Reported Post Etiquette
Hello, every one.

In light of the massive amounts of spambots we've been dealing with lately, I want to again address the issue of reporting posts.

I know it's been very frustrating, seeing all those nonsensical ads taking over the board, but I want to remind every one again that while there is not always a mod available to deal with a spammer immediately, we are diligently dealing with this problem.

We are very aware of which posts are advertising and spam, and which are real posts. We WILL delete them, as soon as we are available to do so.

We CANNOT ban a user simply because we suspect they might be a spambot. We do know that most spambots have user IDs consisting mostly of gibberish combinations of words, but that is not enough to ban some one outright, until they make a post.

While I understand that you want to do something about this and can't and that reporting the spam posts is all you can do, it's not necessary. Again, we WILL get rid of both the spammers and their posts as soon as we are able, and -I am only speaking for myself, of course- reading the reported posts sometimes makes more work for the mods.

I ask that you please be patient as we deal with this.

Thank you!

-Buggy
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...

Messages In This Thread
Reported Post Etiquette - by Buggy Girl - 09-03-2012, 12:15 PM
RE: Reported Post Etiquette - by TheKicking - 09-03-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Reported Post Etiquette - by Buggy Girl - 12-31-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Reported Post Etiquette - by SwollenBellyEnvy - 01-03-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: Reported Post Etiquette - by TheKicking - 01-05-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Reported Post Etiquette - by xHappyBumpx - 04-28-2014, 03:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PM Etiquette TheKicking 5 22,251 01-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Last Post: TheKicking