CARTOOOOOONS.
Oh my gawd! A discussion can really sink my teeth into. Dispite my age(don't judge me!) I am a total toon fiend. A friend of mine and I discuss and lament our favorite cartoons constantly. My friend will not watch American Dad until someone kills Roger. When I watch the show with my head lowered into the palm of my hand I constantly ask myself "why does any of the family even listen to Roger, and why have they not killed him yet." She says there would be not show without Roger, and I disagree, there is enough family dysfunction to keep the show, not just going, but thriving. Mcfarlane is way craze enough to keep us mesmerized. She will not watch any of his other shows either.

I am so disappionted with cartoon network. It was the only reason I have cable at all. I can not get into Adventure time or Regular show, and none of the live action stuff. It is called cartoon network after all. I like Mad, It is so much like the name sake magazine. I adore The fairly odd parents. I love a show that has dialogue like "oh my speen" and Cosmo stating the personal observation "There wasn't one manly word in that sentence." And come on, they had a whole hour devoted to a mpreg moment for Cosmo (he both worries and delights me.) A subject right up our ally. Love Jimmy Neutron, dislike Planet Sheen, but enjoyed Sheen on Jimmy Neutron. Go figure, not to like the spin-off.

I enjoy (but should not watch, ever!) Boondocks. It is oh so very wrong! It is a major gilty and forbiden pleasure. I feel I have to scourge my skin, eyes and ears after watching it. The show uses the "N"-word over 20 times per episode, and call women b*tchs rather than use their given names. But I love the fact that Samuel L. Jackson is the voice for a white man (Gin Rummy) it cracks me up just thinking about that. Samuel L. Jackson is in everything. Hardest working man in the film industry (Afro samuri as well, man! An anima I refuse to watch. Gore and language.) I think the late master Bushdo Brown is taylored after that anima charactor.

I also enjoy The Venture brothers, It is another guilty pleasure (Patrick Warburton seems to turn up in every thing as well.) Because of language and/or gore there are alot of Adult swim cartoons I refuse to allow myself to watch.

Comedy central also produces alot of cartoons that hit my list of guilty pleasures. Ugly americans, Futurama (just a pleasure, no guilt). I can not do South park, ever. Every so often I try to watch and feel ashamed for even thinking about it, much less trying to. I have other issues with Stone and Parker (Team America) I can not delve into right now. Drawn together-No! Cleaver but no.

But back to Cartoon network. I enjoyed Dexter's laboritory, Johnny Brovo, Cow and Chicken (way sick) and I just recently discovered that Mcfarlane had a hand in their production, which answers a lot of questions (personal meanderings.) All of the Ben 10 incarnation, Generator Rex (Di Maggio is getting up there in the character work as well), Young justice (though it can not replace Teen Titans), I would like to see Simbiotic Titan return, like the other works under Genny Tarkaovsky (Samuri Jack's producer) were ended ubuptly. Though I am not proud to say I like Johnny Test (didn't see that comming.) Power puff girls-great (again Genny Tarkaovsky)! Fosters home for imaginary friend, Kids next door, Ed Edd and Eddy (butterd toast, mmm.) Megas XLR was the total bomb! It tortured and roasted anime constanly! I aboslutly loved the show! It should never have ended, I cry when ever I think about it. At least I was able to get the DVD, I watch it with my nephew and got it as a present for my friend. I feel the new Looney Toons is a saddly anemic atempt at the beloved shorts. But I really enjoyed Duck Doger of the 24 and 1/2 century and Tazmania.

Several Nicktoons as well; Angry beavers, Zim the invader (sad), Rugrats, The wild Thornberrys, Rocko's modern world (also sick).

I loved Batman the animated series and could spend hours upon hours discussing how absolulty great it was and how much I miss it, and I am talking about hours, beleave me. As well as Superman, Justice league, all produce by warrner bros. and all the aboslute liveing end! They also produce greats like Animaiacs, spin-off Pinky and the Brain-narff, and my aboslute fave Freakazoid. When I show my nephews the DVD they look and me with a dead-pan expression and say 'that's just not right'; they are so young and naive.

Disney is on my list (people and/or things that I wish to eliminate.) Not because they do bad work. I have issue with how they stop production on really great cartoon series, and there are a lot of them. The art work is excellent, story and dialogue often very good. but after 3 years no matter how well the story, is it is stopped! Not ended, just stopped!

I am going to stop now because as you can see I can go on and on and..... And beleave me there is much more. Well thank for letting me vent and pontificate.

Messages In This Thread
CARTOOOOOONS. - by Buggy Girl - 03-04-2012, 01:52 AM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by TangerineTitillation - 03-04-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by BaronVonCroydlypants - 03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by Buggy Girl - 03-06-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by systematic_chaos - 03-07-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by Sick twisted puppy - 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by Kesian - 03-21-2012, 02:17 AM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by Sugar Kitten =^_^= - 03-12-2012, 01:46 AM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by Buggy Girl - 03-21-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by Faunus - 03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: CARTOOOOOONS. - by Mark - 04-02-2012, 11:30 PM