Closed Young Gods
[Closed w/ SazzyP260]
Desmond would have had to have been blind to have missed the obvious deterioration in Ocean's condition as they approached the dorms. The arm around his waist became more for support than anything else and he took it upon himself to raise it up over his shoulder instead. Desmond was strong enough to take on most of Ocean's weight as they reached the door to his single room dorm. He took a moment to fiddle around and unlock it before leading Ocean inside and straight to the bed before going back to shut and lock the door.

"What the hell did you do to yourself, Blue?" He asked softly, motioning for Ocean to lean back against the bed, while waiting for an explanation before he could figure out what he could do to help.
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Ocean very carefully settled on Desmond's bed, pulling off his jacket, the hoodie, and the shirt that was underneath. Three layers of clothes were there, mostly to protect and pad his body "Told you... I was training." He was littered in bruises, some older than others, though all were object-shaped rather than fist-shaped "Something has been terribly wrong with just my telekinetic powers..." He inhaled deeply and stared at something on Desmond's floor, seconds later the object rose, wobbled, and then shot across the room - luckily it wasn't anything direly important "The objects... They keep doing that... All of this started when... when you started pulling away from me..." He slowly moved to lay on the bed, clothes falling to the floor and eyes shutting "I don't blame you, but... I don't know what else to say, Des... This started when you stopped talking to me... My telekinetics were getting better when we were together..."
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Swallowing the lump in his throat at the sight of the bruises littering Ocean's body, Desmond stepped forward and traced a finger lightly across one of the older bruises as some of the newer ones looked almost too painful to touch. "Jesus," he muttered under his breath, his other hand coming up to run through Ocean's deep blue hair. "You shouldn't have pushed yourself too hard if you thought something was wrong." Leaning forward to press his lips to the other boy's forehead. "Anyway, you're here now," Desmond assured him, lips still pressed against his skin. "Relax, okay?" There was the twinge of guilt again at the idea of Ocean's telekinesis going haywire due to the distance Desmond had put between him. "Sorry I've been such a selfish little shit," he spoke, finally pulling away from Ocean to give him a cheeky grin.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Dezzy the Stripper- I mean, Singer." He smiled up at the other, reaching to gently cup his cheek, fingers lightly curling against that soft skin "It's okay... Not all of this is your fault. I should have stopped when I realized it wasn't working the way it was supposed too. You're right." Ocean slowly sat up again and pressed a tender, loving little kiss to Desmond's cheek "I'm insanely stubborn, though, Desmond Coyote. I thought if I could just push through, get over whatever love-sick hump I was experiencing, things would go back to normal..." He shook his head and laughed a little at himself "Clearly, not."

After a few minutes of simply staring into those fiery eyes, Ocean kissed Desmond again and smiled "Go on. Go get the test... Let's find out if I'm gonna be a college daddy or not." He patted Desmond's cheek lightly before carefully laying back again, closing his eyes and sighing softly "I'm serious about us. Baby or no baby... I want you, Dezzy."

A laugh escaped Desmond as he rolled his eyes, walking towards the bedside drawer where he'd stashed the tests, taking a moment to toss one of the pillows in Ocean's general vicinity but purposefully missing. "Yeah, alright, you say that now." His fingers grasped around the box that had been pushed to the very back, half of him feeling nervous and the other half feeling ridiculous. Turning back towards Ocean, he flashed his usual grin. "Just wait until the puking, weird food shit, getting fat and cranky, then baby, and more puking this time with added dirty diapers." Desmond listed off all the stereotypical negatives about being pregnant and then raised his eyebrows at Ocean as he waved the box with the pregnancy tests in the air. "Keep your fingers crossed," he added as he disappeared into the private bathroom in his dorm. Though for which outcome they were crossing for he left hanging unspoken in the air.

Ocean didn't know what he was crossing his fingers for, either, but he did cross them. Maybe he was just hoping for the relationship with Desmond, because the other still hadn't said either direction, where they were going from here. "There are a lot of positives to having a baby too, you know? Otherwise people wouldn't do it regularly... And have multiple children..." Ocean called in the general direction of where Desmond went. "Unconditional Love, Years of laughter and cuddles... It's not all bad."

Ocean closed his eyes and exhaled slowly, visions of him and Desmond raising a family together just floating in his mind. It was peaceful, serene, it was exactly what he envisioned would happen if things were what they were. Just daydreaming about things was amazing. Though, of course, having his eyes closed and the pain coursing through him still, he eventually kind of just drifted off, curled up around Desmond's pillow, face burrowed in the soft object.

Ocean's words were a small comfort as Desmond opened the box and took out one of the three tests. Kids were fun that much was true-- his older brother, five years his senior, already had a kid of his own and Desmond had spent a lot of time with his nephew. Of course he wanted to keep what he had with Ocean, that carefree togetherness, and despite Ocean's reassurances he still worried a baby might change it. Hell, Desmond had already almost fucked things up just because he'd been worried about whether or not he was pregnant.

Speaking of, he shook himself from his thoughts and eventually pissed on the damn test. Placing the cap back on and the test on top of the box it had come in, Desmond washed his hands and returned to the bedroom to wait with Ocean. However, when he got there, he found Ocean passed out on top of the blankets with his face buried in Desmond's pillow. Smiling lightly at the sight, Desmond grabbed an extra blanket from the closet and carefully slid Ocean out of his shoes before covering him with it. He spent a few moments watching Ocean sleep, happy that the other boy could relax after seeing the state he'd been in. He made a mental note to offer Ocean an Advil or something when he woke before remembering the test in the bathroom.

Taking a deep breath he walked back in and picked the test up off the box, eyes immediately going to the results. And there it was a great big fat + on the little screen in the middle. "Fuck..." he muttered, looking up into his own face in the mirror. It wasn't that he was disappointed really, it was just the reality of the whole thing settling in. The hand not holding the test rubbed lightly at his abdomen in thought as he bit his lip before setting the test back on top of the box and returning to the bedroom. He decided against waking Ocean up, preferring him to get some rest, and instead sat at his desk and flipped through the bio notes he'd missed today that he'd convinced another student to let him borrow.

As Ocean slept, in what otherwise seemed a peaceful rest, things started floating around the room. It was all small stuff, pencils, erasers, balled up pieces of paper. Everything seemed to gravitate in Ocean's direction, and of course, after a few minutes of hovering above the boy, they fell on top of him. Each item made Ocean flinch as if he were being hit by something harder and heavier, but he otherwise didn't wake up.

This went on for the hours that he did sleep, the most sleep he had gotten in weeks. He yawned and stretched a little, cursing when pain soared through his body yet again. Eyes opened and he looked around the room, smiling when he saw Desmond "Hey..." His voice was deep and roughened from sleep as he got up and made his way over to the other boy, arms wrapping around him, head lowering to kiss the back of Desmond's head "How did our other test go? Pass or Fail?" He asked as he lowered a hand to flip through the Bio notes that Desmond was presently studying.

Desmond had winced every time one of the items hit Ocean in his sleep, there were a couple of times when he'd had to actually grab the pen he was using out of the air when it attempted to make it's way to the sleeping boy. He'd wanted to wake Ocean up, worried that perhaps he was having a nightmare or something was wrong, but he didn't wake up to the objects striking him and seemed pretty content otherwise. Focusing on the notes he'd hardly noticed when objects stopped floating and Ocean had woken up until he heard the deep sleep-ridden voice behind him. "Welcome back, Sleeping Beauty." He went to turn and greet Ocean back but found himself wrapped up in a hug. Watching the tattooed hand reaching down to flip through the notes he'd been looking at, Desmond turned his head upward so his eyes could meet the dark blue of Ocean's eyes.

"That depends on what you consider a pass or fail," Desmond answered with an airy breath of laughter. He took Ocean's hand away from the notes and held it in his as he turned in his chair to be able to be face to face with him. Taking a quick kiss from the other boy he gave the hand in his a light squeeze as he shrug with an unsure smile. "Anyway...looks like you are gonna be a college daddy after all."

Ocean smiled and kissed Desmond back, "Yeah?" His grin seemed to only grow wider as he crouched down, leveling himself with Desmond a little more "That's good news, Dez... We're gonna have a baby together." He gently settled a hand on the other's stomach, thumb slipping under the material of the other's shirt to rub that smooth expanse of flat skin. He settled on the ground in front of Desmond and sighed, laying his head on the other's knees "This is perfect. I am so, so happy." That much was obvious, the smile on his face seemed pretty permanent right now.

Dark blue eyes scanned around the dorm and he sighed quietly, looking up at Desmond "We're gonna have to consider moving...We can not raise a baby in the dorms. Neither of our rooms are big enough, none of the dorm rooms are big enough for this..." He kept rubbing Desmond's stomach though, "We'll have to move into the apartments... A two bedroom at least..." He looked up at Desmond, biting on his bottom lip a little "Do you want to live with me? Do you want... us to be a thing? You, Me and Baby make three?"

At Ocean's response Desmond could almost feel all his worries slipping away, that wide smile on the blue haired boy's face contagious as hell. He placed his hand on top of Ocean's against his stomach, settling it there for a moment before standing and placing both his hands against the sides of Ocean's face, kissing him deeply. When he pulled away the grin on his face returned quickly and he shook his head with an airy laugh. "I'm really happy that you're happy," he told the one who was quickly becoming less of a fuck buddy and more of a lover. "But we've still got plenty of time to worry about that, right?" He felt silly for being worried about the news tearing them apart when he saw Ocean like this, and though he was sure there would probably be bumps along the road he was more than willing to try his hardest for them. The three of them.

Seeing Ocean biting at his lip, seeming a bit uncharacteristically nervous, Desmond couldn't help but kiss him again. "You better stick around," he joked with a smile, though it was clear that he was also being serious. "I'm not doing this shit by myself." Smiling getting gentler and more serious, Desmond gave Ocean a nod. "But yeah, I want the both of you."

He easily stood up with Desmond, arms wrapping around the other's skinny waist and holding him close "Well hot damn. Looks like we just went from the occasional fuckers to the full-time lovers." He grinned and dipped to kiss Desmond again. "I am definitely not leaving your side now... Do you know we're about to raise a little hellion? God knows what his powers will be..." He shook his head and kissed the top of Desmond's head lightly "Lot of shits about to change, Dezzy... The only constant I want though, is you and our kid..." He rested his head on top of Desmond's and smiled softly "We have to go to the doctor's eventually, don't we? I mean... You know... to make sure things are okay? I've never actually done this before... It's a new one on me. There is so much we *have* to do, and I'm not even sure how to do half of it."

"You're not sure?" Desmond chuckled with a shake of his head. "Trust me, we're both going to be learning as we go." As the youngest in his family Desmond had no experience with babies. Sure he saw his nephew every once in a while but that was only for a couple hours at a time and if he needed anything important his parents were there to help him. One thing Ocean was right about however was that in about a year or more they were definitely going to be raising a little hellion. Desmond really hoped their kid would grow up with Ocean's personality, he didn't know if he could handle a tiny version of himself. "We will probably have to visit a doctor soon though, yeah. The only thing is do we see the university's doctor and have mediocre care and every student knowing within a couple weeks or sneak out to the city for a proper examination? Oh...and I'll probably have to start working again. I've heard kids are not cheap."

Ocean made his way back to the bed, though he brought Desmond with him as he settled down and laid back "I would rather go to the city and find out... but that poses risks in itself..." He rested his hand on Desmond's thigh and lightly rubbed up and down "What if our kid manifested powers that aren't like ours? What if it electrocutes a human doctor or worse?" He looked up at Desmond and frowned a little "We have to be careful about what we do and how we do it... I can't go into the actual human city, not with my hair as it is... They frown upon these things and you know it... We'll be labeled as X-Mutants before you know it and the Hunters will be right there, Des..."

He sat up again and wrapped his arms around Desmond, kissing his temple "We have to figure out a third option for figuring our baby out..." He looked at Desmond and lifted an eyebrow "I'm fairly certain there is someone who can do this, has the power to see through things... They could do an ultrasound and stuff, but you can... Use your power to make them do it and forget their doing it, but have a repeat service every so often... right?" He hoped that made sense... He was not sure it was even possible, but there had to be *someone* out there with this type of ability. They would never get to see their child in the womb, but there had to be an alternative that didn't get them caught up by humans or hunters.

A sigh escaped Desmond as he listened to Ocean speak, knowing that everything he was saying was true. It would definitely be dangerous to go to any human doctor, even if they did have the best care. Ocean would be picked out of a crowd with his hair and eye color, Desmond's eyes may have been a little odd but he had colored contacts from when he'd been singing in clubs in order to fit in. Still that would mean him going alone into the city and eventually, as the baby grew and developed, it would show signs of having an ability and give them away. It was certainly a delicate situation they had suddenly found themselves in.

"Even if we found someone with x-ray vision I can only use my ability so many times on someone before their mind starts deteriorating." He didn't want to think about how he'd found that out, and shook his head free of the thought, instead wrapping an arm around Ocean lightly as he rested his head on his shoulder. "I could go to the city on my own," he mentioned, though he didn't meet Ocean's eyes cause the idea unsettled even him a bit. "At least a couple of times before you know...any abilities start showing."

"Absolutely not. I am not letting you go into the city alone... And I don't trust anyone in this university to go with you..." He wrapped his arms around Desmond a little tighter and kissed the top of his head. There was no way he was about to let the man of his dreams, and their child, go into the most dangerous parts. There had to be another option... He closed his eyes as he thought about it, fingers tapping on Desmond's hip lightly "No... No. What if we go to the Underground, Desmond? We can find a X-Mutant Doctor there... I know we aren't allowed to do it, but we have no other choice." He splayed his hand widely out over Desmond's stomach and then looked down at his lover "Our child deserves the proper care, and we - our kind - is the only people who can provide it... We just have to get creative with how we achieve our help."

Bringing his hand up to place it on top of Ocean's against his still flat stomach, leaving it there for a moment before wrapping his fingers between the other boy's and squeezing lightly. Desmond picked his head up and looked up into those deep blue eyes at the mention of the underground. They'd all been warned about the underground and how it was best to keep away but out of the options that were laid out in front of them it was starting to sound like the best case scenario. Bringing both their hands up to his face, his kissed the back of Ocean's hands before settling them back against the area just above his pelvis. "Our child does deserve the best," he agreed. "And I'd be willing to do anything for them to get it. The underground would be expensive though." He still had some money saved up from before university when he was still doing gigs here and there in the city, and every once in a while his mom would send money into his account even though he'd told her multiple times she didn't need to.

He sighed and rested his forehead on Desmond's, kissing him lightly "I know it's going to be expensive, Dezzy... But this is our baby." He gently rubbed Desmond's belly with his thumb "Our baby deserves to have the best care possible, given the unique circumstances." Had their child been half-human, this would not have been an issue, but the child was the product of two x-mutants, and irresponsible behaviors of college-age students. "I'll pick up some odd jobs around campus, I'll make the money we need to get our baby looked after..."

There was a long pause between one thought and the next, and he shook his head "Getting into the underground is going to be a bit tricky, too... The university monitors things like that..." He sighed and kissed Desmond again, reaching a hand up to gently hold the side of his neck "I promise we'll get there, I don't know how yet, but I promise... I'll make the money, and we get to the underground so we can see our baby and make sure it's healthy."

Pushing himself up onto one elbow so that he was laying on his side facing Ocean, Desmond raised an eyebrow with a slight grin. "You're gonna work?" he asked, a hint of humor in his voice. "What are you going to do around here?" He brought a finger up to tap at Ocean's nose, making a face. "It's been like two months since we've been seeing each other so I can't be any farther along than that. There's still a couple of months that I could pick up some gigs and get some extra money to put away." There was good money in preforming music at clubs or bars, especially with his particular ability to woo the crowd. Most of the gigs he'd done in the past had been in the city but perhaps there was something they could find in the underground. It would be dangerous if they got caught by the school but there was little else they would be able to do if they wanted to make sure the baby was healthy and growing. "If we get some money we might be able to buy some fake IDs...or maybe I already have enough. I dunno how much shit like that costs." Leaning forward he stole a kiss before standing from the bed with a slow stretch, arms above his head and back arched a bit.

"Anyway, I don't know about you but I'm starting to get a bit hungry." Moving towards the mini-fridge next to the desk, he pulled out the bag of food they had taken back from the restaurant earlier. After he'd taken the pregnancy test and come out to find Ocean asleep on the bed he'd spotted the food set aside and put it in the fridge to keep it as fresh as possible. "I'm stealing one of your carrot cakes," Desmond informed the blue haired boy with a cheeky grin. "Sorry not sorry." He pulled out one of the two boxes of carrot cake slices before setting it on the desk and taking out the box with the hamburger and fries that Ocean hadn't finished. "Do you want me to heat these up for you?"

"Definitely not the fries. You can toss those." He wrinkled his nose and shook his head "The burger you can definitely heat up... And you aren't eating that carrot cake until you have at least half of that burger." He stood up and came over, wrapping one arm around Desmond, lowering to kiss him and grinning "We need to think about getting our own place... this way we can stop spending money at the cafeteria and the restaurant... We can go out and go grocery shopping. Or... you can anyway." He still couldn't risk getting into the city for anything, but Desmond could definitely do things like that.

He settled his head on Desmond's shoulder and kissed his cheek "Tomorrow, when we're both feeling better, we'll figure our way into the underground and we'll start our search, okay? Maybe we can find you something there... Ironically, you're ten times safer working in the underground than you are in the city..." He kissed Desmond again before releasing him so he could go heat up the dinner "And, you know, if you're thinking about getting a job in the underground... The school might actually give you a work permit, this way we won't get in trouble." It would probably be supervised work at a trusted facility, but the school had their hands in a lot of pots, Desmond could certainly go somewhere.