Fake Faces for your Family
I consider myself pretty lucky when it comes to family. My parents are fine with me. Being quite an introverted person in real life, they're all too familiar with my quirks. Neither of them are aware of my belly/pregnancy fetish though - which I know would surprise them. 

I have an interesting relationship with my (older) brother. I do genuinely like him and he does like me...but in a rather odd way where he sees me as a bit of a 'joke' rather than someone who he likes to be with whenever we meet up (as we live 200+ miles apart). I think he likes me in relatively short doses and that's it. It's hard to explain this in words. It's something you'd have to witness for yourself to really understand. 

I do have a distant cousin who, online, had a bit of a falling out with me a few years ago and we've not spoken or communicated with each other in any other way since - and I'm fine with that. He's already well known to be quite the 'black sheep' of the family and has fallen out with plenty of other relatives over the years and I was amongst the last few he was still in touch with. I've not taken it personally. It's just disappointing that despite giving him literally another 20 years-worth of time over other relatives, he's pulled the same 'trick' on me. Oh well...

Where I feel I have to put on a 'fake face' is at work. I have several colleagues who back-stab me or talk about me behind my back. I just have to put on a brave face and continue to be as polite and mutual to them as I possibly can for professional reasons. I'm almost the least social person out of all of them so when I'm quite happy to stay in not go out, they often take it as some personal insult which it really isn't. I just like my own free time and my own space. 

Messages In This Thread
Fake Faces for your Family - by Dadmom - 01-01-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Fake Faces for your Family - by mannluvv - 01-01-2019, 10:07 PM
RE: Fake Faces for your Family - by Craddenali - 01-02-2019, 05:04 AM
RE: Fake Faces for your Family - by Belly Button - 02-12-2023, 07:12 PM
RE: Fake Faces for your Family - by WolfgangD - 02-12-2023, 10:54 PM