So Long I've Waited (First Come first Served)

"Great! If you grab your coat, we can go now!"

"Let me change." Jane said leading Eric outside.

"Okay, I'll be waiting downstairs," Eric walked away and was startled by Jean hiding right around the corner. "Well, I got her to go out with me today. What do I do now?"

"Make the most of it. Take photos and the like." Jean said as Jane went out wearing the sundress Eric saw.

"Wow...you look beautiful, Jane," Eric said in awe as he leaned against the wall.

Jane blushed and shrugged, "Thanks Eric, that means a lot coming from you." she whispered as she held his hand, "Ready to go?"

Eric suddenly felt warm at her touch. "Yeah! Let's get out of here!" Once outside Eric helped Jane into his car--a modest black sedan--and eased himself into the driver's seat. It was difficult for him to squeeze behind the wheel, and he jokingly pointed that out. "I'm gonna need you to direct me, Jane," he said once they'd gotten onto the road.

After some forty minutes, they arrived at a butterfly farm with a vine covered entrance, Jane excitedly got out and waited for Eric, her face lighting up as she looked at the entrance.

"What a nice little place! I've just got to take some pictures," Eric said as he awkwardly got out of the car. He reached back in for a camera and started snapping shots of the surrounding areas. "Hey Jane, want to pose for a few of these?"

Jane blushed, "O-okay." she began posing in front of the camera, her face flushed as he snapped the photos.

"Oh loosen up a bit! You look great," Eric encouraged as Jane started to relax, "let's see if there's someone here that will take some of us together!"

"Well there's the caretakers." Jane pointed out.

"Good idea! Though I think I'll hold off on that for a bit, let's go see some butterflies!"

Jane nodded and led him through into a clearing behind the vine entrance, every plant, every flower has a butterfly flying around it, Jane looked at it with a large smile, "I always loved this place as a kid."

"It's incredible...I can't believe I never knew about this place," Eric held out a finger and a beautiful blue butterfly came and sat on it. "I made a new friend!" Eric said, turning to Jane, "oh. But not as many as you!" The butterflies had flocked to the floral print on Jane's dress.

Jane laughed, "I had a dress like this when Father would be home from his mistress, he would take me and Jean here..." she paused and lost her amused glimmer, "He would take me and Jean..." she sighed and shook her head, "But never Mother." she finally said as she brushed the skirt of her dress and let a butterfly land on her finger. A sad smile gracing her lips.

"Oh..." Eric said, taking in what Jane was telling him. "I don't know what to say, Jane. If you ever want to talk to me, you know you can, right?" He lifted her chin so that he could look into her eyes, which seemed to be glistening with the start of tears.

"I don't know if I could tell you Eric." Jane said quietly, confused and conflicted whether she should tell Eric or not.

"It's okay. I know we're not totally comfortable with each other yet--and I kinda jumped the gun there--but if you ever feel like it or need someone, I'm always here."

"Thank you." Jane said as she gave him a quick kiss.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dots
12-07-2017, 11:51 PM