Illegitimate Heir (closed)

"What do you write?" Lucas asked as he walked over. He blinked as a royal carriage pulled up at the bottom of the hill.
"Uncle!" Calantha shrieked happily as she flung the gate open and ran down the hill. Henry scooped her up and carried up back to the cottage.
"Henry, it's been a while," Lucas said.
"I was on my way back to the palace from a trip and I figured I'd stop by."
"Did you bring presents?" Calantha more demanded than asked.
Henry chuckled. "You'll see." He put the girl down just to see her dart off back towards the carriage. He blinked as he saw Calla. "Lucas, since when did you have company besides me?"
"I have company," Lucas said defensively.

Calla did not exactly show any sign of recognition to the prince or even the smallest form of respect, she only turned to Lucas before cocking her head to the right, "So you are the Lucas [i]she]/i] was telling me to find." she mumbled.

"Papa! He brought a puppy!" Calantha shrieked happily.
"Henry, honestly." Lucas sighed as Henry chuckled.
"You need more company than just your daughter," Henry said. "Plus the dog will get you out more."
Lucas pinched his nose. "I'm going to make some tea." He went back to the house.
"You'd think he'd be better after five years..." Henry muttered to himself.

Calla remained silent before she stood up, brushing her skirt off and walking out, "Good Lord Miss, you just had to wish for hapiness!" she said as she cursed herself for her stupidity. Friedrich looked inside the house again with slight longing, he sat down on the porch and took out a windpipe, Calla heard it and smiled.

Look with your heart
And not with your eyes
A heart understands
A heart never lies...

She sang softly, her voice cracking slightly, reaching out for the boy, she then embraced him and sigjed. "My poor Gustave....my poor Lucian..." she muttered as she attempted to prevent tears.

Calantha ran down the road with her new puppy. "Friedrich! Do you want to play? My uncle brought me a puppy. Isn't he cute?"

Friedrich reached out to pet the puppy but stopped himself, he clenched his hands into fists and shook his head.

"You don't think he's cute?" Calantha pouted.

Friedrich shook his head again, trying to get Calantha to leave, he began backing away, a shroud of fear enveloping him.

Calantha pouted and slowly walked back to the house with her new pet.

Friedrich sighed in relief before sitting on the ground, he took a blade of grass and began chewing on it.

Calla saw everything unfold and approached the boy, "Hey Friedricj, do you want to go to town?" she asked before Friedrich excitedly took her hand and transported the both of them to the town square.

"You need to move on, Lucas," Henry said as he sipped the tea Lucas had brewed. "It isn't healthy to isolate your self like this."
"I...I just can't bring myself to do it, Henry." Lucas sighed. "Silette made me so happy and I thought she was...You were there...You saw what happened..." He wiped away tears. "I though I put it behind me...But there's this strange woman. She...She knew the song Silette would sing."
"Maybe it was a common song?"
Lucas shook his head. "No...Silette wrote it herself...She only sang it to me."
Henry put his cup down and took Lucas' hand. He didn't know what to say and just let his friend cry.

Calla and Friedrich roamed about, Friedrich showing the writer, snippets of his memory, while Calla talked, but when the bpy asked if she had a family, she looked at him and smiled. "No...not anymore." she said, walking with Friedrich only to discover that they have unconsciously come back to Lucas' home.

Calantha was in the front garden, playing with her puppy. "Friedrich! Do you want to play now?"
Henry looked over from his spot on the bench. Lucas had occupied himself with weeding and fertilizing the soil.

Friedrich ran away in a panic, leaving Calla and his pipe behind.

Calanta pouted. "Why does he keep running away?"
"Boys can be weird," Henry chuckled.
"But he looked scared...."

Calla picked his pipe up and looked at the direction the boy ran into, "I'm going to his mother." she said as she pulled her coat closer and tighter around her body.

"Wait!" Calantha went after Calla.
"Callie!" Henry got up and went after her, with Lucas not too far behind.

Calla stopped walking when she saw Calantha, she crouche to Calantha's heighr and said, "Little girl, stay with your parents. You cn't follow me around okay?" she said before she straightened her back and continued walking to the sorceress' home.

Calantha pouted as Lucas scooped her up in his arms and carried her back to the house.

Calla tried making her way to the house but as if by some enchantment, she got lost further into the woods themselves.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
11-15-2019, 01:27 AM