C The Kingdom's Heir

(Will do! But I like your ideas so you can just be free with them :) If there's also something that you don't like, don't hesitate to tell me too.)

Henri laughed at the pregnancy glow, not believing that he still looks good when he'd become so big. "I'm not sure that I've become beautiful like this. I'm big and clumsy and I just continue to put on weight. But yeah. I do like to have more kids after our Penelope here." He was blushing as Adam got the necklace on him, and being complimented on, Henri felt so loved. He chanced to see himself in a mirror and he could agree that the necklace looked good on him. "I love it, Adam. The silver's so beautiful! Thank you. This is just making me so happy! Henri welcomed the hug and had rested his head on Adam's shoulder. "I love you too, so so much. I'm very blessed to have you. You could have let me die back then with your father and continue living the life of a prince but here you are sacrificing a lot for me and our baby. Thank you!"

They danced together until Henri remembered something. "Adam, I remember I have an appointment today. If you're not too tired form work, do you like to come with me?" It was only a routine check up that Henri needs to do since after the accident, his pregnancy had become high risk.

" I would love to come with you love" Adam said smiling and got dressed from his work clothes to regular clothes to accompany Henri to the doctor. Adam held Henris hand the whole time and watched the doctor closely. " is everything alrighr?" Adam asked the doctor a little worried. He still felt it was his fault Henris pregnancy was high risk.

"Thank you, love." Soon, he and Adam made their way to the clinic and was now having their check-up. "The baby is healthy but because of what happened, the placenta became a bit weak. It is most likely that she will come premature." Henri held Adam's hand tighter. "But will she be healthy, doctor? Can't we do anything to make her stay 'til the end?" The doctor smiled at them. "As long as she passes the 8th month mark, the baby will be healthy. We can also try to carry the baby full term. We just need Henri to have plenty of rest and gain the weight and nutrients he needs. Selling vegetables can be a good exercise for you but Henri, because of the baby, you need to rest the moment you feel tired, eat when you're hungry, no excuses."

He then turned to Adam. "Adam, I want you to have this tea and make sure Henri drinks it daily. It will help strengthen the womb and increase our chances of a healthy full term baby." The doctor gave them the tea and had a few more advices before the check-up was over. 

It was getting late when they were walking back home. Henri saw a stand selling noodles and he felt like wanting to eat some. "Adam, can we eat noodles. Princess is craving for them."

Adam listened closely to the doctor agreeing to make sure Henri would drink the tea daily. He was worried for their princess and hoped she could make it to atleast 8 months and not come any earlier than that.

" you heard what the doctor said Henri more rest please?" He frowned really concerned for both Henri and their princess " if you need to stop selling vegetables I can sell them after work " he said and squeezed Henris hand

Adam smiled " of course whatever princess wants" he said and got a couple.coins out making sure Henri got a large bowl of noodles and Adam got a smaller one for himself. He wanted to spoil Henri as much as they could with the money they had. Adam was always putting money aside just in case Henri or Penelope needed anything. Sometimes he wished he was a prince so he could spoil Henri and the baby more.

"I'd rest more but I don't really want to give up on selling vegetables. Maybe we could set the stand to in front of our house so I can close it up and rest anytime I want. Just Adam please. I don't want to not do anything when you're working so hard." Henri tried to plead Adam. He knew that he was high risk but the doctor did say that it was a good exercise for him, didn't he?

Henri was happy to satisfy his craving. "Thank you, love. Princess will absolutely love this." He gave Adam a kiss on the cheek and dug into his large bowl of noodles. Henri finished it in no time, and even after the huge bowl he had, he still feels like he can go for another bowl. He looked at Adam shyly, wondering if they have any money for another bowl. "Can we have a-another? Even a s-small bowl will do."

" will set it up in front of the house so you can rest when you need to love" he said as he kissed Henris temple " I just worry for you and princess and remember you have to drink that tea when we get home" he reminded him

Adam just smiled pulling out some more coins from his pocket " I have enough for another big bowl if you want but than we should be getting home it's getting dark and the boys at work have seen bears" Adam said as he squeezed Henris hand

Henri was more than thankful Adam was letting him continue selling vegetables. "I know, love. And I promise I'll be more careful. Thank you!" It was obvious it made Henri happy and he'd thank his prince with a kiss on the cheek.

Henri was even made happier with an extra huge bowl to his meal. He hugged Adam as thank you and began eating again. "Bears? Okay, I'll finish this and o we can go soon." Being pregnant, Henri managed to finish the noodles quickly.

They continued to walk back home and fearing the bears, Henri stuck closely to Adam's side, a hand held his bump protectively.

Adam walked home fast with Henri on his arm making sure to keep an eye out for any bears. He would protect his husband no matter what. Soon they were home and Adam noticed Henris swollen feet. He made Henri sit and he began to massage his feet for him " you need to keep your legs elevated help with the swelling" he said as he continued to rub and massage Henris feet for him

Henri was more than relieved to have made it back home safely without seeing a single bear. Adam was now giving him a foot massage that definitely felt heavenly. "Alright, love. I'll keep my feet elevated whenever I rest." Henri leaned into the couch and took the tea the doctor gave them.

"Oh I promised Sarah I'd drop by tomorrow so I might close the stall a bit earlier." After a few more massage, Henri's feet were feeling less swollen. "I'm good for now, love. Thank you. Now you really should get your rest for tomorrow." He kissed Adam by the forehead and rubbed his belly. "I think Penelope is sleeping already so let's do the same?"

Adam laid down beside Henri wrapping an arm around his belly and pulling him close. They both fell into a deep sleep. Adam got up early to work being careful not to wake Henri. He left to work in the fields.

Sarah was breast feeding the little boy when Henri decided to stop by " how you feeling? Hows the little girl?" Sarah asked smiling.

( how do you feel about Adam protecting Henri from a bear and getting a little hurt?)

Henri slept well with Adam and though he was disappointed to have not seen his husband before work, he was excited to see Sarah and her baby. The vegetables sell well and he had managed to sell them all before meeting with Sarah.

"A little tired and achy but our princess is very healthy and that's what matters most to me." Henri greeted back as he carefully sat himself on a chair near Sarah. "Oh your baby boy is so cute! So how's being a new mom feel like? Does this cute baby already have a name?" Henri would coo at the baby given the chance. but he still gave Sarah her space to breastfeed properly.

(Is it Adam that will be hurt? We could do that. Henri will be so worried for Adam and he'll make sure to take care of his wounds. :) )

Sarah smiled " his name is Damien hes just about done eating do you want to hold him? It feels so nice finally being able to hold him " Sarah soon handed baby Damien to Henri " support his head there you go" Sarah smiled happy her friend was here to visit " have you seen any of the bears that are around the village?" She asked

Adam had gone done with work a little early. He bought Sarah and Henri some noodles. He knocked on Sarah's door " Henri I bought noodles for you and Sarah " he said smiling

"You've got him a beautiful name! Hi, Damien. It must be a wonderful feeling. I can't also wait for Penelope to come so I can hold her too." Henri carefully got the baby and was now cooing at the little boy. "Am I holding him right?"

Henri was rocking baby Damien to sleep when he heard Sarah talk about the bears. "No. Are there really bears around? They sound dangerous."

Henri was happy to see Adam, happier when he was with noodles. Just in time the baby fell asleep so Sarah can have a break and eat with them. "Thank you love. Sarah, this is for you. Eat with us!"

A few more hours passed and it was beginning to get dark. "You should probably go now. The bears are dangerous at night." Says Sarah.

" your holding him perfect" Sarah said and when damien was asleep she laid him in his little crib. Thanking Adam for the noodles and sitting and talking.

Adam took Henris hand " stay close to me if I tell you to run you run" he said sternly. They almost made it home when they heard some growling " get in the house now" Adam said. Their was a huge blackbear that Adam was trying to distract to stay away from Henri. He made loud noises and yelled at the bear. It tackled Adam to the ground biting at him and scratching him up. Adam had a dagger on him and was able to stab the bear and it ran.

Adam stayed on the ground curling his body around it self everything hurt. He could hear Henri crying for him to get up but he hurt to much " help me up Henri dont cry its okay" he tried to say in a calm manor

It was already dark and Henri was getting afraid. He cling closer to Adam and nodded at Adam's instruction, though he hoped that it won’t come that.

They were almost near when a bear appeared. He didn’t want to leave Adam alone but thinking of the baby's safety, he ran for their home. He watched in fear at their window and he gasped and cried when he saw his love get tackled and attacked by the bear. When the bear was killed, Henri immediately ran for Adam.

“Adam! Please...g-get up...please be okay...” Henri was sobbing hard but he knew Adam wanted him to be brave and so he calmed himself. He shakily nodded before slowly helping Adam to stand. He whimpered whenever he hears his husband wince in pain. “Shh...you...you’ll be fine. You’ll be fine.”

With Adam leaning on him, they managed to get home. Henri led Adam to their bed and quickly began tending to the wounds of his love. He tried to clean the wounds as careful as he could and he would whimper whenever he hears his husband wince in pain. “I'm sorry. Please bear the pain, love. I'll get you better soon.” Henri was thankful that at least the wounds weren’t too deep. But Adam would have to stop working for a while to fully rest his body and it's up to him to take care of his love.

Henri kissed Adam's forehead and said with much determination. “I'll take care of you love, so you just focus on resting and recovering okay. We love you.” Just then the baby kicked. “Princess is worried for her papa too.”

Adam hurt all over but he let Henri clean the wounds wincing a little at the pain. He held Henris hand tight and soon pressed it against Henris stomach " I'm okay princess just a little hurt " he said and pulled Henri into the bed with him " you get up early for me tomorrow and tell Tom I'll need a couple days of to rest please?" He said as he kissed his husbands cheek " thanks for caring for me" he said as relaxed against Henri and soon fell fast asleep.

Henri didnt sleep well worried for Adam and in the middle of the night Penelope was craving some pickles.

"I will tell Tom. You've been taking care of us, now it's time for me to take care of you." Henri put on a brave smile for Adam but deep inside he was still filled with worry. Adam had caught a fever because of his wounds and he couldn't sleep in fear that the fever will become worst. He would constantly replace the wet towel on Adam's forehead and did all he could until the fever broke. 

Henri was now at their kitchen  sleepily munching on pickles because of the baby. He returned to Adam and had only a few hours of sleep before he needed to get up again because of the need to pee. The sun was starting to rise at that time and so he headed straight to Tom's after that.

"Tom, Adam got into an accident last night with a bear and he'll need a couple of days to rest. Please inform your boss for him. Thank you and sorry for the trouble." Henri quickly left when he had informed Tom, ignoring the man's comment on how tired he looked, hoping to make Adam breakfast before he wakes.

He was just in time for Adam to start opening his eyes. "Hey, love. How are you feeling? I have breakfast ready. Here, let me help you eat." Henri  sat on the chair beside their bed and help Adam sit down first. "Slowly, love. Tell me if it hurts."

" everything hurts I'm sore but I'll be okay" he groaned as he sat up slowly to eat breakfast. He really wasnt that hungry and he just wanted more sleep but to appease Henri he took a couple bites.

He noticed how tired Henri looked " did you not sleep well you look so tired? Why don't you lay down with me and just rest my love" he said pulling on Henri gently to lay down with him. He wrapped a hand around his belly bump and kissed at him being gentle and sweet.

Henri felt pity to his husband who'd wince in pain as he struggled to sit. "Come on, love. A few more bites for me? You need to eat more so you'll get your strength back." He noticed Adam's lack of appetite but he was proud that his love had managed to eat at least half of the food. Adam received a kiss from Henri as reward.

Henri just sighed when he heard his husband's comment on his tiredness. "I was too worried for you that I couldn't sleep. Penelope too. She kept moving and making me crave pickles." He smiled and took Adam's offer of rest. Henri could feel his eyes grow sleepy as soon as he laid on the bed with Adam's hand settling their girl. "I'll nap a little but please wake me up after 30 mins. I need to get the vegetables ready and open our stall. I'm also heading over to grandma Ruth to (yawn) see if I can do extra work. I love you Adam. Get well soon, love." And Henri fell asleep, snuggled against Adam.

" you dont need to do extra work I have some money stored away just take it easy the doctor said you need rest as well." Adam said sternly but fell asleep with Henri. An hour passed and Henri woke up only because Adam's fever was back and he was burning up.

Henri had missed a wound on Adam's back and it was now infected. Adam didnt open his eyes but he groaned as he slept his body aching badly.