O Running along together (Centaur Story)

Acknowledging the omega's distress, Gerard endured the hits, hugging warmly the sad taur. Sshh babe, I'm sorry, I was just kidding. I love you and our little stars. Will cook more for you if you want. He was calmed, watching how blonde hair circled his fingers. Feeling Lumin relax, he planted a kiss on his forehead, love stare fixed on his eyes.

You are beautiful. Eat as much as you want my prince. He wiped off the tears, releasing his characteristic alpha musk. When the passive finished, he asked:

Love, have you thought about where you want the birth to take place? I know your omega instincts will attract you to the forest, to make a nest, but I respect if you want it on the clinic instead. He kissed his lover, rejoiced at the touch of lips with virgin skin.

You would look beautiful under the trees, panting, letting me in on the sacred place where our foals will meet light. And don't make me think of you feeding them. The sight would make me the happiest centaur alive. He smiled, anticipating his reaction in case Lumin prefers to be alone for the delivery. It happens, the chemistry of carriers change on the last days, making them desperate for company, or hostile to it. No matter what, he promises the healer would never be alone.

W-well you weren't funny. Y-you k-know we wanted to eat that. But as infuriated the omega was to his alpha, he still let the dominant hug him in comfort and apology. He sniffled against the chest breaths that became ragged slowly returned to normal as he felt the calming aura, and smelled the familiar musk of his love.

You b-better cook more. He commanded but with less fury in his tone. As the alpha cooked, the pregnant taur did eat at his satistfaction, and as he did, the anger felt slowly vanished and was replaced with once again a happy and content omega. When he was finished, he leaned back against his mate and looked at him with grateful, loving eyes.

Thank you for the wonderful breakfast, love!

Then the topic of birthing was brought up, and Lumin became deep in thought.

I think... I think when the time comes, I'll be nesting in the forest. My instincts are telling me so. Everytime I go home from the clinic, I would always find myself passing through the small forest of the town. The scent of the trees has that claming effect on me, and I take that as the sign would be the birth place of our foals. The clinic is alright but I still want to stick to what my instincts are telling me. He accepted the kiss and shared the smile of his love.

I;m happy that you'll still find me beautiful despite how much of a panting and groaning mess I'll be when I labor and deliver. And of course I want you to be there, it will be a memorable moment for the both of us so you must be there. But can it be that it would just be you and me? I think I won't be comfortable with others around. Feeding the foals would be necessary G, and you only deserve to be happy when that time comes.

You won't be a mess!. You will be beautiful and to be honest, with four foals, awesome. A truly badass omega. He said keeping his smile, massaging with his knuckles behind Lumin's ears. Then a slight frown formed on the alpha's face.

Well, I understand you want privacy angel, but I won't be of much help during the delivery. It scares me not being capable of receiving our foals properly. What if we invite Mrs. Dashwood? She's a professional and after our lights are safe, she can go and it will only be the six of us. The number ignited again the pride of the stallion, already preparing himself to be a true dad.

That makes me think of the names love. Have you thought about that? Oh, and I hope your mother can see you with your gorgeous body like this before they come. They stayed curled under the warm sheets.

Lumin smiled at the comforting praise he received from his mate. He chuckled, enlightened. I'm glad you'd still see me that way, love. He shared the same frown with the alpha, feeling foolish to have forgotten that even if he is a practiced midwife, as the one giving birth himself, he can't possibly ensure a safe delivery with just him and his mate. He sighed. Though he would want to be alone with his alpha only, he knows they would need the help.

I'm sorry... I agree that Mrs. Dashwood's presence would be most assuring. She should definitely be there to aid us, the foals must be kept safe and healthy. And yes my alpha, there'll be six of us when all is over. his smile returned and joined in the father-to-be's excitement.

The omega perked up with the inquiry of names. I've thought about some, though I'm not still sure. What do you think of Loraine and  Gertrude for girls, and Louven and Gabriel for boys? Have you thought of any yet? Umm... I felt like we'll be having two of each so I decided with those, and I also like that if ever there'll be two sets, they'll have our initials. And I do hope so too. Mom would probably not forgive herself if she misses this. He gave more of his weight on the body behind him, frowning at the memory of is mother. Oh how he misses her.

Just then he remembered about the clinic and their supposed medical mission to the nearby town.
Gerard, I'll be late for duty! I might return late, but still it depends on how much strict Mrs. Dashwood will be on me on today's medical mission. Hopefully she won't find any reason to send me off early. Quickly the healer scrambled out of their bed and ran about getting ready, though not so quick and aggressive that it would distress the young lives resting in him. When he was ready, he returned to look at his mate with a sweet expression.

Mind dropping me off, love?

(Is it okay if Lumin's mother appear around 4 months so there can be much dotting and worry for the mother?  Blush )

(Sure, as you like Shiro ;) , sorry for the delay)

I love the idea of the initials L, the names are just perfect. He kissed the prince, muffling a chuckle. Well, almost perfect love. Gertrude? Eh, what about Gia if one of them is a girl? He blushed, not wanting to dismiss the sweet future expressed in the words of the omega. I will give your mom a long hug, after I kneel, showing my eternal gratitute for bringing such a strong angel to this world. The angel that is now full of life. They kissed deeply, foreheads touching as hot air was exchanged.

When the taur paced around, Gerard just felt his soul sang in happiness. In certain ways his mate was so predictable. When something looked uncertain or troublesome, the healer's tail twitched slighly, one eyebrow descending to match burning lavender eyes. Mix that with a "proudly big" belly, and you have the perfect centaur.

Sure my angel. Just let me pack some apples with honey for you. I don't want the patients hearing at your starving body. He stood up, covering Lumin in more musk and touch. Because that would mean unworthy eyes on my sunshine. He whispered with need, lust scratching surface. Totally normal considering the pheromones released by omegas in various stages of pregnancy.

---------------------------------------

The alpha left his mate at the clinic, sure he would be ok this time by himself. He was strong, not signs of weakness on his image. Therefore, the stallion arrived to the farmlands, enjoying how after some time, his muscles were put to work again, skin bathing in midday sun while harvesting. He also burnt some testosterone wrestling with Rackli and his father. A deep rumble on his chest, facing the other two. Only balanced in their back legs, the domiants gave shows of power, ending in an obvious friendly fight.

-Thanks dad. Lumin has me on the clouds with that sweet fragance everyday. Gods I love him.-
-Got you there son. Whenever your mother was carrying, I had to face your uncles every weekend.-
-But it hurts dammit- Rackli frowned, almost like a colt, hands placed on sore spots on his horseback.

They laughed and ate properly. Hours later, Gerard was heading back to town. Hope he had a good day. He thinks.

(it's alright!  :) )

I'm happy you like them, love He hummed in the kiss and stared back in thought as he heard the suggestion of his mate. Hmm... Gia... Well it does sound better and prettier than Gertrude. I love it. Gia it will be if one is a girl. He chuckled at the cuteness of the blushing alpha. Mom would surely appreciate that. Oh I can already see how much he will fawn over you so.  lovingly he received the kiss and returned it as passionate.

Though it did bother the omega that he was getting slow, it gave him much encouragement that he was just being careful for their foals. After a time, he was finished preparing himself, his trusty sling bag on him. It was really a sight to see, with the round belly and all.

I won't  like that either. Thank you for troubling yourself with our food, dear, and making sure that we won't go hungry. The passive thanked his dominant for the apples and honey, placing them in his bag, before kissing the centaur with much love again. We'll be fine dear. I'll try to distance myself from other alpha taurs to be sure.

--------------------------------------------
He was dropped off at the clinic, and he chuckled amused, at how his mate encouraged him that he will be alright. Mrs. Dashwood chimed in and that got him more confident. However on the site, he might have become too overconfident.

The weather was hot, and there were more patients than expected. It didn't help that they conducted the mission outside with how the clinic might get crowded. The head and his other fellow healers were already dong their best, but still it was evident that his help is needed. And so he did help, and was allowed by the old mare to participate in the bustle with only the condition that he should tell if he begins to get fatigued.

5, 10, and by an hour past noon, Lumin had already dealt with 20. And by then he must admit that he was beginning to feel lightheaded and disoriented. He tried eating apples, hoping it would help replenish his energy but it was no use. He feels full but still the weak-feeling didn't go away.

This won't do. He whispered in a nervous tone. The pregnant omega staggered in his steps as he made his way to finding the head healer. However no where near the centaur he was looking for, black spots began invading his vision until all became black. Fortunately he was caught by a fellow omega healer.

Mrs. Dashwood! she yelled and the mare called hurriedly appeared. 
What happened? Why is Lumin in your arms, lass?
He... he fainted ma'am. He was looking pale and clammy a while ago but I thought ....
Enough. Let's bring him in the clinic now. The heat isn't doing him good and also I want to check on his condition.

The head healer sighed in relief hearing the healthy heartbeats of her student and his foals. You gave me quite a scare boy. She then looked at the belly that had already grown big and rubbed it gently. Your mother won't like it if I had him on leave already, right. And she became in thought. 

Now how should I explain this to his alpha?

Gerard arrived to the clinic, bag with sweet pears on hand. He looked for Lumin in the section he was usually assigned to, but the centaur was nowhere to be seen. With worried sweat forming on his forehead, the alpha looked for his omega, asking different nurses until one of them led him to a resting room. The knot on his throat disappeared as eyes fell on a beautiful white and gold taur, holding his lower abdomen while sleeping. Mrs. Dashwood was sit next to him.

- He's ok Mr. O'Keefe - The head healer used his surname, ashamed enough to not refer to the alpha by his name.
- Ma'am what happened? -
- Seems your mate overwoked. I tried to set limits and recomendations for him, but he loves his profession too much -
- That's my L, always proving himself helpful -

Gerard laid down beside him, caressing his coat. Gods, how can he be so beautiful?

If he's ok you can leave us ma'am. I'm sure not matter your limits, this precious taur will always try to break them. He ended with a fond smile and lips connecting with a orchid-scented neck. We wil be fine. I'm sure you have lots of work out there.

The elder bowed with a smile and took her leave.

It had been a while the omega remained unconscious. By then it was about 5 noon, the medical mission having finished about an hour ago. The room they were in was getting dark, overcast by shadows of the setting sun. Lumin roused and slowly lavender eyes opened. He squinted at first, confused as why he was in the resting room. He pushed himself up on a sitting position but winced at a pain on his back. I must have been here for a while. What happened? He wondered. He surely didn't remember what happened. 

He squinted his eyes further, before noticing that there was a head laying on his bed. The omega recognized the head to be of his alpha. The color and the scent he long memorized and became familiar with.

Gerard? Love? He tried waking the man gently. Whatever happened, it tired him enough and made him want to return home, resting on their bed in his mate's loving arms.

Gerard opened his eyes, waking to the unique scent of pregnant taur. Spearmint and fresh apple pie interlaced with an unknown fragance, good enough to be the perfume of a goodness. Hi there love, how are you feeling?

He kissed Lumin's head, tracing his hands over neck, back, coat and tail. Don't take me wrong son of the moon, but you have to stop being a workaholic if fainting is not on your plans. He chuckled, giving gentle squeezes to make clear he wasn't complaining at all. He was just worried for his mate.

Let's go home

--------------------------------------------------

The white satelite is casting its light through the window, aimed to a centauri couple kissing fervently. After nausea, another nap, and more eating, the alpha was holding the omega tightly, exploring with his tongue the innocence of passive lips. The young one is having a heat episode thanks to the hormones, making this the perfect opportunity to relax his birth canal, as Mrs. Dashwood suggested. Gerard turned Lumin around, almost aggressively, biting gently his coat, massaging his good sized buttocks.

You are so beautiful Lumin, you are my angel. Are you going to be a good omega tonight?

Regardless of the answer, he kisses and bites L's back legs, approaching his heavy-scented rear. The aroma is strong, but without stopping being sweet and pure. His tongue darts in the dark, soft place we all know, enjoying the stream of slick coming.

Want me to stop babe? You know I ain't mounting you. Just relaxing your muscles a bit. He smiled, hiding the stallion that wanted to slam his lenght on the velvety insides of his carrying mate. He was better than that.

Moans and panting come from both as the night continues.

Lumin smiled at the consciousness of his mate. I'm doing fine now, dear. Thank you for worrying. He awkwardly chuckled, guilt running through him with the reminder that he fainted. In a futile attempt for an apology, he gave the alpha a soft kiss.

It won't happen again, I promise. But.. let me continue work? smiling as he ended with his love making known that he's forgiven through the array of kisses his body had been given. He then nodded at the invitation of returning home, happy with the idea.

----------------------------------------------

As fatigued the pregnant centaur was, his body demanded many things: relief from nausea, rest, and food. And as much as he was embarrassed about it, he wanted to be... physically intimate with my partner. The omega blushed at the thought. But the heat wasn't helping much, so try to suppress it he can't. Fortunately, Gerard lovingly complied with catering his needs.

The white taur laid panting on the bed, flipped over and ready to be enteredthe darker mate. He was flushed and needy, his hole already lubricating himself with how much slick he was producing. 

Y-Yes, my alpha. He bit out.

The omega was even more sensitive with his hormones. He moaned with every kiss that cool his hot body. The alpha proceeded with his rear, and it made the younger be in bliss. Gerard had him relaxed with his own scent spreading, but still the anticipation of his sun in him made him tense. He wanted this, he reminded himself.

N-no... C-continue....j-just b-be gentle... And so they continued, and the omega did feel love and satisfaction that night.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Morning dawned again, Lumin still slept deeply by the side his alpha.

Gerard woke up, lost in a sex fragance. He was holding his mate proudly, lenght erect with slick covering it, as if standing victorious. After finally opening his eyes properly, the stallion brought his angel to real world with soft pecks.

Wake up lazy taur. You have a shift on the clinic. He offered a smile when Lumin put puppy eyes between slumber. Come on, don't make that face L. We have to reorder your schedule with Mrs. Dashwood too. At the omega's sleepy grunting, the alpha pointedly changed his calming aroma for heated musk, enlightning Lumin's senses.

Before the scolding could take place, he ran to the kitchen with a devilish grin, preparing breakfast for his lover. Fruit salad covered in light yogurt along white bread and tea. During this his manhood hung low with him not even noticing.

---------------------------------------------
The walk to the already familiar white structure was relaxing, mates holding each other through their tails. However, some mud from the past comes back to mess with the couple's joy. After a quick chat with the head healer, G made sure to stay some time with his mate. He wasn't expecting a familiar scent though. Fresh grapes and rain. In the room assigned for Lumin's first patient, was a female centaur standing, eyes illuminating when she saw the farmer.

-Gerard, is that you? yes, oh you silly hunter, I missed you- She ran to him, exposing her privates and back to the male omega while embracing the alpha.
-Savannah, long time no see- He smiled back, happy to meet with an old friend. A friend that tried to call his attention many times. Despite that, he seems to forget past events in the heat of the moment.
-I'm just here for a quick check up on my coat. Oh doc, forgive my manners, good morning- She extends her hand to Lumin.

As the check-up continues, stallion and mare catch up. She explains how her work got better after leaving the herd. He talks about the farm. One of them ignores the healer, lost in fantasies. The other just does so because he's happy at an old friend back in the region. But, is this situation enough to forget the carrying taur? No. As the check up ends, Gerard properly presents Lumin to the mare, hugging him tightly and singing in his chest when talking about their foals.

Savannah's smile fades a bit. She express her gratitude to the healer with a stern look. Gerard earns a long hug and a kiss on the cheek, not before she proposes something.

I'm sure you know there will be a fire dance on the farm this weekend. Hope you two can go!. She giggles referring to Lumin as doctor. Gerard still is the big humble guy for her.

Well, it was nice to see her. I think is a good idea. Wanna go this weekend? He asks with a dumb smile

Muffled grumblings were heard from the sleeping taur. And here he thought he could just sleep in, he was pregnant and in need of sleep, can't his mate be a bit more sympathetic? But he sighed knowing that the other was right. He loves his job too much and he is responsible for his shifts. Grudgingly he started to slowly sit  and rise from the bed, making sure to shoot an annoyed look at the alpha. He was disappointed his tricks didn't work this time. He felt enlightened by the musk, yes, but still...

You owe me some cuddling tonight. He cutely grumbled before the alpha had the chance to escape to their kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------

Lumin's morning had been healed by the loving gestures of his mate as they walk to the clinic. But events didn't let it continue to be happy.

He was busy talking and negotiating with Mrs. Dashwood about his schedule, him not wanting to change anything further, when suddenly a mare emerged. He was alright with having female patients, what he was not okay with is a female patient flirting with his alpha. He felt his heart break a little with the scene. It seems that Gerard was okay with whatever the mare was doing with him, not at all guilty about having his pregnant omega watching them.

No! Gerard is not like that. He would never betray me for any omega. But still, he feels hurt. It didn't help that he was beginning to be insecure. The female was a beauty, no doubt men find themselves easily attracted to her, mated alphas not an exemption. He made a quick observation of himself. He was round, big, and probably ugly. He sighed. He always remind you that you are beautiful. Stop thinking thoughts like that! He scolded to himself.

He was snapped out of it when the attention of the 'two friends' was drawn to him. He quickly faked a smile and politely greeted the mare that was called Savannah.

G-good morning! He bit his lip. Oh why did he stutter. He was the mate for goodness sake.
--------------------------------------------------------

Lumin wasn't sure whether he was still doing the right procedures or not. All he could focus on was the chat of his alpha and the flirtatious female. He didn't mean to snoop, but with how lovely and intimate their words were getting, he couldn't help be bothered. There were times when they would hear them laughing well and that would almost make him cry in heartbreak and jealousy. But he was skilled in masking grief.

The omega was grateful, though that at least Gerard didn't forget that he was his bonded and properly introduced him to the wanna be. He tried to smile as natural as his downed spirit could muster. The frown he received got him chills. He feels bad aura with this friend. That is why when asked about going to a fire dance event, he wanted to shout a firm 'no'. But to see his mate look so thrilled about going, he just decided that he would just endure and hope that the woman didn't have any dirtiness on her.

S-sure, G. O-of course I'll come, for you. though his voice was weaker and was almost whispering, lacing with sadness. Gerard didn't seem to notice, probably still in daze and euphoria that he found a 'friend'. He sat himself on the coach of the room. It was almost lunch, but he bet his mate failed to notice that also.

That day the alpha made his omega company during lunch, and so happened the following shifts. He stood there amazed at Lumin's work. However, he doesn't fail to notice the regression to shy expressions and nervous talking his mate adopts. Every morning he wakes him up with smiles, kisses and a breakfast for three. Is he doing something wrong? After talking with his parents he assumes is just due to the pregnancy. Hormones playing with the prince's thought.

As saturday arrives, Gerard can't avoid to slash his tail in joy, walking with Lumin to the farm on a warm night. Oblivious to the healer's concerns, the stallion is happy to show how good the carrying is going, how big and healthy the foals are thanks to the love of his white-coated daddy.

They are going to jump over your belly but don't worry. I'll be there. G whispers, earning only a weak chuckle from lavender eyes. It has to be the pregnancy. He hasn't made the connection yet. Gods, that's troublesome considering how the alpha along his friends jump over Savannah, happy to have her back. In his state of foolishness, he, Rackli and even Deliah circled the young omega mare, who shot back with giggles and small pecks. Otto and Scarlet (G's alpha mare friend), gave Lumin some conversation, both frowning at the unnecessary attention casted upon the female.

Don't worry son. We all missed her, that's all.

Yes L, Gerard is crazy for you. Finishes Scarlet.

It doesn't help that after a few hours where everything seemed to got better, with dominant and passive dancing in love, the mare drags the alpha to a hidden corner.

-I missed you so much G, sure your mate had a lot of fun getting those foals. Blessings for you both.-
-Oh no S, no this again. Please tell me I wasn't stupid enough to fall in your tricks again.-
-Tricks, what tricks?.-

Before he can even answer, she raises her tail, revealing an uncoming heat that plays with the stallion's nostrils. He feels something break inside him, and then the world stops. Lumin watching with watery eyes as the mare caresses his entry against chesnut fur. Rackli with guilt on his eyes, Scarlet burning in fury and Otto just filled with sadness.

Lumin, wait....

His erection makes all worse, while Savannah just runs away, smirk turned into a pale face.

I failed him.....

Even with the company, with what he have witnessed between his alpha and the mare friend, Lumin can't bring himself to act normal around his mate. Lunch and meals came and go, and though he was still pampered impressively by his bonded, still he can't seem to be impressed, not with his insecurities empowering and dominating his mind.

What if he's doing this just because I'm carrying his foals? Besides, before then, I was nothing more than an ordinary healer that met him by chance incident. What makes me worthy of someone like him? Savannah is definitely a better choice. Thoughts like these became frequent. What did these thoughts did to the omega? Lumin shied himself from the alpha, always focusing more on not displeasing the centaur than to simply see the love of his mate for him. He became blinded by insecurities, and he himself was in denial of this.

-----------------------------------------------------

It was Saturday, and since the day started, the passive have been on edge. In nervousness, his hands would sometimes wander to rub on his bump. With how big he had been getting at three months, the belly have began expanding side wards also. When asked by Gerard, he would always assure the other that he is alright, even if he's not. He was getting tired and the anxiety wasn't helping. He would laugh with his mate, but under those weak laughs were breaths that were starting to get heavy. But did the alpha noticed? No.

When they arrived, did it come to Gerard that his pregnant mate must be tired from the lengthy travel? No, and it can't be denied with how hurriedly his alpha hugged the questionable mare, not even sparing him concern. It seemed his mother-in-law and friend were also more happy to see Savannah, and suddenly he missed the gushing of the two. Grateful to still have his father-in-law and Scarlet by his side, he made effort to make himself comfortable to whatever they were talking about, though lavender eyes can be seen often sadly wandering to the direction of his mate.

I .. I hope that's really the case. But with how they are getting close, I d-don't know what to make of it anymore... He bit back sobs that threatened to escape. He mustn't show weakness, not in front of his father and friend. This is personal. They don't need to be involved.

Lumin, in his sadness, managed to find happiness at least for that time were his mate had remembered him for a dance by the fire. But Savannah must really get on his nerves by pulling Gerard away from him. He knows he shouldn't follow, but there was a pull in him that told him to still follow because it was the female with his alpha.

And he must admit that he regretted following them, for what he saw was something that really broke his heart. This time he didn't made any effort holding back the tears. They came streaming down without much awareness. He watched as the centaur that promised him his love and loyalty shamelessly welcomed the advances of the tempting mare. He cupped his mouth trying to hold back sobs. He expected much from Savannah, but to Gerard, till the end he remained faithful that his love won't do such foolishness like this. The female made move for his alpha's rear, and he knew he couldn't watch anymore. He turned and ran, not minding if he caused a distraction to the merry relatives. Nothing matters anymore, not even the yells of his love. Was it still his love?

He ran and ran until he found himself lost in the forest. A dark cave was where he did, only his silent sobs and peaceful sounds from insects resounding. The omega laid there in exhaustion, the run getting to him plus the additional stress. Then suddenly in his grief he felt something inside his womb. He gasped and did a double take, before smiling and crying even further. The foals had their first kick, too bad Gerard wouldn't feel it. He plans on not going back.

My stars, at least I have your loyalty, right? As long as I have you, my moon will continue to shine... Even without the sun.

The alpha was stopped by his friends, listening to reclamations and betrayal shots. He didn't have ears for that though, not in this moment, not when he's angel is getting lost in the dark forest, only protected by the night sky that saw him born. He damned the mare silently, soul boiling in agony while the stench of stressed taur punishes his nose. Gerard finds himself running, not before pleading between broken howls for the help of his family. They could feel the healer further too.

In no time they are splitting in three groups, postponing the scolding for later. Fighting to keep her dominance under control, Scarlet runs along Chester, who shrugs at her deep growls, heading east. Deliah takes Rackli and Rosa, his mate, heading west. Gerard follows his father up north, where the scent of distressed omega is slightly stronger.

Lumin had to run like thunder to cover his tracks like this in matter of minutes. The idea just slashs G on the brain over and over again.

He's probably injured, crying for warmth in this cold. Your foals are not going to make it. The voice of guilt loops on the back of his head, accompanied of tears and fisted hands. Otto tries to give him a reasurring look. After all, his son loves Lumin so much that the idea of betrayal is calling insanity. However, with the possible endings to come for this night, bitterness builds on the head alpha's heart.

---------------------------------------

Hours passed, preparing a welcome for dawn. Back at the farm, most of the herd is unaware of what happened. His family is getting tired, but like him, the worry on their eyes finds determination. Father and son finally catch a trail of sweet aroma, leading them to a cave near a stream. It wasn't far at all, just in a spot of difficult access. Gerard enters, ready to see the worst (not ready really, all the opposite of that if he's honest). He finds a beautiful prince, that fell asleep from crying. Cheeks covered in salty moisture, tail hidden. The image is too much.

Leaning down on his four legs, heart full speed, he cries. Gods he cries. Cries from sadness, seeing the innocence of the young one pushed away by a stupid mistake. Cries from anger, being to soft with a woman that clearly couldn't let go the past. Cries from hapiness when by accident, he feels against his hand the kick on one of their stars. Is weak, but beautiful, just beautiful. Otto stands by the entry, muffling a whine.

My angel, my sweet Lumin, please. Wake up, wake up for me yes? Open those eyes.

When the omega starts to wake up, his alpha covers the white fur coat with a blanket. Thanks to his father for that.

Lumin, please. I'm sorry, I'm... I'm not....... He can't continue, voice too broken. He's ready for what's coming. The one he promised eternal love wouldn't be his anymore. He sure lost the first kicking and the ones to come, but he has to try.

Talk to me, please? Oh gods I can't live without you my sunshine. Are you hurt?

The night was getting cold, but the omega cared little, only making effort of warming his womb. In his sadness, he didn't know that he had cried himself to sleep. But even aware, Lumin hopes that all he saw was nothing but a horrible dream he would soon wake up from. 

White fur shivered, and breaths were shaky from the cold, but the taur remained peacefully asleep. Thank all gods that he didn't had any misfortunes from sleeping on the ground. He was peaceful when suddenly a loud sobbing noise woke him. Weakly, sleep eyes opened. His vision adjusted to view a dark haired centaur. It was Gerard. Not knowing if he had been still dreaming or not, he moved to reach a hand that cupped the face of the alpha softly. The pale hands were cold, the mate could have tell. 

Seeing that it was for real, tears began flowing again. Even more when he saw his husband worriedly checking him over, like the alpha he knew would do. Maybe it was his mistake after all. Maybe he should have put trust more on Gerard. He sobbed I'm sorry... 

He was reminded of the foals when Gerard asked about his well-being. He scanned the belly through his hands, and was relieved to feel the kicks of the little ones. But then a pain tightened on his stomach. The omega winced and gripped the womb, curling to himself. Something's not right.

With weak panicked eyes, he looked to his mate.
G-Gerard....the b-babies... Mrs. D-Dash...wood! Mmmhhh...!

Sorry? For what? For being a perfect prince even when I broke your heart? No, don't say that my angel, please. He coulnd't finish the phrase. Tears and voice were replace by a gasp full of fear, hands feeling contractions on the distended skin.

The babies? Are they .... coming? Gods. Dad, come here quick!!

In matter of seconds, the two alphas helped the omega standing up, giving him balance at both sides so he could rest on their shoulders. Love, I need you to be brave. I think our babies are coming, my sweet angel. Just try to keep your breath even until we get to a safe place.

The omega nodded weakly and Gerard couldn't avoid but feel all the weight of guilt over him. His mate ran away witnessing a stupid behaviour, and now he was paying it with the pain of his beloved and the risk of losing their children. Otto seemed to notice this, so a calming rumble exited from his chest. The voiceless promise understood. Couple of minutes into the forest made them traceable for the rest of the taurs. Scarlet and Chester were the first to arrive. Before assistance was given, Gerard just grunted.

Clinic, bring Mrs. Dashwood, now!!. The voice came in full alpha tone. Not loud, not rampant. It was deep, entangled in angst and sincere affecction. My angel can't die. Not today. He stabs into his brain.
His friends ran without asking further, just blurting "please be okay" to the healer before their hoofs opened path.

Half mile into the trail, the trio found shelter under a magnificent sequoia. Yellow and green leafs drifted on a whispering wind, sun sneaking its rays through logs and shadows. The best and the worst? The breath-taking, heavenly white and gold body, full with playful foals, conflicting a face covered in dry tears. It wasn't fair. This was meant to be special. He ruined it, the big stallion that couldn't avoid smiling too much to everyone. Maybe I can fix this? I have to try.

While desperate running of fellow centaurs could be heard closer and closer, the alpha just lay on the ground with his omega in arms, pulling hair out of sweat's way. I made a mistake. I don't have anything with Sav..... that mare. Never did. I just have eyes for you my lovely moon. It doesn't change the fact that I ingored you, lost your smiles and their kicks, carried away with an old friend.

Now he is hoarse. I won't let you down like that again my angel. I'm with you. Just yours. If you let me, I want to raise our little ones, hava a family with you at my side.

Lumin's temperature and heart rate go up, causing more soothing from Gerard.

That's your decision, but even if you don't trust me anymore, just promise me ...... He breaks.

Promise me you are not leaving me. You can go away after this, take them if you want *muffled cries* but don't leave this world. Be strong, for them, for you. Don't let me alone.....

Face hides on a sweet-scented scalp, tails laced together, bodies tensed against each other as an elder healer appears on the distance.

Tearful lavender eyes widened in fear. No he couldn't birth the foals now. It would be too early; for goodness sake he still got two months left! The omega was guided up on his shaky legs, letting out another pained gasp with the change of position. And even though he was in too much pain, he became in denial.

I-It's still... early! They can't come yet! Ahnn.. but he knew he had to seek the safety of the foals first, so he sobbed letting the alphas guide him to assistance, hoping that none of their stars be stolen by the heavens so soon.

Everything was slowly becoming blurry. He could feel blood drain from him, energy seeping out. He was barely conscious when Gerard had settled him under a beautiful tree. If I were to die, at least it would be under this beautiful tree. He mused absentmindedly. The omega teared up further with the thought. I'm supposed to have a happy family with my love. All was going well when... He couldn't continue, too pained with the memory and the future that was supposed to be his and Gerard's, before disloyalty and death came knocking on him.

The omega was getting dangerously pale, and the white pregnant form never did stop shaking. Sense of hearing became muffled. He cannot see or hear well anymore and he was getting numb. But what he can still make off is the figure that he supposes to be his husband. Lumin only did understand that Gerard was with him, and even without knowing what the centaur was doing or telling him, he felt content. Life was being pulled out from his body, he could feel. With what energy he got left he stroked his aching stomach, I'm sorry for not being a good daddy, my stars. I'll look forward to join you again at the skies. Maybe someday, we could shine together., then reached for Gerard's cheek again, but this time with more sorrow from the dying mate. Ge-rard...thank you... for everything... Weak purple orbs then shut, and the white body became limp.

On that moment Mrs. Dashwood came hurriedly to the couple, with her was a group of stallion healers that brought with them a wooden cart big enough for the critical fellow healer. The old healer did some preventive measures, aiming to lessen the possibility of miscarriage and death of the pregnant omega.

After that, the party was sent to the clinic where all concerned healers didn't waste anytime reviving all that malfunctioned, and saving the important lives. In the  frantic actions, Gerard and the rest of the herd were shut out, not even sparing the alpha a glance with how focused they became on saving the carrying taur and foals.

Hours passed, and it was almost sunset when the family was allowed to go in. They could only view the healer though through a small window, not being allowed to cause disturbance of the now patient's rest.

While the members were busy checking Lumin, Mrs. Dashwood excused Gerard and sent him to her office. Her wrinkly face was serious, and very concerned.
As the alpha, and father, I want to inform you that all babies are now safe, and so is Lumin. But what happened is no joking matter. He almost lost two of the foals and on top of that his very own life. The found cause was too much stress and physical exertion. Now this is what I want to talk to you about. Lad, Lumin had been under my care for years, and though I know he could be too daring, still he won't ever risk anything so big. He's a bright child and stress is very foreign to him. He also doesn't go beyond his physical capabilities. So that got me wandering.... why? Can you tell me the answers, Gerard. The voice was like a mother scolding a child, reprimanding but worrisome.

The alpha couldn't avoid the new air coming to his lungs, seeing his mate rest safe with their foals. When the interrogation began, that other feeling, the crushing guilt, took its place back. In some ways he sees Mrs. Dashwood as Lumin's second mother, or at least an aunt. Stern but always caring, even giving advices to the chesnut stallion.

Ma'am, I'm going to explain everything. I understand if you get mad at me but just listen until the end.

He pleads with a hoarse voice, earning a raised eyebrow from the elder. Her facial expression was forgiving though.

Recently, a mare that I thought was a good friend came to the region. I admit the joy I felt was huge, without seeing her since we were graduated colts. However, in my stupid, stupid celebration, I...... *sigh*

The head healer, now with the sad tone of the stallion, notices. She notices the bloodshot eyes, arms covered in cuts caused in the woods and on top of all that: The smell of burnt wood and relaxed alpha changed for rotten fruit and misery. He wasn't dirty, not after the shower his mother made him take at Lumin's place after five hours of waiting. He smells like broken alpha.

I left Lumin aside. He continues. I didn't treat him bad. Everyday I asked him how he felt, what would he like, how were the fools. But it's no secret I acted like a dumb child with Savannah. That..... witch. He refures to use filthy language with the character across the desk.

Last night, she tricked me. I don't fully blame her. I was dumb enough to follow her, just to set me a trap with her heat, as Lumin found us. His face, he was so.... sad. Not just sad, I knew that look. He saw a monster, I'm sure. A single drop falls from his eyes, not matching the great problems he's having to control his voice.

We all ran after him. I understand why he panicked. He just ran and hid. It took us hours to find him shivering in a cave. My little angel. Now he cries, slumping shoulders. The wise mare just stands up and hugs him. After a while, and a short conversation, they walk to the young healer's room.

-Ok lad. As I told you, all this was just a huge misunderstanding. Now, you have my permission to go in there, but don't wake him up. Just lay at his side and make him know you are with him. Just you, got it?-

-Yes ma'am!. Thank you, for all this. Its obvious why my angel admires you so much.-

She chuckles and waves her goodbyes to the family. Otto and Deliah are standing at the door, nodding at their son and seconds later hugging him. He enters, quietly taking place behind the marvel he fell in love with. Caressing blonde hair, Gerard whispers love words to his ear, gently touching the pregnant belly.

My stars. Your moon will never be alone again. The sun is so sorry. I was supposed to protect you, but I'm here now. We will cover the sky together. You are safe, my family, my lights.

He was unconscious; he was aware of that, and probably thought that he was dead. I've failed them. He guilt himself, silently mourning for the loss of lives, and lives left behind. But then he felt his hair being brushed, and stomach rubbed. And there was a voice, it was muffled but it was there. The omega was confused. Am I...not dead afterall? He tried to open his eyes, expecting to fail but then light emerged, and soon his vision adjusted to see the very familiar clinic room.

I'm not dead...but I really should stop waking up like this. He whispered to himself until his eyes fully snapped open with remembering what happened. The foals! was his internal scream. Hands shot up to place on his stomach. Lumin cried in happiness that there was still the roundness, and yes the kicks were there. Though as he glided his hands further, his hands collided with another. His eyes traveled upwards, until meeting shocked green ones. It was Gerard! His mate, his alpha was with him! He cried even more, quickly hugging the centaur tightly at his neck, wetting the stallion of his tears. He thought that the he had been really bewitched by the mare. Thank gods that wasn't the matter.

Gerard...please stay....please don't leave me or the foals. I-I promise... to be faithful til the end of time, but I'm sure I won't live long without you by my side, without you being my alpha. Please, I'll be better... just please don't leave... The omega plead and plead with much distress and longing in his voice. He was trembling in how hard he cried. The pleading continued until the pregnant taur felt tired enough to calm down. He hicupped against his lover's hold.

I love you, Gerard... just tell me what should I do... I'll do anything... just s-stay, please.

Mrs. Dashwood just stood outside watching by the window. In her hands were documents for the healer's leave. but seeing how broken her student had become, she can't put herself to cause anymore pain. So with a defeated sigh, she left, hoping that the alpha can fix the mistake he had made. She had faith in him.

gods may you please help the lad to regain his beloved's comfort and trust. please watch over the two and the foals they would bring.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DragonKnight
08-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Last Post by ProngsShadow
07-05-2016, 12:41 AM
Last Post by 018Luxio
04-04-2016, 03:19 AM