C My dearest friend (w/ Littleittyboy)

"You'll still be here with me if you sleep," Alex said, stroking his hair. "I don't mind if you get some rest. I just enjoy being here with you." He knew that Elliot couldn't fight the sleep much longer. "I promise I'll wake you up in a few hours, alright my love?"

Elliot whined for a few more seconds before he fell asleep, his body relaxing against Alex’s and soft snores came from him. An hour or so passed and he began to have the same nightmare as always, of his father at the end of the bed while he birthed and every nightmare changed the way he killed the child, getting more and more obscure. He moved restlessly whimpering and panicking a little before shooting up and screaming out “No!” As tears started to run down his face, his whole body shaking.

"Hey, hey," Alex soothed, pulling Elliot to his chest, "it's okay, I'm here. You're safe." Carefully, Alex wiped away the tears on Elliot's cheekm. Then he gently stroked Elliot's hair and planted soft kisses on his head. "No one is going to harm you, or our baby. I promise."

Elliot grabbed onto Alex a little desperately breathing hard trying to calm down and tucking his face into Alex’s neck after he had kissed his face just breathing in the scent of him as he slowly calmed down “I love you” he said quietly and kissed his neck lightly curling into his side as tightly as he could with the baby in between them.

((I was thinking that maybe Elliot goes into labour early due to stress and because of that the baby isn’t in the right position and is breach causing his labour to be longer too?))

((That's a-okay with me c: ))

"I love you too. So very much." Alex held Elliot close, lightly rubbing his belly to comfort both him and the baby. "I'm here for you. Soon, we won't have to worry anymore."

---
Violet was ready for their outing--perhaps too early. She was earlier than the arranged time she was supposed to meet with Elliot, waiting for him in the courtyard with a book. She had only read the same page several times now. No, she was not nervous. Not at all.

Elliot pulled his cloak around him, they were getting into the warmer months and it was getting harder for him with the heat. He headed slowly down to the courtyard, the baby quite active today and heavy on his back. He wanted to make Violet happy though so he owed her his utmost strength to get through this.

Violet could tell something was wrong, seeing Elliot moving slowly and looking a bit unwell. A look of worry crossed her face as she stood up and hurried over to him. "Are you okay?" She asked in hushed tones, "if you're not feeling well, we can stay here. I'll be just as happy if we hang out together here." She gave him a bright smile. "I can get us some tea and cookies, and show you what I've been working on."

As in, what she has been working on for the baby. One of the maids had been very kind, showing her how to knit, under the excuse that she was bored and needed something to do with her hands. In the past few days, she had worked on (with quite a few pulled out and redone stitches) a little baby blanket in varying shades; starting with a border that matches Elliot's eyes, and gradually transitioning into the color of Alex's. It was probably going to be larger than a baby blanket when it was done, she supposed, but maybe they could use it.

Elliot smiled warmly at her “I’m okay, it’s just the warmth but we still need to put on a face so we shall go into town” he said gently and held his arm out for hers before starting their journey into town and to the specific shop that Violet wanted. Elliot smirked a little when they saw Liam outside playing hopscotch with some younger kids, his curly black hair bouncing as he jumped and the grin on his face exposing his dimples.

Violet, now standing in front of the very shop she had requested, suddenly got nervous. "I don't think I can do this. He seems busy, so how about I come back another time?" She asked. It had been a long time since had talked to, let alone flirted with, another handsome man. She had been betrothed to Elliot since she was little, knowing she was going to marry the prince didn't really allow her to socialize with other men. At least not in the romantic sense. And even when she was flirting with Elliot, she was writing letters. So she always knew just what to say-having the time to plan or rewrite it. That was not so here.

Elliot laughed gently “Oh yes, extremely busy with those customers” he teased playfully to her before turning her face gently to look at him “Violet, you are sweet, kind, intelligent and amazing, any man would be so lucky to have you” he said gently smiling at her.

Liam laughed gently playing with the kids until they pointed out that the prince and princess. He turned, a little embarrassed and smiled sheepishly at Violet before bowing to the both of them “I’m sorry your highnesses, I wasn’t expecting you” he said a little nervously, his eyes often flicking to Violet.

"Thank you, I appreciate your support," Violet said. "But you only think I'm smart because you got to know me on paper first," she laughed. "If I didn't have time to plan what I was going to say, if I had to say it in person..." She trailed off, twisting the ring on her index finger with anxiety.

Having no choice but to address Liam now that she had been addressed, Violet waved her hands dismissively. "No, no, it's quite alright. We aren't in any hurry." She gave him what she thought might be a kind smile, but she wasn't really sure. She was so nervous she felt so close to bolting from the scene then and there.

Elliot rolled his eyes “Don’t be ridiculous, we’ve been talking for months now, you’re incredibly intelligent” he said gently before turning to Liam and smiling warmly “Yes, do not worry, Princess Violet wanted to discuss with you a potential trade line, she is particularly interested in your line of work” he said gently

Liam looked at the princess and smiled, his dimples showing and a single curl laid on his forehead. “We’ll, my parents aren’t here today but I’m happy to discuss as much as I am aware of” he said before opening the door for them politely “Please come in”

Violet wanted to argue with him that yes, they had been talking for months now. But they had talked to each other in writing long before that; getting comfortable with their conversation before meeting. This was completely uncharted territory, adrift in the conversational sea without a navigator.
But she didn't have time for that. She was ushered into the shop, feeling her heart pound. Discreetly, she squeezed Elliot's hand for support, for grounding. "Thank you for seeing us on such short notice," she said, smiling at Liam. "I've grown rather fond of you-your products, and would like to see people in my country also enjoying them." When Liam wasn't looking, she mouthed to Elliot, "please kill me now"

Elliot squeezed her hand back gently before making a face at her when she mouthed the words “Don’t be so dramatic” he whispered shaking his head before he let go of her arm to ‘browse’ the store and it was definitely not to leave the two of them alone x

Liam smiled brightly and made a tea for her “Your favourite” he said handing it to her gently “I put some mint in it to freshen it a little, let me know if you like it, if not I will make you one of your favourite without it. It was just something new to try” he said rambling quite a bit, his cheeks a bit pink as he smiled nervously at her.

"Thank you," Violet said, handing him the money in return for the satchet of leaves. It smelled heavenly. "I really like mint, so this will be a pleasant addition." She felt abandoned by Elliot just now. She knew what he was doing, but still. "Do you often make your own tea blends? Or do you have specific recipes that you follow? I think that being able to create blends according to your own preferences is a good outlet for creativity."

Was this good conversation? She wasn't sure.But she was quite touched that Liam had remembered which one was her favorite tea.

Liam smiled, a little shyly, he thought the princess was so beautiful and the fact she enjoyed his teas made him incredibly happy. “Well, my parents like having set concoctions but I quite like experimenting” he smiled brightly “Well, you have incredible taste” he smiled at her. He bit his lip looking over at Elliot before turning back to her and giving her another small back “This is one of my newer experiments, it’s heavily rose based so I’m not sure if you’ll like it but I do” he said smiling nervously, a sweet blush across his cheeks.

"I think it's less a matter of taste and more a testament to your skill," Violet said. Her eyes lit up when he handed her the bag. "This smells amazing, it's got a very light, comforting scent. Thank you very much. I'll have it tomorrow so I can let you know what I think." She pulled out her bag again and passed him over the amount what he would charge for a regular order. "Next time, I'll have to bring you some of my favorite tea cakes so you can have them together."

Liam smiled very brightly at the compliments she gave him “Thank you princess, your kind words mean the world to me” he said happily before shaking his head gently at her offering “Don’t be ridiculous your highness, no payment is necessary especially if you are to bring me sweets next time you’re in” he said happily. He was incredibly proud that she liked his teas and his heart beat quickly at her compliments.

"I want to support your business, though," Violet said stubbornly, sliding the money back. The one benefit she enjoyed about being a princess was the ability to support small artists and businesses with her funds. "Speaking of, do you think your parents would be open to doing business with my homeland? I think a lot of people would benefit from these."

Plus, when this farce of an engagement was over, and she had to go back home... She would miss being able to come here anytime she wanted for a fix.

Liam wouldn’t take no for an answer sliding the money back again “Princess, I must insist” he said gently “Especially if you are willing to make a deal with us for your homeland, I can not take your money” he said softly. “I’m sure my parents would be thrilled to make a deal with you” he said smiling brightly, his dimples showing again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post