Closed Young Gods
[Closed w/ SazzyP260]
"What?" Desmond whined, pouting at being told he couldn't have the cake until he ate half the burger. One definitely sounded better in his opinion but he supposed he could at least give it a try when his stomach didn't immediately roll at the thought. Rolling his eyes he returned the kiss and let Ocean take the box with the burger in it and walked it to the shitty microwave in the corner. "Our own place, huh? That'd be pretty damn nice, gotta admit. You can make me a list when I go shopping and I'll call you and complain about all the weirdos in the store and how there are fifteen different brands of fucking bread." Watching Ocean push in the numbers on the microwave, Desmond quietly opened the box of carrot cake on the desk, stuck his finger in, and popped it in his mouth. That was some real good carrot cake.

Sticking his tongue out at the thought of the school deciding a job for him, he did have to admit it was probably their best shot. Though it was unlikely they would allow him to sing, knowing his abilities, if it came down to making money for the baby growing inside him and the life he would be starting with Ocean he'd be willing to work as a damn cashier if necessary. "Not getting into trouble would probably be best for the time being. They'll probably be shocked if I ask them for a job, maybe think I'm actually starting to get my life together." He chuckled at the thought, sticking another finger into the cake. "Hope they won't expect this to mean I'm going to attend all my classes. You're probably right though, a job permit might be the safest way to go. Even if I'm sure the job will slowly kill me from boredom." He added the last part a bit dramatically shoving his finger with a rather large piece of cake on it into his mouth.
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

He couldn't help but to roll his eyes as he heard Desmond sneaking bites of the cake.  He shot a look over his shoulder and smiled "You just couldn't help yourself, could you?" He pulled the steaming burger from the microwave and set it aside to let it cool just a bit.  He wandered over and grasped Desmond's wrist, stopping him from shoving another bit of cake into his mouth "Control yourself, Desmond Coyote." He lowered his mouth to wrap around that finger, sucking the cake off and smirking "They make damn good cake, don't they?"

He went back to the burger and very carefully pulled two halves apart, setting the two separated portions on napkins before coming over to settle with Desmond again "Look... We will have to move out of the university dorms eventually anyway, so why not go over to the apartments that are in this odd-fuck of an invisible bubble and see if they have any places available?" He took a bite of the burger and swallowed it down, grimacing at the taste of it "Their burgers taste better fresh..." He whispered and shook his head, though he did continue eating it, mostly out of necessity "You and I could both submit the paperwork for work permits... I could possibly get a job working somewhere in the underground... I might not be great at it, but I'll try my damndest to do what I can to provide for our family... Maybe you and I can work at a bar together somewhere..."
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Desmond grinned sheepishly when he was caught, shivering lightly as Ocean sucked the cake off his finger and said his full name. Usually he was put off by people calling him by his full name but for some reason when it came out of Ocean's mouth, in that tone of voice of his, it nearly made his knees weak. Still, he did as Ocean asked and pushed aside the cake to pull the other half of the burger closer to him. Taking a bite he could definitely see what Ocean meant about how it would have been better fresher, but after having eaten nothing but half of a salad for lunch he didn't find himself caring too much. Opening the mini fridge back up, Desmond reached down and pulled out two bottles of water-- he'd started buying water after the third time coffee had made him sick. "Here." He offered one of them to Ocean before opening his own bottle and drinking nearly a third of it in one go.

Listening to Ocean talk brought that weirdly soft and easy smile to his face, a smile that didn't seem to appear around anyone else. "You're adorable, you know that?" he teased. Hearing how ready and committed Ocean was towards both him and this baby they had just found out about that afternoon brought a warmth in his chest that was hard to explain. "That'd be nice if we could work together. I'm pretty decent at making drinks and you could definitely pull off being a cute server. I hope you get a fancy uniform and everything." Desmond leaned forward and kissed Ocean's lips, running his tongue along his lip and tasting burger. "Maybe show a little skin for tips."

Ocean laughed outright and shook his head a little "And just where do you think we'll be working, approved by the school, that'll let me show off skin?" He grinned and kissed Desmond back, lightly nudging their noses together "But I'm not so sure about being a server... I was thinking bouncer." He shrugged a shoulder and ate the last of the burger before cracking the seal on the water and drinking a small portion of it "Honestly, I don't care what I get a job in, so long as I can help you provide... I don't need you being the only one who does stuff to provide for our baby." He kissed Desmond again and smiled.

Desmond raised his eyebrows with a grin as Ocean mentioned being a bouncer, giving him a wink in response. "Sexy." Watching Ocean take a swig from the water bottle, Desmond picked his burger back up and took a bite. He didn't mind working-- considering he rarely went to his classes anyway. The school was definitely bound to approve their working permits and it was possible, if they got a job in the underground, to find a way to eventually see a doctor. "Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not telling you to sit on your ass and do nothing. There's still plenty to do, though thankfully we've got a bit of time before we need to rush it. First we should get a job permit and then look for any openings in the apartments around here." Popping the last bite of burger into his mouth he wiped his fingers on the napkin and took another large sip of water.

[Two Weeks Later:]

After making the decision that they would get work permits and find a new place to live so they could raise their family, Ocean and Desmond were able to get the help they needed from the university.  They were both hired at the same bar, aptly named 'The Underground Pub'.  Desmond was, of course, bartending since he had knowledge in that, but the owner of the bar also gave the young man the opportunity to sing one night a week to make extra money.  Ocean was the one who was having troubles fitting in.  He had tried to bartend with Desmond, but after dropping one to many glasses, the owner set him off to be a server instead, that only lasted a few days, and it was Ocean's wish to not serve drinks - he was okay with flirting, but after being unnecessarily groped a time to often, he told the owner that he just didn't feel entirely comfortable with that.  So, he was now just taking drink and food orders.  He didn't have to stand anywhere near the patrons, just close enough that he could hear their orders, and that was it.

Unfortunately, Ocean was not so great at this particular job, either.  Or, so the wait staff thought.  They constantly ridiculed Ocean, telling him that he needed to improve but never telling him what needed improvement.  It was clearly affecting Ocean.  After moving back in with Desmond, Ocean's telekinetic powers had started straightening out.  That was until the switch in jobs.  They had just finished moving into the new apartment a few days prior - the same day that Ocean was placed in the order taking position - and the nights were filled with Ocean curled up against Desmond, but objects constantly floating around the room and raining down on top of Ocean as he slept.

Tonight they were at work again, Ocean was busy bustling around and taking orders from the rowdy crowd.  Desmond was doing his job, and the servers were ridiculing Ocean's work yet again. Words flew rapidly "Pick up the pace, slacker!" "You need to be better at this, Waterboy!" "Your handwriting sucks!" All things, and more, were hollered at Ocean, who simply just kept his head down, wrote the orders, put them in, and kept on going.  A few times he caught Desmond's eye, but he couldn't look at him long enough to even let him know he was struggling with verbal abuse being rained down on him.

Desmond would never admit it but working was actually a lot more difficult than he'd thought it would be when they first talked about it. It wasn't that his job was particularly challenging, he knew what he was doing and he was rather good at it, it was what his progressing pregnancy was doing to his body. If he thought he was tired before it was worse now, napping at random times throughout the day when they weren't working-- more than usual anyway. That, on top of his multiple trips to the bathroom to either puke or piss and his pants that didn't quite fit as nicely as they used to, could make him rather irritable. At least it wasn't anything noticeable yet, and he did his best to keep his emotions in check while at work leading him to be rather quiet most of the night, busying himself with mixing and handing out drinks. Even through his own struggles though, he hadn't missed the problems Ocean had run into at work. Between having a hard time finding a place that suited him and the overly critical harassment from their coworkers Desmond was about to have a serious "talk" with them.

When Ocean came over to give Desmond the orders of drinks he'd gotten, Desmond quickly grabbed his hand and gave a light squeeze before releasing him. "You alright?" He continued working on a long island ice tea that had been ordered by someone sitting at the bar. He knew the answer-- knew that Ocean was struggling with something. Since they'd been living together there had been a few times he'd woken up to some levitating object hitting the either the bed around Ocean or Ocean himself. "You need a break or want a drink or something?"

Ocean knew Desmond could tell, hell it was written on his face how stressed out he was feeling. He shook his head and exhaled slowly "I'll be alright..." He leaned over and kissed Desmond's cheek lightly, "I wish I could take a break, or have a drink... but you know they expect their orders to be put in promptly." Even though the wait staff *could* take orders of their own, now that Ocean was labeled the order-taker, that was all he ever did. He was mainly supposed to take orders from patrons who were at the bar seating areas - the non-food service - and help pick up slack when things were far too busy. Unfortunately, the wait staff had decided to take advantage of Ocean's unofficial position and used him constantly, though he gained little tips from his co-workers and he got no gratitude for his job "I'll be okay, thanks babe." He smiled, gave Desmond's arm a little squeeze and then headed off to the next task.

The night only seemed to grow worse though. Things got slammed, as they usually did on Friday nights, and Ocean was running around like crazy trying to take everyone's orders. Wait staff was bitching about how they were backed up, Ocean was shaking with frustration as he tried taking orders. Every so often, an object would randomly levitate and slam into Ocean but he kept going - it was his own powers going haywire. "Can we get a new order taker, please?! This guy fucking sucks! He is slow, incompetent, he can't even write things out properly! What the hell does this even say?!-" order slip was waved around and pointed at aggressively by one of the waiters "This guy needs to be fired! He clearly has no idea what the hell he's doing! He's an idiot!"

Ocean really just felt like throwing in the towel, but he didn't. Despite the one guy continuing to harp on about his lack of skills, Ocean kept pushing through and doing what he could. There may have been tears in his dark blue eyes, or they were riding down his face, but he threw water at himself, just to hide the pain.

Before the night was over, Desmond had had enough. Even his ears felt hot at how angry he was to see the way Ocean was being treated, grinding his teeth as he tried to focus on work. It pissed him off even more that Ocean was just taking it, he may not have been the best but he was taking on more work than the others because they were scapegoating him. It wasn't until he saw the tears in Ocean's eyes and heard a particular waiter continue to complain and demand that Ocean be fired that Desmond did decide to throw in the towel. Coming around the bar to where the man was standing by the window to the kitchen and waving yet another "illegible order", Desmond grabbed the man's wrist none too gently and forced him to look in his suddenly deep orange eyes.

"Listen, I dunno where you get off treating people like this but you better cut the shit right now," he warned, shaking in anger. It had not been the day to test his temper apparently, and even though he hated how Ocean was being treated he normally wouldn't react this aggressively to someone. He couldn't stop himself now and it happened without him even really thinking about it. Desmond just wanted to see the asshole cry really. "Maybe it's cause you feel bad about yourself and know you'll never live up to anything in your miserable life." His voice held that melodic tone and he pushed a heavy feeling of worthlessness and sadness into words, knowing that's how he was making Ocean feel. "Maybe you know this is the best it's ever going to get for you. Isn't that right? You're pathetic."

The young man was prepared to protest and argue when he was suddenly snatched, but he had the misfortune of looking into Desmond's eyes and that was when he mesmerized by those glowing eyes. As he listened to Desmond, things clicked into place, things he hadn't even thought about before. Tears built up in his hazel eyes and were soon slipping down his cheeks "I am pathetic. You're right..." He whispered, nodding his head in agreement. All of those things were true, weren't they? Yeah... They were and he knew it "I will never amount up to anything... I will never be worthy of anyone..."

Ocean was just walking into the kitchen/waiter area when he saw Desmond "Dezzy!" Ocean hissed, coming over and quickly shoving his boyfriend away from the other man "What the hell are you doing?! What do you think you're doing?!" He looked at the crying man briefly before turning back to Desmond, a pissed expression on his face as he waited for an answer.

Still furious and fed up with the whole night, Ocean was suddenly the next target for Desmond's rage though for not the same reason. Desmond's eyebrows furrowed as he was forced away from the waiter, his eye contact suddenly broken and his hold over him cut off though those feelings would remain for some time depending on how close Desmond could get to bringing up true buried feelings. If he weren't so angry he could be able to see why Ocean had stopped him but his mind had him currently convinced the man deserved it-- even if his ability could really damage someone mentally if used like that. If some part of the waiter really felt that way it was possible for Desmond's actions to send him into a true depression.

"What am I doing? Giving him a taste of his own medicine that's what I'm fucking doing. You want me to stop?" Desmond argued back, pointing at himself as if shocked and angry that he was the one who needed to stop. "Why didn't you tell him to stop? Stand up for yourself goddammit, what the hell Ocean?! He's lucky I didn't pound his self-centered face in." He took deep breaths, trying to calm himself because honestly if he didn't he felt like going out there and telling each and every one of them exactly what he thought.

"Yes, I want you to stop! This isn't how we deal with our problems, Desmond." Ocean pointed at the boy who was rather train wrecked after listening to what Desmond had put into his mind. Eyes went back to Desmond and he shook his head slowly "It was being dealt with, you know?" Ocean whispered, glancing in the direction of the many cameras positioned in the building. Christ, they were just staring at this place, and already he feared that they were going to be fired over Desmond's hot headed behavior "I shouldn't have let it keep happening, I know that, but it was all I could do to help the boss out...." He took Desmond by the hand and led him away from prying ears and eyes, "I was being paid extra... The boss... he was paying me... extra... to..." He hiccupped a little and shook his head "He paid me to do that!" He finally blurted out.

Desmond frowned with a growl as he was pulled away the situation, the knowledge that the bar was watched on cameras far from his mind at the moment. "I don't care if he's giving you extra money," he shot back, still frowning at the blue haired boy in front of him. "That doesn't mean he should let them treat you like dirt." His hands tightened into fists as he thought about all the things that had been said to Ocean that night, frustrated tears coming to his eyes without him being about to stop them. "I couldn't just stand there and listen to it all night." His breathing was still heavy but a little slower now, chewing the inside of his cheek as he tried to get his emotions in check. Even though it was clear from what happened he still had perfect control over other's emotions he felt as if he were losing control of his own. 

Ocean moved closer to Desmond, hands settling on his neck "Shhh, breathe." Ocean whispered, pressing a soft kiss to his boyfriend's lips, thumbs gently stroking the skin of Desmond's throat as he tried to calm him down. Once he felt that Desmond was properly calmed again, Ocean looked down at him and smiled, foreheads rested together "I was able to make enough money for us to go and see the doctor... It's only a one-time trip, but we'll make enough again by the time we have to go back..." Maybe changing the subject would help Desmond thing about things other than the pain that Ocean went through in order to get out on the other side of their debts and needs to make money. "Boss also said he's going to put me in a less risky position... I'm finally gonna get to be a bouncer. All I have to do is stand and check IDs... Nothing serious there." And, if he had too, he could easily break up fights, that was no question.

Ocean's affections did help to settle Desmond just a bit, he was still frustrated and couldn't really explain why after hearing Ocean's explanations. Maybe he was just frustrated with himself because he felt so emotional. Things had been going pretty well for them sure, but there was still the pressure of making sure it continued that way. He'd also be lying if he said he wasn't a little nervous about not being able to see a doctor yet, wanting everything to normal and okay but feeling everything but. Sure what he was feeling was typical "symptoms" but it didn't feel typical to him and not knowing had him anxious and on edge. Nodding, his forehead still pressed against Ocean's, Desmond closed his eyes for a moment to further gather himself. After taking a deep breath he opened his eyes and turned to look back towards the waiter that was still a mess on the floor. "I'm sorry," he muttered, hand tightening around Ocean as the realization of what he'd done hit him, not sure if the apology was for Ocean or the waiter he'd traumatized.

"It's okay..." Ocean whispered "Let's just get out of here before we cause anymore damage." He gently led Desmond toward the back, grabbing their things and then headed out through the back door and into the alley "Hopefully tomorrow, we'll still have jobs, but if not, it'll be okay... We'll figure something out." He rubbed Desmond's side and kissed his head as they headed for the portal that would lead them back to the university "We also have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. If you can hold out for that little bit of time, we'll go and finally get to see what's going on with our baby..." He looked at the swirling colors that made up the portal, almost wishing they didn't have to go through it. Walking back to the University, however, would take days. Despite the University and the City Underground being on the same plane and within relative distance - you could see the university from some of the high rises - it still somehow ended up taking forever to get there.

Desmond bit his lip, knowing very well that he could have just cost them their jobs with his little stunt, but he tried to feel a bit better at the idea of seeing their baby tomorrow for the first time. He was sure that everything was fine with the baby growing inside him but with everything that had been happening in the past couple of weeks he couldn't keep his mind from wandering off into dark corners. Squeezing Ocean's hand, Desmond nodded and entered into the portal first. His stomach hadn't agreed with that form of transportation since they found out he was pregnant but it was better than walking all the way back to the University. After stepping out of the portal he placed a hand on his stomach in an attempt to settle it, while convincing himself he definitely didn't need to puke, and waited for Ocean to come through as well. "We'll probably get a talking to from the University and the bar tomorrow," Desmond spoke when Ocean was through. "Sorry I got you into trouble too. I just...I wasn't thinking."

He hated going through the portal just as much as Desmond, but until they were graduated and living in the underground, this was the only way they could get from one place to the next. "We probably will, but-" he shrugged a shoulder and wrapped an arm around Desmond, kissing his temple as they headed for the apartments "-You were defending me and I was just doing my job... without telling you - I take the blame for that. I should have told you that my entire life was about to be made incredibly miserable by those jack asses, just so the boss could reprimand them and, ultimately, fire a few bad seeds."

They got back to the apartment and he let them in, door shut and locked behind them "I'm really excited about going to the doctor tomorrow... I've been so anxious about not seeing our child... Now that we're actually going, I'm just, I can't wait." He started stripping his clothes off, dropping them into the clothes hamper. As he thought about their child and the impending doctor's visit, objects started floating and making their way towards Ocean "I haven't asked you yet... but do you want a boy or a girl? I mean, if you could chose..."

Desmond was happy to be at home once they got there, it seemed that as soon as he stepped foot into their apartment all his frustrations and emotions during the day had drained away at the door. A light smile finally made it's way to his face as he heard Ocean talking about the appointment tomorrow and seeing their baby for the first time. He slid out of his work shirt and kicked off his shoes just in time for a plastic cup-- they had learned not to use glass in the apartment by now-- float past him and he grabbed it out of the air with a chuckle. Moving over to Ocean, much like the objects around the room, he placed a quick and light kiss on his face. "Look at you getting all worked up," Desmond teased his boyfriend, waving the plastic cup that had been floating in the air. "You're adorable, honestly." Setting the cup back down on the table where it had floated from, though it levitated back up just a few seconds after he released it, Desmond continued stripping out of his dirty work clothes.

"Probably a boy," he said honestly with a chuckle. "I have no idea what to do with a girl or how to handle puberty when they hit...whatever age that is." Now down to his boxers, Desmond faced Ocean as he ran a hand through his messy teal hair. "Besides, a cute little boy with your hair and my charm? Adorable." Casting Ocean a cheeky grin as he started towards the bathroom of their apartment. "How about you? Wanna tell me all about it in the shower, Blue?"

His eyes lit up at the prospect of getting in the shower with Desmond "I'll be with you in a moment, Desmond Coyote." He had to calm himself and re-center to get all of the objects floating around him to go back to where they belonged. Soon enough he made his way to the bathroom, smiling as he slid his boxers off "I'm pretty apt on having a boy, too... I don't know my sisters, but from what I've heard, they are real bitches and I don't think I would wish that on anyone..." He settled his hands on Desmond's flat belly and smiled warmly "A little boy would be perfect for the two of us... Though I'd rather he have my charms... He can have your eyes." Ocean grinned and leaned down to kiss Desmond, slowly backing his boyfriend up into the shower, hand going to turn the knobs on to their desired heat.