Closed Guardian
"yes you need to keep pushing a bit more brother" she encouraged "he or she is very small..." she said and therefore placed a towel between his parted legs so the puppy would be delivered into something warm and soft. She also brighroa thick blanket to cover the baby once it was cleaned to keep him or her warm as she or he would nurse from Ed.

Sjofn watched patiently as the perinium stretched around the silver head and the pups head was fully delivered with a groan of pain from her brother in law.
When the head came out he felt relieved. He panted then intensely to get his arms through as well, and the pup turned slightly. He felt that everything was better now. He waited for the infant to squeal. His pheromones were intense. He hoped, however, that the stranger alphas wouldn't see it as an invitation. "Will you look for Ansgard? When I give birth already?"
"you're weak.. Can you defend your newborns if other Alphas enter? They'll rip to pieces your newborns to mate with you and place puppies in your belly" she said so he would understand how serious this was.

As the puppy was delivered the omegas body was already becoming an invitation to be impregnated again. Many betas and llevas bodies craved the feeling of puppies and would send that sweet scent tithave their mates take care of that desire.
"you... Want more puppies?" she asked as the albino pup whimpered and cried announcing he was alive "you have a son" she said cleaning the puppy and handling ming very gently to his mother so he could nurse him.
Edward understood the gravity of the situation. He was weak, but he had the strength to defend the litter. He will even sacrifice his own life. "I can do it... And the puppies... I want more, but I'll make the decision with Ansgard," he said, and then embraced his son, who was searching for a nipple with his nose. He lay down on his back and breathed a sigh of relief. He had toddlers with him. May Mother Luna watch over them. His naked body embraced the bodies of the children, wanting to warm them up.
"I'm asking cause your scent has changed and you're calling for an Alpha to give you pups" she said gently
"I can protect the litter... Don't be afraid. Go Sjofn... I'll bring everything and keep them safe," he said confidently
Sjofn sighted and nodded. She covered the new mother with a blanket so he could be warm too for the pups "make sure the albino pup eats well and is nursing, he's very small and might have trouble nursing" she said as she got out of the cave to go and find her brother
"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them and guard them. Though they must know their father," he said and sent her a weak smile. The dead children lay in a wedge basket on the other side. His omega was still reliving the loss of two of the litter.
The fire cracked and the pups at his breasts suckle hungrily without stopping as Sjofn said they would. The boy would have trouble and wouldn't eat as much as his sister but would latch back on as his mother encouraged him to do so.

The girls fur was a rich gray that was a high contrast to the whiteness of her brother.

Hours later Ansgard entered the cave. He was covered in scratches that were almost healed and he could smell newborns, mother's milk and very loud the scent of his omega calling to mate very strongly.
"how our our children?" he asked gently he knew two had been lost due to the fight and the fall Ed had taken. Yet he was glad two others survived
While Sjofn was away, Edward cleaned the children of mucus and other secretions. They were really cute. Their furs were beautiful according to their mother. He made sure the little ones were warm and drank milk, especially their little son who was weaker than his sister.

When he heard footsteps in the cave, he covered the little ones more. He didn't know who it could have been, he wanted to be prepared for a fight already. However, seeing the familiar posture and smell he mastered himself. Ansgard. Scratched, but healthy. His husband. Hearing his voice alone brought tears to his eyes. " A-ansgard...," he sobbed out, feeling how it all contributed to the crying. Puppy death, injured alpha...
"hey its okay... I'm fine, we are all fine" he said letting him cry as he embraced him in his strong arms. "Sjofn said you were amazing during the births... Would you introduce me to my kids?" he asked as he saw just two balls of furs cuddled next to Ed suckling hungrily.

"I see Mother Luna sent us a little blessing" he sis noticing the albino pup, that he already knew about because of his sister.
Edward absorbed Ansgard's scent greedily. He regretted that all this had happened. That he was not at the birth of their children. Snuggled into his chest, he began to calm down. "Uhm... We have a son and a daughter. I waited with names for you," he said, still having tears on his face. He uncovered the puppies, showing them to his husband. The albino really was special. And cute. "I love them... But... why are they the only survivors? I wanted to be a good mother"
Ansgard sniffed his children to learn their scent to be able to track them down if needed or simply know where they were by their smell.

"He's small" Andgsrd said taken aback. His sister Thad said he was small, but he hasn't imaged it would be this much "you want me to name both or should we name one each?" he asked ad he sniffed again the children that were squirming at their mothers breast suckling on the precious milk.

"you're a good mother. You deliver alone practically, out of birthing season and having endured an attack. You even managed to give birth to a moon kissed pup and deliver him alive. If we lost two pups its my fault. I wasn't able to defend you and our children as I should have "
Edward stared at the drinking pups. It was a miracle they were alive. Apparently they had good survival instincts already in Ed's belly. "Name them yourself, I have absolutely no idea," he said, and then wiped away the tears that were already streaming less down his face. He reacted rather sharply to his husband's further words, looking at him with seriousness. "It's not your fault... My stupidity. You told me to run, and I turned back because I was worried... And then... Our litter must have been injured. I killed them!"
"She will be Penelope and our son Lune" he said proudly. Lt was a good sight to see his omega nursing his children, his newborn pups.

Perhaps it was because he was the father and not a mother and he hadn't that intimate bond Ed had with all the pups. Perhaps it was because he was used to see not every puppy in the litter make it. Sure he was sad at the loos do the pups, but he was more happy with the life of the two that were still alive.

"Ed you didn't do anything wrong. Didn't I told you not all puppies make it?"he asked gently. He could understand his hurt but Ed couldn't crumble to his loss as the pups were totally dependent on him and would be for the next couple years." I'm thankful for these two offspring. And the best you can do to honor our kids that didn't make it, is by taking care of their surviving siblings. The pups need you Ed."
"I don't know... I don't think I can handle Ans. What if I give birth to stillborn puppies in the next litter too? Am I supposed to see them die without feeling guilty?" he asked sadly. He was still experiencing it. He glanced at the wedge-shaped basket where Sjofn had placed the dead siblings. They deserved a decent burial. "Ans... Name all the puppies. The dead ones deserve it too," he added, and then kissed Lune lightly on the forehead as he moved restlessly.
"I know it's hard but... Yes I won't lie to you this might not be the first and last time you deliver stillborns. We always hope for the best but nature has its ways and it's not your fault or mines. It's no one's fault.

" Volpi for the boy and Gertrude for our daughter. They'll have a decent burial don't worry" he said and muzzled his mate and noticed how aware Edward was of Lune who was the vulnerable puppy.
"you do love Lune don't you? You wouldn't.. Abandon him would you?" he asked as many parents would decide it was too much of a liability to have a white wolf in their pack. "you're so atune to him in barely some hours and I know you wouldn't leave Lunetto die because it might be dangerous to have a son like him. I know you would protect him with your life. Doesn't that makes you an amazing mother?"
Edward silently corrected the toddler's positioning as he listened to his husband's words. He loves Lune as do all their puppies. The dead ones too. Each of them was a part of him. When they were all named, the omega lifted his face and looked at his husband with sincere gratitude. " I love every single one of our puppies. And it will be a pain for me to see dead babies.... But if you're with me, I'll try to accept it and move on. I'll try," he said, and then tucked his head into his neck.
"I know it's hard... A omega is stronger than an Alpha because of this. I know I don't understand for I don't have the bond you have with them. But it will be fine and if you don't want any more pups that's fine too. I'm father to four already and it seems Penelope and Lune will give us work "he said and looked at the runt trying to nurse but having some difficulty as he grew easily tired" has Lune stopped suckling?"he asked holding this new family between his arms as he cuddled into his omega who had both puppies at his breasts
Omega felt safe with his alpha. He gently pushed Lune to his chest. He had to provide him with plenty of food. "I want more puppies... Maybe I'm crazy, but I want a lot of kids," he explained, then nudged his husband's chin with his nose. The little ones were suckling calmly afterwards