C The farmer’s child

“It’s good now, thank you” he said lightly, he needed Liam’s hands to move to give him some chance of settling himself down. He took a few deep breaths just trying to concentrate on anything in the room that wasn’t Liam so as to not make it any worse than what it is. He could feel his cheeks start to redden hoping that Liam wouldn’t notice or turn the lights on and see.

Liam removed this hands and took a sit on the chair next to the bed "How are you feeling now that it's done? You think baby is being made right now on your womb?"

Jace sighed quietly to himself in relief. He smiled a little over at Liam and but his lip “I really hope so, I mean, as friendly as you are I’m not sure I want to go through all the needles and procedure again” he laughed softly “And the stirrups, although necessary, are not the most comfortable way to hang out for half an hour” he chuckled softly.

"let's hope you'll be gone in three days and I'll see you till a month later" he said and smiled "four your first baby sonogram" he said "and I imagine they must be uncomfortable but it will pass quickly. You'll see"

Jace smiled warmly and nodded “Well, let’s hope so” he laughed gently “I can’t wait to be a dad and even if I have to go through this a bunch more times I’ll still do it” he grinned over at him and rubbed his bloated stomach tenderly.

Unluckily the insemination didn't ended in pregnancy. Three days later at the tests, Jace's hormone leves well the same and even while performing a sonogram. No sac could be seen.

Five months later, Liam had seen Jace go through the cycle of injections and artificial insemination to end up empty handed.
Just three days ago, Jace had been inseminated again for the fifth time. They had been so sure this time... He had released four viable eggs this time and he was looking very round and pregnant last night.
Yet he hated to oncd more beingrbad news to Jace. There was no pregnancy and no baby.

Jace felt defeated. Five times with no baby, they were so positive this time about the possibility with all the eggs that had been there. His vibrant and happy attitude had stayed for the first 3 sessions but each time it failed it was getting harder to stay positive and he thought five was the breaking point.

He couldn’t help a couple of tears ran down his cheeks, he wiped at them sniffling a little. “Oh…that’s okay, maybe next time” he said quietly before smiling as much as he could through the tears, his heart hurt and his stomach twisted a little. He wasn’t sure how many more disappointments he could take.

Liam sat in the corner of the bed and gave a shake to his leg in a sign of affection. "It's all right, it's not unheard of it taking time. You know, naturally people might try for a year or so to get pregnant. Not everyone has the luck to have it happen fast. But it will be all right. Do t worry."

Jace smiled weakly “I know, it’s just disappointing” he said softly and wiped at his eyes. He sat up a little in the bed and rubbed his stomach tenderly sighing a little. He knew that next was the needle to help him pass the unfertilised eggs and knew he would be cramping all night with Liam here watching him.

"wanna go change into your pjs so you're more comfortable? I can algo go pick some movies to watch as you fall asleep" he offered gently.

Jace smiled warmly at him and stood slowly, “I’ll get my pyjamas, if you want to grab some movies that would be nice, I don’t mind which” he said quietly and went to the attached bathroom to change into his pyjamas and the special underwear they provided for the bleeding.

Liam smiled slightly to him with encouragement. He knew that for the patients going though the passing of the infertilized eggs was emotionally hard even if it might just be a little painful physically.

The abortive serum could case them to bloat a bit more and they would cramp up for the whole night. Some cramps could be really painful as to what they might experience in very early labor. But what was sad and what made the deal quite hard, was that the uncomfortableness and pain were to expell that posible child that they had dreamed of so much, and now that it had failed they had to get rid of it. To start all over.

He went to the nurse station to grab some bluerays that he thought Jace could enjoy and then prepared the abortive shot for it to be ready when Jace came out of the bathroom

Jace finished dressing and returned to the bed sighing heavily. This would be his fifth time receiving this shot now and he knew how painful his night was going to be not only physically but also mentally. He rubbed his slightly bloated stomach while he waited for Liam to return.

The last few times he had ended up crying in pain and knew tonight would certainly be no different, the way it had been explained was the more eggs you were carrying the more painful it would be because your body was trying to expel all the eggs and wipe away any trace of them. He had had four eggs there this time so knew he was in for a long night.

Liam smiled sadly at Jace and sat in bed taking Jaces' hand so he could place the IV in place. The abortive serum would be administered that way due to him having more than one or two eggs to expell that night.

"we'll do this, this way this time around, it will be better for you by the amount of eggs" he said as he inserted the IV and later hooked Jace up to the bag of abortive serum "you'll start cramping in some twenty minutes or so"

Jace smiled sadly at Liam and nodded feeling the tears well in his eyes again. He wiped at them quickly “So, what movies did you bring?” He asked quietly, trying to distract himself from the inevitable cramping and sadness he was going to face.

Liam cleaned his tears "hey you know you can cry... And you know you'll be a dad one day" he said gently rubbing Jaces back as the dripper began to administer the serum.

"Well I remembered you mentioned you hadn't seen any superhero movies, so I brought some so you can watch some with me" he said grinning.

Jace smiled a little at the caring touch and nodded “Okay, what superhero movie are you starting me off with?” He smiled gently. A few minutes later he could feel the serum start affecting him and whimpered quietly putting a hand on his stomach taking deep breaths to try and help with the pain.

He smiled gently at Liam trying to mask the cramping. When the movie was in he laid down a little, trying to relax and watch it but the cramping was a little distracting as well as thoughts that he had failed again, five times with not one success was well above average and it devastated him. He looked over to Liam who was sitting in a chair “Would…I know…I know it’s probably unprofessional but…but could you come and be a big spoon for me?” He asked embarrassed. Many other men in the facility had a partner who couldn’t get them pregnant so when they weren’t successful they had someone to hold them when they cried and were in pain and as Jace was alone he didn’t have that and he just wanted some human physical contact at the moment.

"I'm not really sure. I just asked my friend to hand me over whatever we had about superheroes" he said as he stood up to go play the movie.

He sat on a chair next to the bed and looked over at Jace when he made that request. He nodded and smiled, getting in bed with the farmer and hugging him.
He understood it was a very emotional moment. "how bad are the cramps this time around?"

Jace felt more relaxed when he had Liam’s arms around him and pushed himself back into him so he was flush against his body. He could feel the tears start falling, the fact he wasn’t pregnant again, the pain in his stomach, that Liam, the man he had been crushing on for the last five months, was wrapped around him but he was in such pain, physically and emotionally, that he couldn’t even truly enjoy it.

He started to sob into the pillow, trying to not make too much noise “It hurts” he said between his silent sobs “It’s the worst cramping I’ve had but it doesn’t hurt nearly as much as not having a baby again, what if I am broken?” He cried brokenly.

Liam felt bad he couldn't be of more aid that just being there for him. He sighted at Jace's question. "before you had your first round we do an infertility test to make due you're capable of carrying. You're not infertile if that's what you're worried about. Sometimes it's a bit of luck and being in the right mindset. You need it be truly calm to be able to concive, if you're worried and tense that reflects too in your body and your body chemistry. I... Actually have a suggestion for that "he said not sure if he was overstepping his boundaries." I think the clinic makes you very tense, even if this part looks like an apartment. "