Closed Young Gods
[Closed w/ SazzyP260]
Patting Ocean's hand softly as he stroked his distended abdomen, Desmond leaned his head back to take Ocean's lips in a soft kiss. "Oh yes, I put all the blame on you," Desmond teased him with a light grin. "It's all your fault our boys are nice and healthy and everything's going well." He kissed him again with a roll of his eyes, feeling the activity of their twins beneath their hands. "I think I can manage for a little while longer, they'll be here before you know it and we'll be missing the days they were still inside me and weren't able to cry." His stomach growled at the idea of breakfast and Desmond nodded at Ocean's question. "Yeah I could definitely eat a bit for breakfast this morning."

With a little help from Ocean, Desmond was able to push himself out of bed, rubbing at his back once he was upright. "I could probably use a shower too after breakfast, don't need to give my mother any reason to think I'm not taking care of myself." Desmond rubbed gently at his swollen belly with another yawn before going into the kitchen with Ocean. Desmond had gotten to be a pretty decent cook since Ocean had been working so often, taking it upon himself to have at least a nice meal for him when he got home late at night.
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Ocean followed his fiance into the kitchen and smiled fondly "You smell fine to me." He commented idly as he started grabbing the eggs, bread, and a few other things for their breakfast, lining everything up so Desmond could pick what he wanted to make them "Actually, you smell like sex and sweat. Perhaps a shower is a good idea." He shrugged a shoulder and smirked -he couldn't help himself, truly. He was so turned on by Desmond that it was hard to keep his hands off of him, and when he got too touchy-feely, of course it led to much more than just touching. "Do you need any help or do you want me to just get out of the way?" It was no secret, at all, that Ocean sucked at cooking beyond all belief.
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

A laugh escaped Desmond at Ocean's words, shaking his head lightly. "Yeah I'd rather not have my mom comment about how I smell like sex and sweat and question whether or not I became a stripper after University like she'd always feared." Desmond looked over the ingredients that Ocean was getting out, trying to decide on what he wanted for breakfast this morning-- Or rather what the twins wanted for breakfast. Deciding on simple scrambled eggs and toast, Desmond got to work on cracking the eggs into a bowl. Reaching over to pinch Ocean's ass beforehand however, he motioned towards the bathroom. "Perhaps you should go ahead and take a shower first so we don't end up coming out of the shower smelling like sex together later."

"I don't think that's even possible. Coming out of the shower smelling like sex..." He shrugged and turned, leaning down to kiss Desmond "Be careful of your ass-pinching. You might get yourself in trouble, and no one likes burnt eggs or toast." He grinned and reached to playfully swat Desmond's ass before he headed off to take his shower. Clothes were stripped as he went and he definitely gave Desmond a nice view of his ass, which he promptly slapped, before disappearing into the bathroom.

Whilst Ocean was there, bubbles started floating and dancing around Desmond, causing a hindrance to the action of making breakfast. Mostly because every few seconds, said bubbles would slap Desmond in the face, crash into the stove, or just be generally chaotic in nature. Whichever twin was making the bubbles was clearly living up to his nickname of a troublemaker.

Having at least one child with the ability to control water and loving to playfully do so even while inside Desmond was trouble when it came to day-to-day activities. He'd long gotten used to the water bubbles occasionally being floated and tossed about around him, the actions had drastically increased since the first time one of their twins had shown their abilities after the raid in The Underground. It took Desmond a little longer than usual to finish cooking but thankfully he didn't burn or overcook anything, and he had the plates full and on the table waiting before Ocean even finished in the bathroom.

Desmond turning, going towards the fridge for his typical orange juice to set out at the table when suddenly, before he could touch it, the fridge door opened on it's own. He looked around wondering if it had been caused by one of the water bubbles one of the twins loved to use so much but found no water around the door. That was definitely telekinesis, not water manipulation. "Uh...Blue?" Desmond called out, knowing Ocean would have left the bathroom door open so he could hear if Desmond needed anything. "You didn't open the fridge door did you?"

Ocean had just stepped out of the shower, towel around his waist and water being sloshed back into the tub so it could drain with the rest of it "What? No... Why would I open the fridge when I'm not even in there?" He called back, towel drying his blue locks quickly and sighing. "What's going on, babe? Is one of the kids playing tricks on you again?" He found his boxers and slid into them before coming out, towels being set down so he could join Desmond "What's up?"

Grabbing the bottle of orange juice from the open fridge, Desmond set it down on the table just in time to see Ocean walk in in nothing but his boxers. "I went to get the orange juice and the fridge door opened for me before I had a chance to grab it. There wasn't any water bubbles around so I don't think it was their usual tricks." This time he was going to the cupboard to get glasses out of the cupboard for the juice, it happened again with the exact cupboard door Desmond was reaching for as if whichever twin that was doing it knew exactly what he needed. Pointing at the now open cupboard door, Desmond turned back to Ocean with a surprised expression. "See? Did you see that?!"

Ocean had the same expression, honestly. He knew Desmond didn't have those types of abilities, and really, so far, they had only seen water bubbles and rivers of water from one of their twins. This was all new to them. "Okay... I promise, it wasn't me." He hadn't even been concentrating on the cupboard, he was watching Desmond waddle around. He stared at the cupboard now and his brows furrowed slightly "So, either the other twin is finally exhibiting his powers and displaying them for us... Or the twin that has the water power, also has telekinetic powers..." He rubbed his slightly stubbled blue jaw and sighed quietly "What about your parents? Neither of them have telekinesis or even invisibility powers, right? I mean, there isn't a chance of them being in the room right now, right...?"

Desmond shook his head, grabbing the cup from the open cupboard before closing it and sitting at the table where breakfast had been set up. "No, definitely no invisibility powers thank God. I don't think I would have survived childhood." Pouring the orange juice into his cup and leaving the bottle on the table in case Ocean wanted the juice rather than coffee, Desmond finally sat at the table and took a sip. "Mom's ability is similar to mine but she manipulated music, probably why she babies me so much. My older brother got my dad's ability which is telepathy so...you know...don't think about anything too inappropriate while they're here." He raised an eyebrow over the glass he was drinking from as he teased before chuckling lightly and starting to eat the scrambled eggs and toast in front of him.

Ocean followed his fiance to the table, coffee mug in hand "So, I guess one of our kids was opening things up for you. Helpful, in some cases." He shrugged and sat down, smiling a little "It's knowledge, but it's also conflicting. Was it the child who can summon bubbles and rivers of water? Or was it the other one? There's the possible chance of our kids having two, or more, powers, simply because of my genetics... Which is daunting." He rubbed a hand over his face and exhaled slowly "Can we handle two babies, who potentially have two powers all their own...?"

Desmond shrugged while he finished chewing the mouthful of eggs he had, swallowing it down with a mouthful of orange juice. "Probably not," he admitted with a slight chuckle. It would be just their luck too, not that Desmond would think any badly about it even if it was going to wear them out quickly keeping up with the possibility. He loved Ocean and if that meant having kids with unique looks or two different abilities each he'd take it in stride. "If they do then it will be an even better reason to stay in The Underground, we'll have access to Elementary and Middle Schools for kids like them." At that his phone buzzed and he picked it up off the table where he'd set it earlier, groaning when he read the message. "They'll be here in an hour and a half."

Ocean chuckled and reached over, gently squeezing Desmond's hand "It'll be okay. We knew we would have to do this eventually." He leaned over and kissed Desmond lightly "Come on. You have just enough time to finish breakfast and for me to sit in the bathroom while you and the twins take a shower." He got up, not really having touched his food -his nerves too much to handle eating at the moment. Plate was put aside in favor of pouring more coffee, which he blamed Desmond for getting him hooked on "Tell me more about your parents... So I can be prepared for them. Are they bringing your siblings? I mean... We don't have a whole lot of space and it's not like there is any sort of hotels around here."

Working on finishing his breakfast, Desmond watched as Ocean poured more coffee into his mug with a roll of his eyes. "Well I've only got one older brother," he explained when his mouth wasn't full. "He's a single dad so he couldn't really take the time off to come out to see us this time but he promises to try and get out here eventually. But trust me, it'll be crazy enough with just my parents." Finally finishing his plate pretty easily, trying to eat small meals here and there throughout the day to prevent himself from feeling too full or bloated-- anymore than he already was anyway. Taking his plate to the sink to clean later, Desmond rubbed his back as he made his way to the bathroom with Ocean following behind him, his walk most definitely more of a waddle at this point.

"My mom stayed at home when we were kids, her job was mostly taking care of my brother and I," Desmond went on, trying to describe his parents while stripping out of his pajamas in the bathroom so he could take a shower. "She started working after I went off to university at a bank. Dad's a CEO, he's bounced from company to company depending on where he's needed. They make pretty good money so they'll probably bring quite a bring of baby stuff with them even though she promised she didn't go 'overboard'." He made air quotes with his fingers with a roll of his eyes before turning on the water to the right temperature and stepping in. "Also because I'm the youngest my mom can be a little over protective and babying towards me so uh...be prepared for her."

"That's... that's great." They needed baby stuff but he didn't like the fact that people - mind you, Desmond's parents - would be bringing stuff "I hope they don't know that we're sorely lacking a lot of essentials still. I feel like I'm failing as a father enough, I don't need to feel worse by them being able to afford the things that we really can't." He sat on the toilet seat and sighed, closing his eyes and running a hand through his blue hair.

"I don't mind the babying... Or the coddling... or any of that stuff, really. As long as no one tries it on me. I've never had parents, and while I'm sure your parents are great... I don't need parental affections," he paused, blinking, as he looked over at the shower and the silhouette of his boyfriend and their growing twins "I'm afraid I won't know how to be a parent... That I won't know what I'm doing, when the time gets here, that I won't understand any of it... because I never experienced it myself. What if I don't know how to make them happy, Dezzy?"

"Trust me, I'm pretty sure my parents are going to be surprised we have the stuff that we do." Desmond started lathering up his hair with shampoo as he talked through the curtain to Ocean standing just outside. "Getting ready for a kid can be hard for people who plan it let alone people like us. We're flying by the seat of our pants here but I think we've done pretty freakin' well." He sighed, washing the shampoo from his hair as he finished up his shower. "Besides, my brother had a kid three years ago and he's had to raise my nephew by himself. My parents are just a little worried that I'm following in his footsteps. He's done alright for himself, but we all watched him struggle to get where they are now. A lot of that is thanks to my parents for helping him take care of my nephew if he needed the help, and they just want to make sure we have everything we need too."

When he heard Ocean's fears of not being a good parent, Desmond turned the water off and grabbed a towel as he carefully stepped out of the bathtub, one hand on the wall. "You've already proven yourself to be a great father and they're not even here yet," Desmond assured him, moving to kiss Ocean despite the fact that he was still dripping water here and there. "You always do everything you can to make sure they're okay even if it's the little things like cleaning up the water off the floor when you take a shower so I don't slip. There's no perfect way to be a parent, Blue."

Like now. He was already levitating water off of the floor and back into the tub so Desmond didn't slip "I suppose that's true." He stated quietly, kissing Desmond back before standing up and walking with him into the bedroom. He helped his fiance sit down and then proceeded to help dry him off, he knew it wasn't easy and knew that Desmond couldn't stand without pain "I hope you know, though, that I'm learning how to be a parent simply by watching you. I don't have a role model like that in my life, and Monsoon doesn't count. He taught me how to master my water manipulation, he did not raise me."

Once Desmond was dry, Ocean went over and grabbed the outfit that had been set out previously and he helped Desmond get that and his shoes on before helping him stand up "Do you think your parents are going to like me?" He asked as he and Desmond shuffled back to the common area. He settled Desmond on the couch, and just before he was about to sit himself, there was an overly enthusiastic knock on the door. "That must be them." He kissed Desmond's forehead before he headed over to the door and opened it up, smiling at the couple on the other side.

Desmond turned from his position on the couch, not bothering to get up again after having been sat down, and sure enough his parents were at the door. Elle and Nicholas Coyote looked like every other normal couple on the street, pretty average with nothing special or unique standing out about them. Desmond's father was a tall aging man with a gentle face and a peppering of gray in his dark hair similar to Desmond's, his arm around his wife's waist. His mother, quite a bit shorter than his father, stood close to him with a smile on her face. Her hair was a light blonde, starkly different from Desmond's natural hair color, but her eyes were almost identical to the fiery color of her young son's.

Smiling at the young man at the door, Elle waved her hand lightly in greeting. "Hello," she greeted, her voice naturally soft and musical. "You must be Ocean, Desmond's told me all about you."

"Hey mom, dad," Desmond greeted from the couch. "Yeah, this is Ocean. Ocean, this is my mom, Elle, and my dad, Nick."

Ocean returned the handwave and smiled as he gestured the couple in "Please, come in." He stood aside so they could do just that. He quickly got out of the way so Elle could go bombard her son, which neither of them were really surprised by it. "Nick, it's nice to finally meet you. Wish we could have done so much sooner than now, but sooner is better than never." He smiled warmly and held his hand out to Nick.

Nick obliged the young man, shaking his hand. He stared at him critically for a while and all he could hear was 'Don't think about sex, don't think about sex, don't think about sex.' coming from Ocean's mind. He wasn't entirely enthusiastic about it, but he gave a nod of his head before moving to the couch "Desmond, my son!" He grinned and came over, settling on the other side of Desmond "You look gorgeous, son."

Ocean banged his head off the door, groaning quietly "Great job, idiot." He whispered to himself, sighing as he finally shut the door and headed to sit on the chair near to the couch.

Looking over at Ocean with a sympathetic smile while he got attacked at both sides by his parents who sat on either side of him, Desmond shifted slightly in his seat to get more comfortable glad to have been sitting down already when they arrived. Elle was already running her fingers through his hair while telling him how good his skin looked and how pleased she was to see that he seemed to be taking good care of himself. Meanwhile his father looked around the apartment, taking in it's state and size before nodding approvingly. "This place isn't bad for now," his father commented. "But it's a university apartment isn't it? You won't be able to keep it forever."

Desmond rolled his eyes, leaning back against the couch. "We know, both of us have enough money for a down payment on a new place but we're going to stay here while we can and keep saving." His father seemed to approve of the answer Desmond gave and nodded approvingly.

Looking at the swell of her son's belly, Elle looked at Desmond expectantly. "May I?" Desmond shrugged with a nod as his mother reached a hand out to where the twins were being as active as always. "I can't believe you two are having twin boys," his mother cooed before looking between Desmond and Ocean, her fiery eyes stopping at the blue haired boy. "Have you two decided on any names?" Desmond appreciated his mother attempting to pull Ocean back into the conversation instead of feeling like an outsider on the chair.

Ocean had definitely been feeling like a bit of a social outcast, but he was glad for Elle, smiling as he looked over at her. Just the mere thought of the twins, and their names, put stars in those deep blue eyes "Yes. We have names for them, actually. River and Rayne McKenzie." He loved their names more than he could have imagined, proud to say them whenever someone asked "We don't know who is who, yet, obviously, but River got his name from causing a river of water that carried me when I collapsed from exhaustion, and Rayne got his name from the bubbles of water that sprout up from time to time-" speaking of the occurrence clearly gave one of the two twins permission to do so, as bubbles of water randomly appeared and started dancing around the room "This is our daily life. Bubbles of water just randomly floating around."