Illegitimate Heir (closed)

Lucas felt his heart racing as they approached one of the many manors that the royals had scattered throughout the country. Several servants waited for them at the manor's entrance. He squinted his eyes as he tried to focus on the landscaping as his head became light and his vision blurred.

"Are you alright Lucas?" came the deep voice of Bienvenu, Lucas felt Bienvenu's gentle touch on his forehead, "You are not coming up with a fever are you?" he asked gently.

"I'm fine," Lucas assured him despite the fact his body had broken out into a cold sweat. Maybe it was just nerves? Or was he getting sick?

"If you say so." he said as they made their way into the palace, an action that mad Silette frown, she kept her eyes down on the ground despite the veil covering her face and they finally stopped.

The servants came out to greet them and helped Lucas from his steed. He caught a glimpse of Henry through one of the windows before world blurred and went black.
"Master Lucas!" One of the maids shrieked as one of the butlers caught him.
"What happened?" Henry demanded as he rushed out of the palace.
"He just collapsed Your Highness..." the maid stated with a shaking voice. "We don't know why."

Bienvenu jumped off the horse immediately and checked him, "Your Highness, I request you grant us a room, Lucas is coming down with a high grade fever." the white haired young man said as Silette got off, "I will care for him, no worries Master Bienvenu." she said bowing low, praying that none would peer through the veil to realise that she is not a caretaker, she lifted Lucas into her arms and awaited for the Prince's instructions on where they must stay.

"Follow me then," Henry stated. He quickly lead them to a large room. Lucas' former quarters. Several bookshelves lined the walls with a desk piled high with scraps of paper and scrolls. The sheets were fresh on the bed as opposed to the rest of the room that had a fine layer of dust. "Here."

Bienvenu laid him on the bed and checked, "Sile-... Musichetta, get some of the water we packed." he told his master she bowed and ran outside, her head spinning as she began feeling Lucas' predicament, she stopped at the horses and took their water before rushing back, she then gave the flask of water to her "master", Bienvenu took out a towel and poured the water on it, he then wiped Lucas' forehead with it. Silette however was sitting, her back ahainst the wsll, panting as she felt the heat come to her face, she buried her face in her hands unable to take the pain.

"Are you alright, Miss?" one of the maids asked Silette. "You look pale."
"You must be the lover that Lucas has spoken of," Henry said to Bienvenu. "It's odd that he never told me about you until recently."

"I am fine." she muttered, hoping the maid would go away.
"Well I told him to keep quiet but I think it's about time Lucas told you of me, we met during one of my quick trips to the town might I add." Bienvenu said with a smile, "He is a kind man and so patient, not to mention good humoured." he said caressing Lucas' face.

Henry nodded. "He is." He glanced over Lucas' body. "I trust that you are excited to be having a child. I've known Lucas my whole life and never knew he was capable of such a feat."
Lucas' eyes twitched as they opened slightly. "What happened...? Silette...?" His glazed eyes slowly searched the room. "Henry."
"You could have sent a notice saying you were ill," Henry said. "I could have rescheduled."

Silette was shivering, Bienvenu frowned and knelt down to her, "Master, are you alright?" he whispered, Silette nodded, "It's only a fever." she waved it off, Bienvenu nodded before turning to Lucas, "Lucas, rest, I must tend to our...'servant'." he said lifting Silette into his arms.

Lucas gave a small nod and closed his eyes again. He heard Henry pull up a chair and settle in beside the bed. He could smell his perfume, a piney, musky scent. It was Lucas' favorite scent out of Henry's wide collection. He felt himself blush as he remembered that it was the scent Henry was wearing on the night they conceived the child growing within him.

Bienvenu was walking slowly, "Master...your feelings for Lucas...I do not think they are being returned...I sense the feelings he has for his Highness up til now..." he mumbled as he laid her gently on the haystack and sat beside her, "I don't think he will reciprocate." he said as he brushed a thumb over her brow. Silette sighed, "I know but...I think I will keep protecting him." she said feeling Bienvenu's cloak being wrapped around her, "I do not care for Lucas but I do care about you..." he said kissing the top of her head, "I will stay here til the Prince comes out of Lucas' room." he said as he provided warmth for Silette on such a cold night.

Lucas turned to his side, his back facing the prince. "You should go, Henry... I'm tired." He said nothing more and finally relaxed after Henry had left the room. Why do things have to be so difficult? he asked himself. Just when I was finally getting him out of my mind... He buried his face into the pillow and his thoughts turned to Silette. He felt guilty, she was feeling everything now, even the lingering feelings he had towards his former lover.

Bienvenu returned, this time without Silette, "Master is resting, said she must sort her thoughts out." he said getting in the bed with Lucas.

"I care for her," Lucas muttered. "It's just I've known Henry my whole life...It's just going to take a while for me to fully move on from him."

"Did I even say you don't?" Bienvenu asked, "All I know is that you still possess feelings for h." he added curtly.

Lucas nodded and sighed. "Thank you for helping us."

"Tis no problem, Master needed help after all." he said with a nod, "I repect her as my teacher."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM