Closed Young Gods
[Closed w/ SazzyP260]
Wiping at his eyes again, Desmond gave Ocean a light shove with his elbow. "I don't hate you, you weirdo." Rolling his eyes he offered the pictures out to Ocean since he hadn't gotten a chance to look at them properly. "Not now anyway, ask me again in six months when nothing fits and I'm the size of a whale." It was going to take a lot more work for them to get ready for the two babies and they'd probably have to take a couple extra shifts at work while they still could for the money but if they'd been ready for one they could be ready for two as well. "Though I suppose I won't be able to work as long as we planned," he added, running a hand through his teal hair. "That whole 'size of a whale' thing is coming a lot sooner than I thought."
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

He chuckled and wrapped one arm around Desmond, the other holding the ultrasound "You'll be a beautiful whale and I'll tell you that every moment of every day." Ocean whispered, kissing his boyfriend again before slowly slipping off the exam table and helping him down as well "It's a good thing this is our last year of University, I feel like we're going to need to be out of college before we really crack down on being parents..." He knew it wasn't going to be easy, but they both had to finish before their children were born into this world "We can't skip classes anymore, and we're gonna have to take on extra classes just to get finished..." They were headed out of the door, the nurse meeting them there with the list of prenatal vitamins "Thanks."

Ocean took the list and headed them over to the little 'pharmacy' so they could get the drugs and then get out of there, paid for everything and all. "As for working, you're right. Maybe I can pick up a second job, while you quit to focus on growing the kids and finishing school... Maybe if you finish while I'm working... I can finish after you've graduated... We have the apartment on campus for at least a year and a half after we graduate, so that does help us... if we're not going to graduate at the same time, then we have it for even longer at the discounted price..." his mind was just whirling with thoughts and he wasn't even sure he was making sense at this point "Am I rambling?" he finally asked.
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Desmond had to roll his eyes at how quickly the words were coming out of Ocean's mouth, though he was listening attentively as well. Shaking his head with a laugh Desmond stopped them both from walking to kiss his boyfriend gently, one hand on Ocean's cheek the other hand holding the bag of vitamins they had bought. "You are rambling," he informed Ocean with a light tap to his cheek before resuming their walk towards the portal to return home. "But you do have a point... It'll be better if I take extra classes and graduate as soon as possible before going to classes becomes a chore and it'll be good to have the apartment a little longer. At least while the twins are still little and we have some extra money."

Arriving at the portal, Desmond took a moment to prepare himself before stepping in. The motion of it still made his stomach turn but at least this time he didn't feel the immediate urge to vomit once he arrived close to the University and their apartment. Glancing towards the direction of the University, Desmond sighed. "I never thought I'd say this before...but I guess I gotta go sign up for extra classes."

Ocean followed his boyfriend through the portal and gave his hand a squeeze once they were on the other side. He bent and kissed him "Unfortunately, Dezzy, we are becoming adults and we do actually have to grow up now..." He sighed and smiled, grabbing Desmond's hand and leading him towards their apartment. Once they were in, he turned and looked down at Desmond "Just think, soon enough we'll have two little babies who you can be childish with all you want." He grinned and kissed him again before going to the closet to find himself a black shirt and black pants, they did have to get ready for work after all.

He glanced in the direction of the university and nodded "You'll be done before you know it if you just do it and get it over with. No skipping classes, no sleeping in classes, and no working. I know you want to work, but having a job isn't nearly as important as finishing school right now." He stripped his clothes off, tossing them into the hamper before pulling on the tight black jeans and form-fitting black shirt 'Bouncer' already on the back in white "I can handle working... As long as I have jobs I can do."

Desmond watched Ocean getting ready for work, setting the vitamins down on their kitchen table before going to the closet himself for his own work clothes, Ocean's words stopping him briefly. "I can work tonight though," he said, grabbing his own black jeans and button-up shirt. "I have to give them a weeks notice before I leave, remember? Pretty sure that was in the agreement when we got the work permits." He slid out of his loose t-shirt that he had worn to the doctors appointment and switched it with the slightly tighter black button-up. "I'll have to work for at least another week, I'll add a couple classes here and there during that time and fill up with the rest once I'm finished work."

Ocean didn't quite like it, didn't want to risk their healthy children, but he nodded slowly "Yeah. You can work for the rest of the week... It won't kill you to do that." He finished putting himself together before moving to wrap his arms around Desmond, kissing his head and smiling "You're going to be so beautiful." He whispered, hands rubbing over that small swell that was puffing out Desmond's shirt "But we have to go, or we'll both get fired for being late..."

[Eleven Weeks Later]

Time seemed to go by quickly when Desmond focused all his attention on school. Once he had finished work he pilled on as many classes as he could to graduate as soon as possible and by some miracle or force or force of will he pulled it off. Just in time too, now at twenty weeks pregnant with twins it was pretty obvious on his lean form. The two babies inside him seemed to be growing rapidly and he'd already started feeling their movements inside a couple weeks ago, there were a few times that they'd even been strong enough for Ocean to feel as well. So far everything had been going smoothly, aside from Desmond having to invest in a new wardrobe for the most part. Since he stayed home he spent most of his time in stretchy sweat pants and shirts a couple sizes too big. He did find something to do with his time and earn money while doing so, all while staying at home too. With all these apps and websites providing audible books they needed someone to record them. He'd mentioned it to Ocean and with his encouragement he'd put in an application, not really expecting much and yet to his surprise he'd gotten it.

It was around noon time, Desmond had just finished preparing a large plate of french toast that certainly wasn't perfect but was definitely edible, when he finally heard shuffling in the bedroom. Since he was still working late at the club as a bouncer and taking classes at the university, it was normal for Ocean to get up around this time. Hence the reason he prepared a rather breakfast-style lunch for the two of them. Setting two plates down at the table, he made his way into the bedroom and to the body beneath the covers. Leaning forward and placing a kiss on the top of Ocean's head of blue hair, Desmond pulled back and ruffled his hair lightly. "Get up, Blue. We got an appointment at the clinic in about two hours and your breakfast is ready."

Ocean yawned and whined, rubbing his face tiredly before looking up at Desmond "Just a few more minutes?" He mumbled, though he started shifting to get up. A few bubbles of water suddenly floated by and Ocean opened his mouth to swallow them, exhaling quietly "Mm, much better." He leaned over and kissed Desmond softly before resting his hands on that swell and leaning in to kiss it a few times "Morning Trouble and More Trouble." Ocean teased as he stood up and slid his fingers into the spaces between Desmond's, leading him back to the main portions of the apartment "Mmm, french toast. Definitely a favorite of mine." He settled at the table and piled a few slabs on his plate.

Eyes looked Desmond over and he smiled warmly at his boyfriend "How'd you sleep last night? You were out cold when I got home this morning... Would have woke you but you looked like you'd have a rough day so I just left ya be." He started cutting up and chowing down on the french toast, humming his approval before continuing to chew on pieces "Good toast, babe. Gettin' better everyday."

Desmond sat down at the table next to Ocean and watched with a chuckle and roll of his eyes as the french toast was pilled on to his plate, though Desmond pretty much did the same thing once Ocean was finished with his portion. "I slept alright," he spoke before taking a mouth full of the fried toast. "Spent most of the afternoon reading Watership Down, don't think the troublemakers enjoyed that too much because I definitely went to the bathroom more often than usual while working." He rolled his eyes with a chuckle, one hand reaching down to rub the underside of the noticeable extension of his stomach while his other hand put another fork full of toast in his mouth. "Work was alright, I hope. No one giving you any trouble?"

"Gotta stop reading books about water... Makes the kids want to play, apparently." He grinned and reached over to catch a dribble of maple syrup, sucking it off his thumb. He nodded his head and sighed "Yeah. Work is going good, now. I mean, you've seen the improvement in that one week you did work... Life is better for me there. The hours are pretty draining, but we knew that they would have been once I took on back-to-back shifts just to make a little more money." he shrugged and sighed quietly, taking a few more bites before pushing the half-eaten plate away, head falling back and a yawn escaping him "I think I'm losing weight, though. I haven't been able to eat much since working like a horse and going to school..." He looked over at Desmond and smiled "How's your job going? Do you like it?"

Desmond laughed lightly at that, licking the spot Ocean had wiped with his thumb to make sure he'd gotten it all. "Well I think that's something I safely blame on you," he teased, taking a sip of orange juice he'd set out earlier. He still missed coffee dearly but it had been long enough that he no longer craved it, he even started drinking a cup of tea here and there despite previously despising the taste. "Yeah, things definitely seemed to have gotten better even during that last week I was there." Putting his head in his hand as he watched Ocean yawn and talk about his troubles, Desmond couldn't help but feel a little bad. He wanted to do more and take some of the strain off him but there wasn't much else he could do and they'd been expecting troubles like this after learning about the twins. Still, it didn't make it any easier when it came down to it. "Make sure to take the time to take care of yourself," Desmond chided, taking another bite of his toast. "Too bad we couldn't trade places now, I've gained like twenty-four pounds already." He shook his head with a roll of his eyes, not really impressed by the changes to his waist area but accepting that it meant healthy and happy babies.

"As for me work seems to be going well," he answered. "After the first couple of audio books I put out I've been getting more offers with better prices." He gave a cheeky grin in Ocean's direction. "Listeners say they can; 'feel the emotions in the words'. I only let it out a little bit so it's not overbearing." He'd been practicing hard during his time in the university when he was hurrying to graduate and his control over his ability had improved immensely, the only time he struggled was when his own emotions got in the way.

He smiled as he listened to Desmond talk about his job, he didn't really approve of Desmond using his power to sway the listeners, but he wasn't going to comment on it, either. It made his boyfriend happy and that was all that truly mattered to Ocean in the end. "I'm really glad you're enjoying your new job. It's pretty fitting for you." He stood up and leaned over, kissing Desmond's head lightly "Maybe one day, you'll even get into writing your own stories and publishing them... Who knows." He took his plate into the kitchen and quickly cleared and cleaned it "I'm going to go take a shower and then we can head off... Gonna be another long day."

He'd be lying if he said he hadn't fallen asleep for another ten or so minutes while he was just standing in the shower. He was beyond exhausted, but there was only so much he could do about it; at least his powers were acting normally, he hadn't been waking up with random bruises or any objects on the bed, so there was something. He stepped out of the shower and levitated water drops back into the shower so they didn't get all over the floor - he didn't need Desmond slipping, especially not now. After getting dressed and making himself look somewhat more alive and presentable, he came back out and smiled over at Desmond "You ready to go or do you have to use the bathroom before we leave? You probably should... You know it's quite the distance..."

"I should definitely use the bathroom before we go," Desmond agreed, knowing that even if he didn't feel like he had to go now he would probably have to go in the middle of their way to the clinic. Heading towards the bathroom to relieve himself, grateful that Ocean had made sure all the water had been removed from the floor, Desmond quickly did his business and washed his hands. Making his way out of the bathroom he moved towards Ocean and kissed his lips, one hand going to his lover's cheek as he took in his appearance. "You know you don't have to go today," Desmond told him seriously. "You could stay home and get some more sleep, you look like the walking dead." Grabbing his shoes from the mat by the door, Desmond took them over to one of the dining room chairs and sat down. Even now, only halfway through this, it was the easiest way to put on his shoes.

Ocean came over and crouched down so he could help Desmond into his shoes, knowing sometimes that it was a struggle. He shook his head a little "I haven't missed an appointment yet, I don't plan on missing one at all." Once the shoes were on, he stood up and helped Desmond from his seat. Arms wrapped the other up and he bent to kiss him softly "Besides, we're learning the genders today... I am definitely not missing that." He kissed Desmond again before turning to head out of the apartment, fingers lacing with Desmond's.

As they walked toward the portal, he smiled over at Desmond "So, we know we want boys," he started, "Right, we still want those? Well anyway... We should really start thinking about names. We can't just keep calling them the beans. Maybe it'll be easier once we know, for a fact, what we're having, but... I figured, if we went with gender-neutral names, it wouldn't really matter what gender they were..."

Desmond smiled as he listened to Ocean, for some reason feeling ridiculously happy that no matter how tired or drained from the day he was Ocean still managed to ramble on when it came to talking about their twins. Releasing his hand only to step through the portal, Desmond immediately took it again when they were on the other side and in the underground. "I definitely still want boys, but I guess I wouldn't be too pissed if it were a boy and a girl. Though if it's too girls I might start crying right there on the table." He laughed lightly and gave Ocean's hand a squeeze, joking even though he was also pretty serious.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. And they are way bigger than beans at this point, more like potatoes now according to the book." Seeing the clinic just down the street, Desmond felt a bit of excitement towards finding out the gender. "I'm the worst at names though," Desmond added with a chuckle. "It must run in my family because I mean...Desmond Coyote? Might as well have named me Willie..."

"I'm really kind of glad they didn't. I don't think I could call you Willie Coyote all the time." He wrapped an arm around Desmond and smiled, kissing his head. They finally got to the clinic doors and Ocean opened it so they could enter. They signed in under their fake name, Nicholson, and then headed to the chairs "What should we name them...? I mean, I figure we would probably go with something... resembling who they'd be. You know? Like me, my name is Ocean..." He shrugged a shoulder and cuddled up to his boyfriend, head on his belly "What are you kids? Water? Music? Just crazy?" He smiled, gently stroking Desmond's belly as he listened to the faint noises coming from within his boyfriends womb.

"It certainly wouldn't be nearly as sexy," Desmond agreed with a laugh. The two of them sat at in the waiting room under their fake names, the usual number of patients sitting around them though Desmond and Ocean preferred their seats in the back. Ocean's head on his growing belly made him laugh lightly, listening to his boyfriend talk to their unborn twins. "Probably all of the above," he commented with a laugh, running his fingers through Ocean's deep blue hair. "Careful what you wish for though, it won't be too long now before they'll be able to let us know what they can do. We might have to house-proof before they're even born."

A few minutes went by before Desmond's fake last name was called, this time picking it up easily enough. Taking Ocean's hand in his, he following the nurse into the room in the back where she took all the normal tests, including his weight which showed he had gained a solid twenty-five pounds. Filling out the sheet she left them alone in the room, telling them the doctor would be in shortly to start the ultrasound and suggested Desmond go ahead a lay back on the exam bed.

Ocean took up his customary seat beside Desmond one he got comfortable. He took Desmond's hand and kissed his knuckles, smiling as he looked up at him "We'll get on house-proofing as soon as we leave here... We'll go to the store and start buying stuff, though I'm not sure what we'll buy because we don't know what they can even do." He wouldn't be against buying normal baby stuff though, they hadn't done much in the way of buying things for their little ones, mostly because they had no idea what they needed to be buying, gender wise. They had a few basic essentials - bottles, burp clothes, things of that nature in neutral colors "I just want to know what we're having so I can start spoiling them with the right clothes and toys."

The doctor and ultrasound technician came in and they smiled at the couple "It's so great to see you both again." The doctor commented as she read over Desmond's chart before coming over to do her own exam, checking Desmond's girth and pelvic width, just to make sure everything was proceeding as necessary "I guess we're all set to find out what we're having, huh?" She smiled over at her technician "Go for it, Lucille, I'm sure that the boys are well and truly ready."

Desmond offered the two a smile when they came in and nodded when she greeted them. He wondered how many times she'd seen single people come in on their own or maybe someone who was in a couple at the beginning but were separated somewhere along the way. He could see how something like this could be a strain on the couple-- it hadn't been a walk in the park for them either, but they could pull it off because they had each other. At least that's how Desmond felt because there was no way he'd have been able to do it on his own and it made him feel uncomfortable when he thought about how close that could have been to happening when he'd pushed Ocean away in the beginning. He shook those thoughts from his head, wanting to focus his attention on the babies, and squeezed Ocean's hand when he felt the gel being applied to the melon sized lump in his belly. "Definitely ready," Desmond agreed, turning his attention to the monitor when the scanner was placed against his skin.

"Alright so it looks like twin A here," the technician started, pointing out one baby-shaped gray blob on the screen. "Is a boy!" Desmond couldn't help but squeeze Ocean's hand in excitement at the news though he kept his eyes on the screen as the technician moved the scanner around for a better look at the second twin. "And twin B is....another little boy! Congratulations you two." Snapping a couple of pictures for the two of them, the technician gave Desmond a clean towel to wipe his stomach while handing the photos to Ocean.

Ocean was grinning broadly as he took those pictures from the technician, carefully examining them -as if he knew what he were actually looking for- "Look at you, my boys!" He looked so proud, excited that they were getting exactly what they had hoped for "Can you believe it, Dez? We're actually gonna have boys!" He got up and helped Desmond from the table, leaning down to kiss him "I'm so proud of you. I'm proud of us." He whispered, squeezing Desmond's hand and smiling lovingly at him "I think you deserve a treat for this. Do you want to go to that little ice cream shop?" The technician and doctor were all but forgotten about as Ocean encompassed Desmond with all the attention that he could - he was sure the two were used to that, though.