Illegitimate Heir (closed)

"Something on your mind?" Lucas asked politely.

She shrugged, "I'm only thinking of what my future would be." she mumbled closing her eyes.

Lucas nodded. "I've been thinking the same. Up until recently I thought I would spend my days in the palace. Helping Prince Henry and looking over him once he became king." He sighed. "But now...I have no idea what's coming next. It's kinda scary."

"I guess we both have different hopes for the future."

"I just hope I don't die and I can raise my child in piece. I'm not sure what I'll do for a living quite yet, but I'll figure something out."

Silette smiled and placed a hand gently on his, "Don't worry, I'll make sure you won't die." she whispered, she paused before looking around, "As for the job, I have seen some medicinal herbs around here, I believe we...I mean you, can open up an apothecary."

Lucas nodded. "Sounds like a good place to start."

After dinner, Silette began putting the dishes in the sink, upon finishing, she began fixing the couch for her to sleep in.

"I'm willing to share the bed," Lucas said. "Feel free to climb in if you get uncomfortable."

"Maybe when I get uncomfortable." she said, getting on the couch, ready to sleep.

Lucas nodded and went to the bedroom and settled in for the night.

Late that night, Lucas felt a weight beside him, it was Silette.

Lucas smiled tiredly before drifting back off to sleep.

The following day, Silette woke up and began her morning routine, hunt, cook, wash and clean, all the while learning what she can on the apothecary business.

Lucas helped where he could. He found that doing laundry was rather soothing and therapeutic. He wasn't great at it since he had never done house work much before, but he felt that he finally had control over something in his life for once.

Silette paused in her reading and her cooking to look out at Lucas, "Lucas, how are you so far?"

"A little tired, but I'm doing well," Lucas said. "I'm just not used to doing so much work. Most of my days at the palace were spent reading and in meetings. It's nice to do something for myself for a change."

",Well, don't strain yourself too much, okay?" Silette said as she placed the fried fish on plates and poured some apple juice into glasses.

"I wont," Lucas finished hanging up the basket of damp clothes on the clothes line and went inside. "This is nice." He sat down at the table and sipped the juice. "It's so peaceful out here."

Silette nodded, "Yes, quiet, peaceful and homely." she agreed as she sipped some juice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM