So Long I've Waited (First Come first Served)

"Well maybe I've been lonely too!" He'd never admit that to anyone before. Not even himself, to be honest. Eric looked at Jane's expression and knew he'd gone too far. "Look, I've been really excited about tonight, and I guess I put too much stock in us being completely alone."

Jane looked away from Eric, "Then you don't know the hell I was in many years ago, even after college, the nightmares, until someone came to me and said that I was a good singer." she muttered, more to a ghost of the past than to Eric, her beautiful brows, knitted in fury, her normally kind eyes, burning in rage. She spun around, "I actually thought I still had a fair chance with you Eric, but you are still as selfish as before." she declared as she stormed out the restaurant, leaving both an astounded Eric and a concerned Raoul to contemplate what has happened.
"I say my good sir....what has happened to the Angel of Music?" Raoul asked, approaching Eric's table with his eyes wide open, still in shock as to what has happened.

"I happened to her..." Eric said sadly. "I'm such an idiot. Trying to convince her that I'd changed? I even convinced myself but I should have known better. All my life it's been cheap floozy girls with no real passion for anything, and it's pretty clear that that's what I deserve." Eric did his best to hold back tears, but his eyes were starting to redden. "Raoul, I owe you an apology, but I also have to ask you a favor. Go out there and talk to her, would you? You make her happy, that's obvious enough. I'll just sit in here and drown my sorrows in a few more pieces of cake..."

Raoul shot a curious look at Eric, interest sparking in him, "Nevermind the Angel's temper, best let it subside before I go. But tell me, what happened between you two?" he asked as he sat in front of Eric, his brows furrowing in concern for the pregnant man.

"I'll give you the shortest version I can: she had feelings for me back in college. Real feelings, and strong ones too. And I knew--everyone knew. And I proceeded to stomp on those feelings every chance I got. We pulled elaborate pranks, berated her constantly and to this day I could tell you why. You do stupid stuff when you're young, I suppose," he looked to Raoul to make sure his story was being followed. "I was never at a shortage for girlfriends back then, and wasn't until this happened,"he thumped his belly, "but she rejected most guys that made advances on her just so she could wait for me. And she was a good catch back then too. I may be biased into thinking she's better looking now, but that's just me trying to justify myself...I'm a horrible person, Raoul, I know that much. And how can I be surprised at what's happened? I do like Jane, and maybe there was always a part of me that did. But it's pretty obvious I can never have her. I sure as hell don't deserve her."

Raoul looked shocked in the story, however he remained silent, his lips shut tight, he looked down at his watch before he looked back at the distraught Eric, "Poor....unhappy....Erik...Lost from his Angel..." he muttered before he sighed, "These five years my good, kind sir, I promised to my Angel of Music one thing and one thing alone, it is to let her choose by herself on whom she must love, perhaps you should do the same and not stop trying." he suggested as he put on his hat and pulled his coat tighter, "And besides, Faust will always need his Margarita as she does with Faust." he said with a knowing smirk, he went out and called for a cab and instructed to go to the Operahouse not far from the Theatre where he was to meet Jane like old times, leaving Eric to decide for himself on what he must do.

((Oh yeah, forgot to tell you this but you're welcome to add some characters of your own if you want.))

Eric sat for a long time thinking about what he should do. He knew most of all Jane needed time to cool down, but he didn't know if she'd do so as quickly as he'd like. He waited two days before going to the Opera house--having heard Raoul say something about it the other night. He showed up there in the late afternoon, hoping he'd find Jane somewhere.

((Okay! I'll do something when it feels right, you know?))

(Okay~))

At the stage, Raoul danced Jane around, singing with her, his voice was strong and deep, intertwining with Jane's, their eyes both locked and a smile upon their face.

No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I'm here, nothing can harm you
my words will warm and calm you
Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry your tears.
I'm here with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you...

Jane rest her head on Raoul's shoulders giving his hand a squeeze.

Say you love me every waking moment,
turn my head with talk of summertime...
Say you need me with you now and always...
Promise me that all you say is true
that's all I ask of you

Raoul kissed her forehead and pulled her closer to him before pulling away to spin her around the stage.

Let me be your shelter
let me be your light
You're safe, No one will find you
your fears are far behind you...

Jane laughed and did some quick ballet steps before bowing low to him, her face becoming flushed as they moved about the stage in a fluid motion.

All I want is freedom,
a world with no more night
and you, always beside me, to hold me and to hide me...

She sang with a begging manner, her eyes shining with tears, Raoul whispered a word of reassurance to her before answering her.

Then say you'll share with me
one love, one lifetime
let me lead you from your solitude
Say you need me with you here, beside you...
anywhere you go, let me go too
Christine, that's all I ask of you...

Raoul stopped dancing and picked her up, his slick back hair becoming unnaturally disheveled, Jane smiled and placed thick glasses on his face, she smiled. "This is the Raoul I know, not some businessman who tries to forget his dreams." she whispered as she rest her head on his shoulder.

Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime...
say the word and I will follow you...

Share each day with me,
each night, each morning...

Jane closed her eyes and whispered, "Say you love me..." Raoul paused, he bit his lip before he proceeded to kiss her forehead, "You know I do..."
She looked up and smiled.

Love me - that's all I ask of you
Anywhere you go let me go too
Love me - that's all I ask of you...

((I'm sorry about the musical numbers...I really hate myself for doing them...))

((Don't worry about it. I'm not well versed in musical theater but I'll let you know if I don't understand stuff))

Eric had watched the whole thing transpire from the doorway. He didn't know what to do with himself. Sure he'd blown up at Jane and all, but she'd been leading him around too. He couldn't tell what the deal was with this Raoul guy. He seemed to support Eric but watching this he wasn't so sure.

"Good show, you two," his voice wavered a little, "a really great performance..."

Raoul turned around and saw Eric, he smiled and gave a bow, Jane met Eric's eyes and turned away, "Raoul, I must take my leave." she muttered, running away from two men, Raoul got from the stage to face Eric and quirked a brow. "I see pain in your eyes....now, why is that?" he asked, cocking his head to one side, forgetting the fact that he was wearing glasses.

"Because I've spent the past day wallowing in self-pity. It's not something I'm used to..." Eric looked at Raoul, who seemed so different in this environment. "I'm not claiming to have undergone some spiritual transformation, but I'm trying--I've hardly slept!"

:Raoul shot an amused look at Eric, "You should stop that, it's not healthy." he said before taking his glasses off, "Now my friend, you need to know this, I support you but I still have feelings for my Angel of Music. So I believe that whoever captures her heart succeeds. Is that agreeable?"

"A little competition? Buddy, you don't know what you're getting into...it's a deal!" Eric stuck out his hand and they shook on it vigorously. "Wait...this what you want, isn't it? I'm not going after girls that way anymore. You can't goad me into it," he started to walk away before turning back, "but I will get her."

Raoul chuckled, "My friend, I think you mistook me for something, no. I mean something else with that, I wish for you to court her the same time while I do." he said laighing, ignoring Eric's words. Jane on the other hand went near Raoul and quirked a brow. "You seem to be in a good mood." she said smirking, he shook his head, "Never mind that, let us just walk on." he said pulling her outside.

Eric sat and thought about how to appeal to Jane best. It was difficult, to say the least. Raoul was charming, talented, and had a positive history with her. All Eric had were his looks and his money, which he refused to rely on. Finally Jane came back inside and he decided to propose a date, "Jane, what do you think of the 70s?"

Jane shook her head, "I don't like it." she said pulling a face, "Besides, I'm going to prepare myself for the Kings and Queens' Ball, I'm going alone." she said shrugging.

"Well there goes that idea," said Eric. He had to admit he didn't have much of a creative side. "Why go alone to the ball?"

She rolled her eyes, "I will be Red Death, Prince Prospero however might appear, it is a a masquerade so I can go all out." she said smirking.

"Can't say I've ever been to a masquerade before..." Eric said uneasily. I'll bet Raoul goes to tons of masquerades...stupid Raoul he thinks.

Raoul walked past, humming a tune, Jane laughed, "No need to go there, besides, the masquerade is for lovers of art." she said as she hailed a cab.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dots
12-07-2017, 11:51 PM