American Horror Story: Death Valley
AHS: Double Feature, Part 2
For those who don't know American Horror Story is an anthology series that deals with different characters/themes every season. Sometimes those characters may cross over but for the most part seasons are independent from one another (Apocalypses- season 8 being the exception to this rule). But each theme will deal with the horror tropes that tend to surround it, sometimes subverting expectations sometimes just running straight through.

Double Feature in and of itself could have been the gimmick of the new season but reading some interviews and stuff it seems IRL events with the pandemic and the inability to film during the proper months really screwed things over. Taken from Wikipedia it states:

'Following the interruption, series co-creator Ryan Murphy told in an interview with TheWrap that the delay could potentially change the season's theme, since his initial idea needed to be filmed during the warmer months of the year.'

This is pure speculation but I can't help but wonder if Red Tide was in the initial idea seeing as it ran for 6 of the 10 episodes and Death Valley was an in develop season. 4 episodes to develop a cohesive plot and characters while each episode is split into two different time eras seems an almost impossible task. Especially more so when you consider the vast amounts of trope aliens have in horror media. Again a single episode more to help develop the leads from the modern story would have really helped.

I could write pages upon pages on what I thought would happen or plot ideas that seemed dropped but who would it benefit? I'll take what we got (the leads were super attractive IMO) and I will be forever grateful for the amount of behind the scenes stuff we got.

Messages In This Thread
American Horror Story: Death Valley - by mprego2 - 09-28-2021, 09:59 AM
RE: American Horror Story: Death Valley - by Takarimpreg - 10-22-2021, 10:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart A Traditional Story of Taiwan - 戲說台灣 pirateking1256 4 4,621 06-13-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: pirateking1256
  American Dad - Rodger has a Baby KyleAlexander 0 2,569 04-27-2017, 02:22 AM
Last Post: KyleAlexander
  American Dad Roger gives birth hugebelly 3 21,273 10-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Last Post: PorterBailey