So Long I've Waited (First Come first Served)

"Come on, let's go look for some more butterflies," Eric grabbed her hand and the pressed further into the exhibit.

Jane nodded and led him deeper through the area, pointing out each butterfly and telling him the name, her eyes shining with her usual joyful glimmer.

Soon they came to the centerpiece of the garden, a beautiful fountain surrounded by flowers of every color, and butterflies floating serenely past them. "This is amazing! I'd love to get a picture here, Jane. Please?"

Jane nodded, "Okay." she said as she went near the fountain and smiled.

Eric snapped a picture, and then found someone coming to the same area. "Excuse me, could you take our picture?" He asked the stranger. They exchanged some words and Eric handed over his camera as he went and put an arm around Jane to pose for the photo.

Jane giggled and embraced Eric, smiling widely at the camera.

Eric asked their new cameraman to take a few from other spots around the fountain, and he and Jane had a blast coming up with creative poses. He gave a large thank you and took his camera back. They both sat down o km a bench and flipped through the pictures.

"We look really good together." Jane said dreamily. Her eyes on one of their many poses.

"Yeah...we do," Eric said, only then noticing the sun beginning to set. "Wow, look how late it got. I hardly noticed! Want to grab some dinner?"

Jane looked up at the sky, she paused, "Well....I think Mom wouldn't mind me staying a bit late...sure, dinner sounds wonderful."

"Awesome! I know the best place," Eric beamed. "They make almost anything: pasta, sandwiches, salads, the works! You can even ask them for certain combinations and they won't judge you at all! That's come in handy more than I'd like to admit," Eric said as he patted his stomach.

Jane nodded, "Alright, let's go." she said taking Eric's hand and leading him outside the butterfly garden.

Eric drove them to the restaurant--as it turned out it wasn't very far from the butterfly garden--and they parked outside. Once inside Eric was greeted with a hug from the elderly hostess. "Why, if it isn't my favorite customer!" She cried out. "And what a beautiful friend you have with you tonight! Please, let me show you to a table!"

Jane blushed at the comment, "Eric, how long have you been going here? I've never been here before." she said as they were led to a table.

"Like I said, they helped me satisfy a lot of cravings. Can't say I'm complaining!"

"Now, Eric, I know you prefer water to drink, what can I get your lady friend here?"

Jane shrugged, "I'm fine with anything ma'am." she mumbled as she looked around.

The hostess left and the faint mumble of other conversations began to fade in. "Well? What do you think of this place? Quaint, isn't it?"

"It's very simplistic, so unlike you Eric." Jane muttered.

"I wasn't aware I gave off a complex vibe!" Eric laughed. "That's the beauty of it though. You don't need flashy cutlery and a wait staff that kisses your ass. A friendly atmosphere and good food is all I need."

"Really? Wow, who'd have thought that a rich college student would be so...humble." Jane mumbled, before she paused and frowned, "Wait....I'm not in college anymore..." she looked at Eric, "...and neither are you."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dots
12-07-2017, 11:51 PM