Closed Sweet Like Honey [Closed with Thoughtless]
"What are you doing?"

Jesse didn't look towards the voice at the door and continued to pull things from drawers. He tossed a backpack onto his bed beside scattered pieces of clothing, a toothbrush and a half-used bottle of aspirin.

"Jess?"

"I'm leaving." He filled the bag haphazardly without rhyme or reason. He didn't care. All he wanted was to be out of this place. The room was small and spartan with two beds, two dressers, and two heavy trunks--a barracks od sorts. There were no photos or pictures on the walls. Everything was simple and useful. It was a temporary space, just like all the others, although they hard stayed here longer than most.

"You're overreacting."

Jesse clenched is his fist, finally turnning to his bunkmate. "Overreacting? You think I'm overreacting."
"I think your uncle got under your skin," The tall red-head crossed his arms.
"Under my..." Jesse shook his head and sneered. "They were kids, Caine! They were just kids!" He pulled on his denim jacket
"And you let them go."
"They didn't do anything."
"It was against protocol."
"Fuck protocol!" He slung the bag over his shoulder. "And fuck my uncle for making it."
Caine snickered. "So what are you going to do? Leave? This is your life Jesse. Where the hell will you go?"
"Right now? To get a damn drink." Jesse pushed passed him and without looking back made his way to exit. The heavy doors of the compound clicked and locked behind him. The taxi was already waiting. "A bar. Any bar." He mumbled as the car sped away.

The cab dropped him in front of a dingy place that looked just like any other bar in any other town he'd been to. A bell rang as he walked through the door. Patrons watched a game on the tv while drinking generic brews and hard liquor. He took a seat at the bar and dropped his bag on the ground by his feet.
"What'll it be?" The barkeep leaned in.
"Whatever's on tap." He grunted, placing a 20 on the counter, "and a double shot of Bourbon. As much as this'll get me to start. Just keep'em coming."
He barkeep chuckled but nodded and handed him a beer. "First one's on me."

Jesse nodded back and took a sip. It wasn't great but it was cold. Good enough. He could spend the night here without being bothered. After that he had no idea what he was going to do...and didn't much care.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweet Like Honey [Closed with Thoughtless] - by thoughtless - 02-07-2024, 02:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C Man of my (wicked) dreams. [Closed with SilentFeather] Nitrogen 218 16,406 05-29-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Nitrogen
  O Dear Mr. Teacher (closed with justpush) Ashes 24 1,592 05-09-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Ashes
  C Teacher's sweet pet. (w/ SilentFeather) Nitrogen 37 1,706 05-01-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  C Big surprise!!(closed with whoknows) Ne0281 42 3,255 04-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Ne0281
  C Secret love (Closed with Whoknows) Littleittyboy 169 10,069 04-02-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Whoknows
  C Fecund Royalty [w/ thoughtless] Bu_umpy 29 2,364 02-05-2024, 06:57 AM
Last Post: thoughtless
  C Unexpectedly Unexpected [closed with whoknows] xxjadeexx 17 1,179 11-26-2023, 04:49 PM
  C The Pregnant Alien's Omega (closed with dork95) Plutexian Mpregger 86 7,902 10-14-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Plutexian Mpregger
  C Emu mpreg (closed with ZealousEmu369 ( Roselockheart 22 943 08-18-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Roselockheart
  C A Good Education. (closed with dolria1) Whoknows 126 8,507 08-17-2023, 10:07 PM