C My dearest friend (w/ Littleittyboy)

Violet averted her gaze, pretending to not know what he was getting at. "Thank you, I feel better approaching them for a potential trade that I know a little about their history. It is still difficult to speak to some of the people here. I don't understand the dialect, and I am not always great with articulating what I want to say."

Her heart was still a little cracked in a few spots, but she didn't want to dwell on that. She couldn't hold onto a hopeless love forever. Especially not when she saw how happy Alex and Elliot were. It was so cute it was absolutely unbearable, in the best way. "I am intimidated at the idea of speaking with the owners of the place-Do you happen to frequent that shoppe with any regularity? I would like to stop by on a day that the son is managing it."

Elliot couldn’t help the grin that crossed his face “Oh, when the sons managing it? Why is that? He’s not in charge of the place just yet” he grinned a little rubbing at his stomach trying to pry the information out of her “He’s very easy on the eyes, and he’s great with the little kids around town, I think he may be courting one of the women from the bakery” he said trying to prod her a little more.

"I haven't noticed such things," she said, turning pink, "I just wanted to know so I could place an order, I promise." She waved her hand dismissively. "Besides, if he is already courting someone, I am not going to interfere." The last time she got her hopes up over a taken man, she ended up shattering her heart into little tiny pieces. She couldn't do that again, not when she was healing.
She noticed that Elliot was massaging his stomach, the baby must be fussy. She addressed the baby, wondering of they could hear her. "Are you giving your daddy trouble? That's not very nice of you," she said gently.

Elliot smiled gently “I was just messing around about him courting someone, he’s not” he smiled a little “He is really sweet though, we can visit on Monday, that’s the day he is in charge” he smiled warmly and looked down at his stomach “He’s going to want to work on the farm like his papa, that’s for sure, with all this energy he’ll be havoc in the castle” he laughed

Violet blushed, realizing she had been tricked. "W-whether or not he actually courting someone is not of my concern, remember, dear future husband?" She joked, smiling a little. "By all public accounts in our union is still assured." She paused and said, "But if you are feeling up to it and can spare the time, I would like the company into town. I still find myself getting lost sometimes."

Violet smiled, agreeing with him that the active baby would probably not be suited to princely living. "Speaking of the farm, Alex tells me that his family is excited to meet the baby."

Elliot smiled warmly at her “Violet, I want you to be happy too and find someone to fall as hard as I have. If you want to be with someone you should be with them, that’s what you said to us remember? How amazing it is to be loved? I want that for you too” he said squeezing her hand gently “You only need to keep quiet about us for another short few months, you can talk to them and fall in love and not need to truly be courting and when I marry Alex you will be free to marry who you wish and I’m just saying, he wouldn’t be a bad pick” he shrugged smiling “But yes, I will be happy to take you into town on Monday” he said.

Elliot looked at his stomach nervously “Yes, but they have no idea I’m the one who’s carrying…he tells me they are incredible and will accept me quickly but I just worry” he smiled nervously and shrugged “I have the potential to cause them all so much pain because of who I am…”

Violet laughed, shaking her head. "I know what I promised, I haven't forgotten. I just mean I have to be careful about my public image to keep you guys safe." She squeezed his hand back, giving him a warm smile. "You guys mean so much to me. I don't want to do anything jeopardize the plan." Still, she smiled happily when he he said that yes, he could accompany her. "Then, I would like that very much."

Wait. How did he know so much about this guy? Had he noticed her looking at him?

She quickly wheeled away from that thought and said, "they are very kind people. And you are a kind person. I know they will love you . You know how to charm people without trying. And when you show up with a baby? How could anyone say not to you?" She said.

Elliot smiled brightly at her “And I, and my family truly appreciate that” he said smiling broadly at her “And if you want me to put in a good word I am more than happy to do so” he teased playfully.

Elliot sighed “Yeah…there’s that too. I won’t be going after I’ve had them, I’ll be going there to have them. Feel like that’s a huge thing to start a relationship with, ‘Hi, im the prince and also your sons partner and father to his child, oh and im going to give birth really soon’” he chuckled awkwardly “I just don’t want my father to have a chance to do anything, you know?” He said worriedly rubbing his stomach

Violet shook her head. "Your company will be more than enough. Why don't we make a day of it? I can buy the baby some new clothes."
She massaged his hand gently, trying to relax him. Auntie Vi and jokingly, part time therapy animal. "I know that's rough, but they will love you. His brothers and sister already know who you are. They've been trying to make you fall in love since the moment they met you -or at least, Mary tells me so. So you already have four people in that family who care about you."

Elliot smiled knowing she was avoiding the subject but allowing it for now “I think you need to calm down on the shopping, some people may start thinking you are the one having the baby unwed” he laughed gently.

He sighed a little and nodded “I know but it’s horrible keeping this a secret and I know it’s weighing heavily on Alex with him being so close to his family” he said sadly “I just wish everything was easier” he said softly

She laughed, agreeing with him. "I suppose you're right, but babies outgrow clothes so quickly... After you two are married I'm going to bring them lots," she said with an air of finality, like it had been decided.

"You're doing very well. You two support each other when times are difficult. It's almost over, and then you can be free." She continues to stroke his hand reassuringly.

Elliot smiled gently “Okay, when they are born and we are free you can buy them as many clothes as you see fit” he said laughing gently. He sighed looking at her rubbing his hand gently “Soon we can be free” he repeated to himself wishing that soon would come quicker than it seemed it would.

Alex has returned to see Elliot that night, bringing an armload of gifts. Mostly baby stuff, like a few handmade sweaters and booties, but also a few chocolates and treats for Elliot. His parents had no idea that they were gifting someone these things with the ability to buy them himself, but he didn't want to put a damper on their spirits. His dad had even spent the past few weeks carving a baby mobile with various farm animals to twirl over the baby's head. "Delivery," he hummed, knocking on the door.

Elliot couldn’t help the broad smile crossing his face as he got up and opened the door smiling brightly. His walking was starting to be more of a waddle with the weight of the baby but he was just so excited to see Alex he didn’t care. He let him into the room and closed the door happily “I missed you” he said softly and kissed him gently uncaring about the gifts he brought at that moment

Alex put the gifts down and wrapped his arms around Elliot. "I missed you too. Both of you." He kissed Elliot back, just as happy to see him now as he had been months ago. In fact, he probably loved Elliot more now. With every day that passed he fell a little more for his handsome prince. "How was your day, beloved one?"

Elliot smiled brightly “Better now you’re here” he said happily and sighed gently “I spent much of it with Violet which was nice but this little guy has been non stop fighting my body” he grinned touching his stomach gently. He hadn’t realised that he has begun to call their child a male but whenever he imagined their life and child he always imagined a smaller version of Alex no matter the fact he knew it was half his and growing inside him, and if it was a mini Alex it couldn’t be a girl.

Alex has noticed the change in pronouns for the baby, but hadn't questioned it. His mom told him not to, to just let it be. And so he did. He got down to Elliot's navel level, so he was speaking directly to the baby as he talked. "Hi baby, it's your papa." He gently caressed Elliot's belly as he spoke. "You need to be nicer to your daddy. He needs to get some rest, too, okay? He doesn't get to sleep whenever he wants. And he need to be healthy so you're healthy too." He kissed the spot where he felt the baby move "We love you sweetheart."

Elliot smiled brightly and ran his hand through his hair gently “We love you too” he said gently and smiled brightly and pulled him over to the bed and laid down with him, putting his head on his chest gently listening to his heart sighing happily.

(Sorry, I’m going to have to go now, it’s late for me, I’ll hopefully be on tomorrow))

((I was about to say the same thing. It's late/early here too. No rush on replying, get some rest!))

Alex held Elliot tightly, stroking his hair as they laid in the bed. "Do you want to try and get some sleep love? I can wake you up in a few hours."

Elliot shook his head “No, I barely get any time with you. One night a week is all I get” he said gently but was blinking heavily, his body exhausted. He hasn’t been sleeping well with the baby always moving around and he constantly had nightmares of his father taking the baby from them so sleep was something he rarely had anymore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post