Illegitimate Heir (closed)

Lucas gingerly held the book. "I've heard of Saoul Gervais during my studies. They say he was a genius but incredibly mad." He ran his finger tips along the edges of the pages, but not going past the front page. Should he risk it? It was tempting, oh so tempting, but would even a glance at these pages be worth the punishment? What would the punishment be? He felt a light flutter in his stomach and he closed the book. "It's best for me not to look," he admitted as he gently gave the book back to Silette.

"A mage of bonding magic, me and my father are known for such. And that is why I cannot become close to anyone." Silette explained as she set the book beside her.

"Bonding magic...Forgive me, but I am not all that informed or educated on that branch of magic. Admittedly, my studies were more focused on wards, shields, minor healing, and poison detection."

"You are more adept to your defense and offense." Silette said with an understanding nod, "Bonding magic is the type of magic that will put two psople's hearts as one, each of them feeling what the other feels and the like, this happened to my parents upon their fallibg for each other." she said with a cgatty tune on.

"That...Is incredibly rare and dangerous magic," Lucas said with a mix of wonder and fear.

"A magic which I pray I did not have." she said bitterly.

"It must be difficult," Lucas said. "A lovely lady like you should be with somebody."

(08-13-2014, 04:16 PM)Eskal Wrote:  "It must be difficult," Lucas said. "A lovely lady like you should be with somebody."

"Words cannot express." she said with a sigh.

Lucas looked through some of the other books. "This is quite the nice collection you have."

"Thank you, but these are not so striking to the people." she said with a shake of her head.

"Not many people can afford schooling. My father was close with the king and I saved the prince form a snake when we were children. I was fortunate enough to learn beside him."

"You're right on so many levels but to be honest, most people who browsed through my books were scholars."

"It's unfortunate that they didn't buy. You have quite the selection."

"Yes, quite the collection indeed, well Lucas, I think I should at least learn about you, likes and dislikes, preferences on clothing, food and literature, the like, I tend to ask these when getting to know a person." she explained as she rummaged through the bags to take out some blankets.

"I like reading about pretty much anything. I don't care much for politics, though. As for clothing...I think my preferences are going to change in coming months."

"Yes, I can see that." Silette said eyeing his belly. She stood up and sighed, "Well it's been a good break and all but it's time for us to get back on the road." she said as she hopped back on her horse.

"Yes, that's a smart idea." Lucas said as he blushed lightly. His royal garbs were quite tight on his body and his belly had already grown to be a slight bump. A simple test the day previous had proven his condition and sparked the panic that lead him to his current situation.

They travelled for about twelve hours under the heat of the sun before Silette stopped the horse, she got off and took out a flask from her poclet and poured some in her hand, after doing her chores, she went back inside the caravan and without any other word, she collapsed.

Lucas woke up early in the morning and made a simple breakfast for the two of them.

Silette groaned as she woke up, her head was spinning and was feeling terribly nauseous. She saw Lucas preparing breakfast and nodded, "You needn't do that, I can prepare breakfast for us." she protested, placing a hand on Lucas' hand.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM