C My dearest friend (w/ Littleittyboy)

Alex tried to prolong their parting as much as possible, doing as many fiddley little things as possible at the stables. But alas, all good things must come to an end. He quickly stole a kiss from Alex before saying, "Goodnight my prince. Today was wonderful." He bowed and kissed his hand. "Please be safe on your way home."

Elliot felt his heart flutter as it always did with the way he called him his prince and the soft kiss on his fingers made his heart squeeze. He took a deep breath fighting back tears, always so emotional these days, truly not wanting to part from his love. “I love you” he mouthed to Alex before he headed back up to the castle, a little happier than usual due to his day.

Alex mouthed, " I love you," in return before they had to part. He did the part of a dedicated servant, minding the horses properly as he should.

Violet had come back awhile ago, and was sitting in the library with a thick book. She happened glance out the window and saw Elliot strolling up. Her eyes lit up seeing him, and she quickly put her book aside, rushing to greet him.

Elliot sighed softly pulling at his cloak, he wished he could be out and proud with his love as he made his way slowly up the stairs, feeling out of breath fairly quickly now. He saw his father standing at the top of the stairs and swallowed roughly feeling panic ball in his stomach. Had he somehow found out about Alex? If so Elliot would have to find a way to warn him as quickly as possible. His heart raced as he moved closer and bowed “Father” he said softly feeling his hands shake a little from beneath his cloak.

Violet made her way to Elliot, trying to meet him halfway so they could walk back together. She was halfway down the hall when she saw the king and Elliot in some sort of altercation (?) She had gotten quite good at moving quietly now, thanks to a lot of sneaking around, and she quietly watched behind a pillar as the two talked. She didn't want to talk to the king, but would if he was rude to Elliot. In fact, she steeled herself and headed over to them.

Vincent looked down at his son “I hope you enjoyed the horse ride, it’s the last one you’ll have before the thing is out of you. From tomorrow you will be locked in your room with constant guard supervision at your door until it’s born. Do you understand?” He said, his voice deep and threatening.

Elliot felt panic race up his spine “Yes, your majesty” he said, his mind racing a mile a minute trying to figure out how on earth he would keep his child safe now. He tried to hold back tears but felt a few slip.

Vincent walked down to him and slapped him across the face, Elliot couldn’t help but whimper, “Keep your emotions in check child, I told you what was to happen, you shouldn’t have attached yourself to the thing” he said dismissively “Return to your room now”

Elliot swallowed roughly and saw Violet out of the corner of his eye “I did promise the princess that we could spend some time together this evening, is that allowed?” He asked swallowing roughly.

Vincent looked at him warily “I suppose. Tomorrow you will have guards outside your room constantly but do not think I won’t have an eye on you tonight if you try anything” he said threateningly and moved closer to him putting a hand on his stomach “This thing will die” he said, his eyes full of fury as he turned and went back inside missing Violet.

Violet quickly tapped down the stairs rushing toward Elliot. "Are you okay?" She asked, looking at the slap mark on his cheek. She squeezed his hand gently, trying to reassure him. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner, I wasn't stronger... Let's get that treated."
Just like she had been when they first met and he was plagued with his mysterious "illness" she fussed over his health like a worried mom.

Elliot held his tears in and shook his head “I’m fine” he said breathlessly blinking them back quickly before smiling warmly at her “You look happy, I thought you were dreading the fitting” he said leading her up the stairs and towards his room. His cheek stung but he didn’t want to think about it, he was much too worried about the guard situation and how he was to get out of it.

Violet was worried about it, though. She insisted on applying a cold compress to his cheek and making sure he was comfortable before agreeing to relax. She nodded. "Oh, the fitting was about as horrible as you would expect." But she didn't elaborate; Elliot had far bigger issues than a handsy old pervert. "But I had a good day regardless." She offered him her cookie tin.

Elliot shook his head at the offer, not feeling hungry in the slightest at the moment. “Oh? You had a good day?” He smirked at her “I couldn’t possibly think what could have changed your day around, please elaborate” he teased her gently and winced as the cold compress was pressed to his cheek.

Once she had finished mothering him, Violet said, "oh, well it wasn't as interesting as the day you've had, I'm sure." She waggled her eyebrows suggestively. "But, I did get a chance to stop by the shoppe and see Liam again. We had a nice chat." That was of course not all of the story, but she was a tad bit ashamed to say much of anything else.

Elliot rose an eyebrow at her “Yes, yes, I had a date with Alex in the forest, it was very lovely. Now please elaborate about Liam” he said grinning widely “Im sure all you did was have a nice chat. Did he give you more tea? Did you share your sweets with him?” He laughed gently “Violet, tell me” he said pouting a bit before he felt an uncomfortable pain for a few seconds and moved to a more comfortable position to listen to her story.

Violet laughed. "Okay, okay," she said. "We did have more tea and sweets, yes. But we also go to talking, and despite our circumstances, he seems interested in pursuing me." She told him what had happened, which probably indicated more interest than just "a little" but she tended to deliver her own news underwhelmingly. She did Also include the promise and the rather bold kiss on her end.

Elliot laughed loudly and grabbed her pulling her in for a tight hug happily “Oh my gods, I’m so happy for you Violet!” He said ecstatically and held her cheek gently “You deserve all the happiness and I’m sure he will give it to you” he said smiling brightly at her “He’s a sweet man and you’re a beautiful person, you deserve each other fully. Well, now I have to marry Alex as soon as possible” he teased playfully before scrunching his face up slightly at an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach, he passed it off as stress.

"He is very sweet," Violet giggled, squeezing Elliot gently. "Thank you."

Her elation was short lived when she noticed Elliot's face. "Are you okay?" Violet asked, squeezing his hand, her brow creased with worry.

Elliot nodded rubbing his stomach gently feeling the tension fade “Yeah, I’m okay” he said and smiled warmly at her “I just think the stress is getting to me” he laughed gently feeling back at ease again for a moment “I’m glad I get to spend some more time with you before I’m locked away” he sighed sadly.

Violet sighed. "Yeah, about that... We need to get you out of here. Tonight. I'm not going to stand for you being kept in your room for the rest of the time," She said defiantly. She scooted closer, more conspiratorially and whispered, "I'm going to smuggle you out tonight."

Elliot laughed gently looking at her “Violet, I can’t just disappear like that, I’m still the prince” he said softly “He’ll fine me and put Alex and his family in danger, I can’t put them in danger no matter the price” he said softly and got up going to the carafe of water he had pouring them each a glass.

Violet frowned. "I can cover for you. Get you somewhere safe, and then lead them on here," she said. Maybe she has been reading too many of the adventures novels of late, but still. She accepted the glass with gratitude.

Elliot smiled warmly at her “I really do appreciate it but it’s okay, I will deal with whatever happens” he said sighing gently and sipped at his water before choking on a mouthful looking down terrified as water ran down his leg onto the floor “Oh gods…”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post