So Long I've Waited (First Come first Served)

"Then teach me how! I want to know how to appreciate it too," Eric said. "I want to know about the things you're passionate about. I just...need some help is all."

"You don't have to learn how to love the arts. You just do." she said as she sighed.

"Jane...please," Eric found himself almost pleading. "I'm trying here, I really am. Give me something, tell me anything. I can't get through to you on my own!"

She shook her head, "Eric, ask Raoul, he's got ideas on how to 'get through to me'." she said sighing.

"But..." Eric didn't want to believe this. Ask Raoul for help? He was trying to steal her heart from Raoul! And it didn't seem to be working. At the rate he was going she'd leave him behind in no time. There had to be something he could do, but he had no idea what!

"I've got to leave, my family needs me right now." she said as she hailed a cab and got in.

"Interestingly, you seem to be clueless of the Angel...of Christine...of Jane." Raoul's deep voice from behind said casually, he was playing with a mask as he grinned, "As promised, I shall be dressing as Fortunato for the masquerade." he said as he patted Eric's shoulder.
"I suggest singing with her or at least reading poetry to her by writers of old." he added as he got into a Ferrari.

"A Ferrari? Even I'm not that flashy," he mocked as Raoul started to close the door. "But wait, who does she like? I'm not going to waste time memorizing the wrong poems!"

Raoul grinned, "Try asking someone less flashy." he said before he shut the door.

"God dammit..." Eric felt helpless now. He didn't know how to get in touch with anyone else. There was a chance Jean would help him; but how to track him down?

Jane and her family was at home, watching a movie, Jean was whispering the events to their mother with full detail as his mother smiled in amusement.

Meanwhile, Eric sat alone at his apartment, wondering what had become of his life to be in his current position. He'd let himself get pregnant, and now he couldn't even hold down a girlfriend. He'd never failed in the love department before and here he was with two gigantic problems staring him in the face. He rubbed his stomach as he felt a small roll from within and sighed heavily.

Jane frowned, for many years she has managed to forget about Eric and yet here he is, trying to take her again...but for some reason, she is feeling something again...something strong...

It confused him, to say the least. Being challenged by some weird older dude who spoke in euphemisms and metaphors. For a girl who communicated partially in song. He couldn't even say why he liked her so much.

"What is this feeling so sudden and new? My face is flushing, my head is reeling...what is this feeling?" she mumbled as she stood up and excused herself from the living room, frustration.

"I have to find her soon. Before she gets back into theater...but where?" Eric paced back and forth in confusion, until he figured the only way was to find her at home. He quickly set himself to finding her address.

Jane sighed and sat down on the cold floor of the kitchen, leaning her head against the counter, "Why did he have to come? Why did he have to return?" she mumbled as she let a shuddering breath pass her lips.

Eric stood outside Jane's door with a hand raised to knock. He still felt uneasy, and knew he had a chance to turn back. But he took a chance. He knocked, rang the doorbell, and waited.

Jean excused himself and went to open the door, he looked surprised, "Dude, someone gotta quit stalking my sis." he teased as he leaned against the door frame.

"Very funny," Eric said as he laughed to humor him. "Is Jane around, though? I need to talk to her."

"Well Jane left in the middle of our watching Dead Silence, she said she'll be rethinking her life buried in the kitchen." Jean said with a shrug. "Kitchen as always, go figure."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dots
12-07-2017, 11:51 PM