C My dearest friend (w/ Littleittyboy)

The doctortried to skirt around the king's question. "Your highness, I'm not sure yet. We have a possible diagnosis, but, I suspect that the royal son would like to keep it private," he said, worry creasing his brows. "N-nothing life threatening, I assure you."

The king frowned deeply “I demand you tell me what you think it may be” he said sternly going up to the doctors side looking down at his son. Elliot couldn’t look at the king, the panic settling in his chest, he could feel his heart beating rapidly but tried to seem nonchalant.

The doctor sweated nervously. "W-well, your Highness, I have reason to believe that he is in the early stages of pregnancy," he finally admitted. He carefully placed himself placatingly between the king and his son.

The kings face turned red in anger “Well get rid of the thing then! We can’t afford to have this happen now, he is to wed the princess!” He said angrily to the doctor before turning to Elliot “You irresponsible child! I will find whoever it was you were with and destroy them!” He said, Elliot couldn’t think of Alex being hurt without getting enraged “I won’t let you!” He screamed at him

"Please, your highnesses. Try to relax. All this shouting isn't good for either of you. Sire, your blood pressure. Mind your blood pressure." The doctor held up his hands placatingly. "What's done is done. What matters is what we do from here." He addressed Elliot, "I do think it would be wise to disclose this to the princess, but that is entirely up to you." He was facing Elliot now, back to the king. "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." He winked, trying to subtly reassure him.

The king glared at the prince before turning to the doctor “Get rid of it. He is not to tell the princess he was ever with child” he said angrily “I want that thing gotten rid of now!” He said before storming out of the room. Elliot felt his heart twist and sobbed softly putting his head in his hands, all he wanted at this moment was to be in Alex’s arms for comfort.

The doctor offered a reassuring squeeze to Elliot's shoulder. "Your father is my employer, but you are my patient. And as a doctor, my responsibility is to you. I swore to do no harm. And if you want to keep the baby, I would be in direct violation of my oath." He started to rummage around in the cabinets. The sounds of a mortar and pestle could be heard grinding away at some herbs. After a few minutes, he presented Elliot with a sachet. "This is just a ginger root tea to help settle your stomach. But, as your father will be none the wiser, you can tell him it is a natural abortion agent if he asks."

Elliot looked at it sniffling a little and nodded “Thank you” he said gently and sipped at the tea sighing in relief at the immediate effects, his stomach calming “So much better” he smiled warmly “Why would you help me and go against the king? And how do we find out for sure I am with child?” He asked biting his lip a little.

"As I said, my loyalty is to my patients, the people. Not to the crown. And you are my patient," the doctor said. He gave Elliot a reassuring smile. "To know for sure, there is a simple, but crude test." He handed Elliot another satchet. "urinate on these, and after about an hour, if you are pregnant, the grains will change to a deeper colour. If that's the case, let me know, and we can talk about your care going forward."

((This is loosely based on ancient Egyptian pregnancy tests. They found out that a pregnant person's urine would cause grain to sprout, so they used that as one of the earliest forms of pregnancy test))

Elliot smiled warmly at him “Thank you” he said softly and took the plant blushing gently before going to his chamber room and urinating on the grains before laying them on the ground biting his lip. He went back into his bedroom “My father may be watching me now, could you ask someone to deliver this message for me?” He asked biting his lip getting a piece of paper and writing a quick message to Alex asking him to meet him in his room but to come through the servants entrance.

((That’s cool, I never knew that))

The servant nodded, swiftly exiting Elliot's room without being seen.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. "I'm sorry for the intrusion, I'm probably overstepping my bounds." It was Violet on the other side of the door. She didn't open it or enter until addressed. "But, I just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling.... I brought you something that may help."
True to his word, the doctor didn't tell anyone, so Violet had no way of knowing what night be making the crown prince sick. But she knew that nausea was best helped by ginger and bland foods, so she brought him a warm tea and a sweet porridge with fruit.

Alex hadn't expected to hear from Elliot any time soon, so he was surprised when he received the letter. The second he was alone, he made an excuse to his family, and hurried off. He almost forgot to put shoes on, he rushed so fast.

Elliot went to the door opening it gently and smiled warmly at her “Thank you so much for the kind consideration” he said and took the items from her gently “I appreciate it greatly. I have had the doctor in and he has given me something too and I feel a little better, perhaps we can talk a little later in the courtyard for some tea?” He smiled gently hoping for her to leave before Alex arrived though kept his door mostly closed over just in case.

As Alex was approaching the door, he unfortunately did hear Violet in the room with Elliot. He waited for her to leave, hidden from view until then. His heart sank. Is that what Eli wanted to tell him? He and the princess were getting on so well now that they could have private time in his room? He waited anxiously for her to leave.

"I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better," Violet said with a smile. "Please, take as much time as you need to feel better. I'm not going to badger an ailing man to keep me company. How cruel that would be." She turned to leave. "I would enjoy that chat with you if you feel up to it. Until then, I will pray for your continued recovery." She gave him a last, lingering look before heading back out of the room and back to the library.

Elliot smiled gently at her “Of course, well we shall organise something” he said gently before closing the door as he left signing in relief before going over to his bed groaning gently as he laid down, he had no idea what he was going to do, all he knew was he wanted Alex there with him. He placed a hand absently on his stomach wondering what it would be like to be a father and what their child may look like.

Alex waited a few minutes for Violet's footsteps to recede before knocking softly. "Your highness?" He asked quietly, still playing the part of the formal servant. But despite the steadiness in his voice, his heart was hammering in his chest and his palms were sweating with nerves. "May I enter?"

Elliot shot back up when he heard Alex’s voice wincing as he made himself dizzy and held onto the mattress a moment to steady himself before moving to Alex quickly and wrapping his arms around him tightly before everything just overwhelmed him and he started to sob into him holding onto him probably much too tightly.

Alex wasn't prepared for the welcome he received, but didn't have time to think about it. His beloved was sobbing in his arms and that thought consumed him. Along with making the tears dry. "Shh," he soothed, holding him and rubbing his back gently with the other arm. "I'm here now. It's okay."

Elliot kept a hold of him tightly not even wanting to move into the bedroom correctly, just wanting to be in his arms “I’m…I’m with child, and he…he wants to get rid of it” he said, his voice breaking

Alex gently guided Elliot into the bedroom and shut the door. He was stunned at Elliot's confession, but he put his shock on the back burner for a moment as he helped his beloved sit on the bed. He held him tightly to his chest, stroking his hair soothingly. His hands were shaking; a million thoughts and feelings racing around his head. A baby? Their baby? For real? The King knew? What about the princess? He forced his scrambling mind to concentrate, saying, "I'm here for you my love. Whatever you want to do, I'm here. If you want to have the baby, I'm going to be by your side. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I love you."

Elliot shook his head as he held onto Alex tightly “No, he said he’s going to come after you, he said he will find out who it is and come after you and your family” he said pulling back holding his cheeks gently “I needed you to know but I also need you to keep your distance, he cannot find out you are the father, do you understand?” He asked tears still running down his cheeks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post