O Spoils of war (open to one more)

((Perfect, sounds great. Lemme know if I write anything you don't like, or would like described differently. c: ))

Master. Now that had a ring to it. Nari felt himself puff up a little as if he needed to look the part of 'master' more than he already did, standing by the platform, gripping this prisoner's chain. The sphinx watched carefully as the snow leopard eyed Gila. The hawk seemed to just stare glassily back. Unblinking and poised. Nari felt himself chuckle, just lightly. At least his bird was receiving some sort of eye contact. Though, perhaps expecting the Deliahian to look straight at him was asking a bit much for a first time encounter. It was a strong form of body language that strangers seldom used, not these days, not in these parts; unless the were under the pretense of feeling bold. Thus Nari simply waited, watching, noticing as his new companion's gaze flitted to the dusty ground.

"Rigiel..." Nari let the name roll off his tongue slowly, emphasizing the end of it. He continued to glance of Rigiel again, and then another time before he spoke again. "Yes, as I have been made aware, you are indeed from the Deliah clan..." Nari quirked an eyebrow, his free hand rising to meet his own chin. Rigiel, as he was now called, up close, was looking less the brawny warrior, and indeed quite regal. Perhaps not as threatening as Nari had anticipated for a member or a clan that held its alliance on the opposing side of war... But Nari's grip on the chain became tighter nonetheless. "Yes, your coat is quite different than mine." Nari stated simply, and then looked down to his own, shorter, thinner tawny self, and then to his tail which resembled that of a lion's. Much less fluffy and impressive than Rigiel's seemed to be. "You're an exotic being. From the north." Nari continued, now starting to slowly move, tugging Rigiel's chain along beside him as an usher for the snow leopard to walk. "You are from the tundra? The mountains?" Nari cocked his head sideways, looking backward at Rigiel.

"I am not from any such clan." Nari continued lightly, now pacing fully straight ahead, Gila bobbing on his shoulder as they walked. "This is Gila." Nari glanced towards his hawk. "And I am Nari, son of Anashka." The sphinx titered, pausing only for a second on his mother's name he didn't expect Rigiel to recgonize it, but he seemed to keep a reverence for the mention of her all the same. She was the one that many feared when it came to the wiles and ways of war, and the names of the sphinxes that fought in it. It was she that was the priestess, the counselor and the commander that so many had succumbed to. His mother had been there at the beginning, over ten decades previous when the fighting had broken out. She had spilled blood many, many times. She was a winged demon, a quibbler, a riddle maker, a shadow. Nari had heard it all- Yet his affection for his fearsome beget was strong. "I have never been to such harsh and cold places such as the northern plains, or their mountains. I mostly reside here. When I am not traveling, or in arms." Nari lifted his free arm to motion at the upcoming city before them. Or at least, what had once been a great city. Now, the ruins of what once had been a white walled refuge was somewhat falling down, and haphazard. Almost no great walls remained anymore. Wartorn and tired were what most places of civilization were now. Yes, pockets of places such as the one they were in now were still thriving, and beautiful. Nari thought to his own bungalow. It was perhaps not the largest in some regards, not compared to other great and tall buildings. But it was clean, and perhaps lavish enough to make others a little envious. It served him well and met his needs, and that was all he could ask for.

"There-" Nari suddenly pointed, turning to his left. Towards the main remnant of the still dwindling crowd. People were still gathered there at the few remaining shanty stalls that were still posted for the evening. Small wares such as pottery, and food, trinkets and vibrant cloths were everywhere. it was one of those cloths that Nari was after. He pulled Rigiel along with him as he pushed through the thinning crowd and snatched a particularly large, fringed, royal blue afghan. He didn't bother to look at the merchant before turning around to hand the cloth to Rigiel. Payment would come if the garment was to his liking. "Wrap it." He motioned a tying motion at his own waist, the chain in his hand clinking as he did so. "Wear it, so you don't go stark naked all through town. I can't have you showing up in my threshold with nothing on, scaring my servants." He looked at Rigiel expectantly. "I'll wait a moment. Then we should go."

Messages In This Thread
Spoils of war (open to one more) - by Tristeza - 06-16-2017, 02:10 AM
RE: Spoils of war (open to one more) - by Flayme - 06-21-2017, 03:30 AM
RE: Spoils of war (open to one more) - by Tristeza - 06-22-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: Spoils of war (open to one more) - by Flayme - 06-22-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Spoils of war (open to one more) - by Tristeza - 06-22-2017, 05:13 AM
RE: Spoils of war (open to one more) - by Flayme - 06-22-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: Spoils of war (open to one more) - by Tristeza - 06-25-2017, 05:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by orocroc33
08-09-2019, 04:48 PM