C The farmer’s child

Jace let go of his stomach as soon as he said sonogram and put his hands behind his back taking deep breaths to try and calm himself with the new stretching pain “M-maybe it’s because there was so many eggs” he said softly

"no... It's not that" Liam said and grinned as he imagined what may be happening. He placed cold gel over the abdomen and began to move the wand to find what he was looking for. "there you go... See here Jace? An egg is fertilized. The tightness and bloatness you feel is a sac forming around the fertilized egg" he said keeping the wand in place "that's a baby forming right there"

Jace looked at the screen in shock and disbelief “R-really?” He asked shakily feeling tears fall down his cheeks quickly “One of them fertilised?” He said sniffling a little and wiping at his cheeks messily “I’m going to have a baby? Does that mean I’m going to have a baby? Why do you make us wait a couple days before you check them if it’s so quick?”

"well not every patient notices conception as you did now and..." he sighted "sometimes it happens but it can not stick. I'll have to be monitoring you and baby to make sure he or she sticks around. But it seems healthy as it's already forming a sac"

Jace bit his lip and nodded “So, this is probably the best case scenario for now but don’t get my hopes up too high because something might happen in the next few days, right?” He asked curiously biting his lip a little and trying to remain confident over the next couple of days until Liam asked him to lay down for another ultrasound. He felt his hands shake a little as he sat back down on the bed looking over at Liam “What if it didn’t stick?” He asked gently

Liam sighted "it can happen if the embryo doesn't develops well, but yours seems healthy tight now. To calm you we will keep the sonogram running okay? So you can see the embryo is healthy and developing quickly" he said to calm down Jace as he didn't needed him to stress out as that could harm the child

Jace bit his lip lightly “Sorry, I know I shouldn’t be stressing out but this is the first time it’s been really close to actually happening, the first time where there’s been a sign that it might take” he smiled nervously.

Liam smiled and ran the sonogram for a whole twenty minutes to calm Jace down. He later aided the farmer to lower his legs "it has taken, so don't worry just rest now all you can. Having an embryo developing inside you burns a lot of energy as you're supplying it with it" he said and kissed his forehead with affection

Jace felt his cheeks redden at the affectionate kiss and looked up at Liam smiling gently before nodding “Okay, so rest up” he laughed softly and sighed in relief as his legs were put back down before wiping the gel off his stomach and then closing his eyes to nap for a while.

Three days later, Liam was again performing a sonogram to verify the baby and father were all right.

He noticed Liam's belly wasn't so swollen as before actually it had returned to its usual size yet there was a very subtle bump. Liam's suspicions were right. As Liam laid with his arms behind his head and he ran the sonogram, the embryo was there growing and the rest of the unfertilized eggs had been absorbed to serve as energy for the baby.

"see? Your baby is fine. I told you it'd be okay this time"

Liam smiled brightly at the screen “I’m going to have a baby” he said softly feeling his hands shake a little from excitement. “Thank you, you don’t understand how much this means to me” he said softly looking at Liam as tears fell down his cheeks.

"you don't have to thank me. I guess I'll see you for your next appointment?" he said reLkxingorhey wouldn't be seeing each other as often now.

Jace swallowed roughly and nodded sitting up. He was going to miss having Liam around the house and he knew Marley was too. He wiped his stomach free of the gel before standing and wrapping his arms around Liam in a tight hug.

(sorry I had a personal problem and couldn't log in to rp)

Liam felt warm all over as Jace embraced him in that manner. He had gotten so used in the past months to be around Jace almost every day that it was now strange the thought of not having him there. "I'll see you and your baby in a month... Besides you have this little paradise all to yourself you won't even know I'm gone. Yet don't overwork yourself and take care of you, you're now a dad, okay?"

(That’s okay, I’ve been in the same boat this last week and a half and just haven’t felt up to rping myself)

Jace smiled brightly pulling back from the hug, barely a few inches away from Liam and swallowed roughly at how close they were. “Y-yeah” he said taking a step back “I’m sure I will notice” he smiled gently “I’ll try to be careful but the animals need to be fed” he grinned

**two months later ***

I'm the clinic there was always so much work to be done. The buzz of work kept Liam busy, yet he found himself looking for Jace in what had been his apartment suite while he was ingressed for his conception treatments. It felt weird to see other men use that room, but he got used to it.

Jace had a while life of his own back in the country and he imagined he hasn't even thought of the nurse that worked on the clinic. Much less now that he was pregnant.

Pregnant patients would come once a month for checks, they would be tended to in the out patient wing where there was a nice waiting room, smaller examination rooms with all the equipment a doctor would need and a laboratory for running tests.

Jace had missed Liam, every morning he had cooked breakfast he had automatically gone to ask Liam if he wanted some before realising he wasn’t there. Slowly he stopped doing that but missing him was still very real, he knew Marley missed him too, she often went and got on the bed Liam used curling up on the pillow.

Jace had made the long trip into the city for his two month checkup, his belly a little more than bloated now, if he wore a reasonably tight shirt you could tell he was pregnant. His emotions had been going up and down and he was a little worried about seeing Liam, unsure if he would burst into tears or get aroused, he hoped he could just stay somewhat normal.

He signed in at the front desk and sat in one of the plastic chairs to wait for his name to be called. He looked at the others in the room, men between a couple of months like him and men who looked like their babies were about to almost rip out of them, that’s how huge they were. He chewed his lip nervously just trying to focus on something specific as he looked around the room.

The nurse at the front desk called Jace's name "the doctor will be seeing you in room 308 . Otds just down the corner here" she said pointing to where he had to go.

Liam was today in the outpatient ward even if he was usually assigned to the inpatients apartments as he was good with extensive and primal care. But today it was very busy with the outpatients and he was called.

"Jace? You're the patient?"he asked surprised as he saw the farmer enter the room.

The clinic was top tear that mean sheets were changed in the examination bed for every patient. It was not a mattress covered in paper towels that they would just change and Liam had must only changed the sheets and laid a yellow hospital gown just ironed for the father that was to be examined.

Jace thanked the nurse at the front desk following her instructions and entered the room. He smiled brightly when he saw Liam and quickly walked up to him giving him a hug “Hey Liam!” He said stepping back smiling widely. “How have you been? I’ve missed you” he said before blushing a little at what he had said

Jace looked around the room and sighed a little in relief, it seemed a lot more private than the other room in the original clinic. He went to the bed and picked up the gown holding it up “I’m going to assume I have to be wearing this” he grinned a little before going to the bathroom and changing.

Liam smiled and hugged Jace and smiled brightly "I've missed you as well" he said and let go of him to let Jace explore the gown.

This room was very small just big enough for the bed and equipment needed for a prenatal check. "you're assuming correctly. I'm afraid to ask you once more to undress fully and just wear that." he said and waited for him to go change "the doctor will be with you soon" promised.