Illegitimate Heir (closed)

"Get off of her!" Lucas shouted as small sparks of magic flashed at his fingertips.
"Papa?!"
"Stay inside, Calantha." The little girl nodded and closed her self into her father's room.

The sorceress shot a glare at Lucas, "And why should I?" she asked Calla shrugged, "Maybe because your other hand's touching my breast?" Friedrich tried not to laugh but failed, the sorceress growled, "Making jokes, despite you're choking? You are strong like Silette's soul has said." she muttered as she kneed Calla's stomach, she didn't cry out, she shrugged.

Lucas shot the sorceress off of Calla and got her away and towards the house.

The sorceress glared at the door before muttering something, Friedrich, guard the house, me and your grandfather will be going home." she ordered, he nodded and sat at the porch, wrapping his thin jacket close to his body.

Calla chuckled dryly to herself, "So...mind explaining why you saved me?" she asked as she unbraided her hair and let it fall, her grey eyes flashing curiously.

"I lost somebody to her a few years ago," Lucas said simply.
"Papa, is it safe?"
"Yes Callie." For now, at least. The little girl darted out of the room and hugged her father's legs. "Mind explaining why she was after you?"

Calla sighed, "My good sir, I am clueless as to why she is after me. All I know is that she said I was as strong as a Seelet has said." she said, peering outside, she frowned and tapped the window to which a small hand tapped back. "Sir, let me sleep outside."

"It gets cold at night," Lucas saw the little boy. He's only a few months younger than... He opened the door. "Would you like to come in? It gets rather cold at night."

Friedrich looked at Calla who picked him up, she smiled anf curled her fingers as a rose sprouted from her hand, "For you my good boy." she said as the boy took the rose from her, she smiled, "Sleight of hand helps making a child smile." she said as she placed Friedrich on a shoulder.

Lucas smiled slightly. "I have a spare room if you would like to use it."

Calla shook her head, "I will sleep on the couch." she said with a familiar smile. Friedrich was playing with the rose before kissing it, it began flying around the room like a faerie, Calla smiled, "Do you find yourself beguiled to the dangerous and wild?" she mumbled as she smiled.

"Not for many years," Lucas said simply. "I'm going to bed. Callie, come with me."
"Yes Papa." Lucas lay in his bed with Calantha beside him. He held her close and kissed her head.

Friedrich looked at Calla who was humming another song, she hugged Friedrich as she laid on the couch, "Devil take the hindmost. I'll be killed, unloved one day, I'll be hurt but Iwill smile...but let the demon's come." she said as she let the boy hug her.

Lucas barely slept, but he stayed in bed with his daughter. He thought, truly thought, of Silette for the first time in years.

Calla slept with Friedrich that night, her face was dappled by the moon's radiance as if to show her hidden beauty.

Lucas got out of bed early in the morning to start on breakfast; slices of ham, scrambled eggs and various roasted vegetables. Calantha woke up and looked at Friedrich as he slept.
"He has your nose Papa," she giggled.

Calla was awake already and was gone, making her way to the forest, humming a song.

Friedrich woke up in a panic, he looked for Calla but did not find her. He threw a bag of gold pieces and ran outside, hoping to catch her.

"Wait! Don't go!" Calantha called as she ran after Friedrich.
"Calantha!" Lucas turned off the stove and ran after the children.

Calla was already at the middle of the forest when she saw Friedrich run to her.
"Friedrich! What on earth are you doing here?" she asked, the boy clung to her as she stared at him in shock.

"Why did you run off?" Calantha asked. "Why didn't you stay for breakfast?"
Lucas huffed as he caught up with the children and Calla.

Friedroch shot a look at her and signed for Calantha to learn he is mute. Calla sighed, "I've a cab waiting guys....I have to go." she said as she struggled to get Friedrich's grasp to loosen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM