you find it?" she asked him as she slowly got up, she approached him as a soft blush graced her face, "Why'd you go here anyway?" she asked, her voice not louder than a whisper.

"I wanted to see you, Jane," Eric lowered his voice, thinking that startling her might jolt her back. He couldn't help but wonder what would happen when she returned to normal. "So I took some time, did some research and figured out where you lived. It's not as creepy as it sounds, I swear. I talked to your brother, and he let me in."

She cocked her head to one side, "Since when did Jean start allowing my schoolmates in here?" she asked but Jean entered, he shrugged, "What? He looked okay and besides, I read your diary, I know your crush." he said as he looked at Eric with a grin and ran back inside his room.
"Jean, that is just too cruel!" she yelled back at him before looking at Eric apologetically, "Sorry...Um...would you like something to eat, I don't know what we have right now but maybe there's something you might like. You like cheese and bacon pizza right?" she asked him, she blushed again before looking away, covering her face with her hands.

"You know my favorite!" Eric blushed a bit. "Well, I don't want to impose, but if you're offering, I'd be stupid to turn it down." He moved and took a seat at the table as Jane bustled about the kitchen. "So you have a crush on me, huh? Or was your brother just making that up?"

Jane shrugged, "I-I don't know what you're talking about." she mumbled as she carefully put the toppings on the pizza dough, still not taking notice of Eric's swollen middle.

"You don't have to play cool, you know," Eric started to get worried. Part of him felt very much as though he were taking advantage of her. She clearly wasn't herself. But normally Jane wouldn't look his way, so he had to take the opportunity he was given. "I kind of have feelings for you too. I know, I know, I have a terrible way of showing it. I guess first of all I owe you an apology."

Jane looked up, hopeful, "Really? You like me too?" she asked him with a smile more joyful than a kid on his birthday. "I've liked you since forever you know...I just thought you don't like me." she mumbled, "It's okay, I didn't really take notice of anything you said or did back then." she lied but she always did want him to like her so...why should she tell him of everything?

"I do, and I'm glad that you still have feelings for me. Lately I've realized I don't deserve that much from you, but if you'd be willing to give me a chance..." Eric hesitated a bit, remembering how angry and desperate he'd been before. But seeing her face light up gave him some confidence back. "I'd love to take you out on a date. Dinner, a show; anywhere you want to go, anything you want to do, it's yours."

She smiled, "I know a butterfly garden somewhere." she offered as she handed him the slice of pizza she has made.

"That sounds nice," Eric said as he took a bite of the pizza. "Oh my god, Jane, this is delicious. Have you ever considered cooking over acting?" He joked.

"But I love my course!" Jane protested, and yet a smiled graced her face as she said these.

"You're equally good at both! I love watching you act..." Eric put a hand on top of Jane's. "So...when would you like to go to this butterfly garden? "

"Tomorrow after classes." Jane said before standing up, "I have to go fix my room for a while, Jean might have found my other stuff." she added before shrugging, "So see you tomorrow?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dots
12-07-2017, 11:51 PM