Closed Young Gods
[Closed w/ SazzyP260]
As always, Ocean's joy was contagious, and though Desmond was happy himself that they were have two boys, he found himself smiling widely at Ocean with a light laugh. The two outsiders smiled at the couple's reaction, breaking the celebration up just to give them a pamphlet for what to expect from now on and a card with a date for his next appointment. Walking out of the clinic Desmond and Ocean walked hand in hand, Ocean's free hand holding the ultrasound pictures so that he could occasionally look at the two confirmed boys. "I'd say we certainly got lucky with that," Desmond spoke with a chuckle, peering over to look at the ultrasound again himself. "I really did kind of expect one of them to be a girl but this is a case where I'm happy to be proven wrong." Walking into the ice cream shop Ocean had mentioned previous, one of Desmond's not-so-secret go-to snack when he got a chance to travel to the underground. "Well now that we know the genders, we can start thinking of names and get them some proper baby-stuff now."
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Ocean nodded and smiled, tucking the ultrasound pictures away in his wallet to keep them safe whilst they were out "Yeah... I still think gender-neutral is the way to go. We won't know their personalities or anything like it until they're much older, and I don't want to risk anything - especially in this day and age." Fluidity was becoming more and more popular, taking communities by storm themselves, even in a community such as theirs where they were already social outcasts by just being genetically mutated.

The couple happily ordered their sweet-treat of desire and then settled in their normal corner booth. They were just happily chatting and discussing their future as parents to their twins when the sudden sound of an explosion rocked the entire neighborhood block. Ocean's eyes went wide before he looked at Desmond; from outside, people could be heard screaming, 'Hunters! The hunters are here!'. Many more screams of terror followed behind, and Ocean was already standing, looking for an escape "Come on!" He grabbed Desmond by the hand and pulled him up, keeping him tucked tight and close against him as they headed for the back door of the ice cream shop "We need to get the hell out of the city, Dezzy. I'm gonna get you as close to the portal as possible..." He stopped and looked down at his boyfriend, smiling a bit sadly "I need to help the community, but I need you to get back to the University. You need to warn everyone, get the portal shut down so that the hunter's cannot get in..." He pressed a kiss to his boyfriend's lips and exhaled shakily "I know this is a terrible time to say this, but I love you so much, Desmond Coyote. You keep those babies safe, no matter what, you hear me?"
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Desmond's heart was pounding as he followed Ocean through the back, the hand that was not being held was wrapped protectively around the swell of their twins. He was still reeling had the afternoon had been so calm and peaceful and then suddenly hunters were raiding the city for people with abilities, people like them. By the time they had made it outside the portal and Ocean informed him that he would be going back to help people, Desmond was out of breath and definitely in a panic. His hand tightened around Ocean's, he knew what had to be done and knew Ocean was being logical but he selfishly didn't want to leave without Ocean. It wasn't like the mater manipulator was in the best of shape either and he worried about him trying to push himself in that selfless way of his.

"Well then you better keep their father safe or I swear..." Desmond broke himself off with a kiss to Ocean's lips and a tight squeeze of his hand before finally letting him go.

He kissed Desmond back and gave his hand a squeeze in return "I'll keep him safe, no matter what." He promised and lightly knocked their foreheads together. He was just about to send Desmond through the portal when a group of hunters headed in their direction. They were far enough away that they couldn't see the slightly distorted wall, but that also meant they could no longer use it as an escape route "Son of a bitch." He breathed, keeping himself between Desmond and the attackers. His hands started twitching and objects around them started floating; being in an alleyway, there was plenty of sharp objects that could be used as a weapon "Dez, I need you to go... I need you to hide somewhere safe, please." He begged quietly, looking back at Desmond as the hunters approached - they had guns aimed, and were firing but Ocean was using water to capture and slow their movements down "GO! While I can still hold them off." He was exhausting his energies just trying to protect his boyfriend, and he was fading, rather fast.

Desmond heard what Ocean was saying, knew he had to get out of there, but couldn't find it in him to move his feet. The more he watched Ocean do the more he saw his lover weaken and he knew if he left now Ocean wouldn't be able to last very long and they'd both be caught or even killed. Ocean kept catching the bullets in the water but he was so weakened he wasn't able to do more than slow them down, if he didn't do something soon Ocean was going to drop on his feet. "Stop!" He shouted it mostly to Ocean but the force of his voice and his panicked feeling had the words practically vibrating the air around them and even the hunters stopped shooting and moving. Pulling Ocean towards the portal, Desmond wasn't going to risk the hunters coming after them but knowing it was the quickest way to the university where they could get help. Looking back at the frozen hunters, Desmond swallowed. "Shoot each other." He didn't wait to see what happened next and pushed Ocean into the portal, following closely.

As soon as he made it through the portal, Ocean collapsed, coughing and groaning. He was curled up, and he looked pale, like he had been through the wringer "Gotta... gotta get help... Can't..." He coughed and let out a small sob "Can't let them get in... Get help..." Ocean was trembling and he looked very close to falling unconscious "Protect the babies... get help..." He slowly shifted, trying to sit up. Whatever objects had been attached to his telekinesis hadn't followed - well, not all of the objects. A few sharp implements had joined them and were now imbedded in various parts of Ocean's body, staining the common ground with his blood, as well - the blood, a sort of blue color, instead of the normal human-red "Ocean... Has to protect his kids..." Ocean whispered, a few bubbles of water floating around him, though they weren't from Ocean at all. They seemed to be coming from Desmond, or someone inside of Desmond. Those bubbles started getting bigger and bigger, until they were actually like a little river, which managed to scoop Ocean's now unconscious body up and levitate it off of the ground.

Desmond took a surprised step backwards when Ocean's body started levitating on a small river of water that had collected around them. It couldn't have been Ocean doing it-- when he was unconscious he had a tendency to levitate things but never did he use his water abilities. Certainly Desmond himself wasn't the one doing it which meant it could only be one other thing... Placing a hand on his stomach with renewed determination, Desmond managed to bring Ocean back to the University where he could be seen by the doctors there while Desmond explained what happened. The school was prepared for this of course, and it wasn't long after they arrived that the first group of trained power-users headed into the underground.

Despite everything that was going on around him, Desmond never left Ocean's side as they took him into the infirmary. The nurses there assured him that Ocean would probably just need to be on an IV drip for awhile until he could regain some energy but in the meantime wanted Desmond to sit so they could check on his condition. After a few checks, they told him it would be best to lay down for a while as his blood pressure and heart rate were a little higher than they would have liked but otherwise he seemed fine.

Of course, those that were in Desmond and Ocean's presence were soon aware of the facts about why Desmond had taken a very sudden interest in school and had finished earlier than necessary, but no one dared say a thing to the young man, fearing he would lash out in a way that would not be good for him, or his pregnancy.

The medical professionals at the university were quick to assess Ocean and get him on IV's to rehydrate and replenish everything that he had lost. They patched up the minor wounds he had sustained his own self-inflicted injuries and then they assessed Desmond and got him what he needed.

It was quiet, too quiet, but after some hours of the slow drip, drip, drip of the IV bag, Ocean made a noise. A groan. He was slowly coming back, and with that, it meant implements started floating above him, though, because they weren't in their natural environment, the objects weren't all that safe. Though, before anything started dropping, bubbles of water were quick to catch them and put them in safe locations, away from Ocean. "Des..." Ocean breathed, reaching toward a hand that wasn't there "Desmond... Where... where are you?" His eyes opened slowly, the ceiling was not familiar at all "Where... where am I?"

It took a couple hours for Desmond to calm himself and his body down enough before the nurses at the school allowed him to get up and walk around. At first he was just pacing around Ocean's bed before he finally decided to just sit next to him, head resting in his hands. He'd fallen asleep himself and wasn't quite sure how long he'd been that way when he was immediately awoken by Ocean's voice. Snapping awake, Desmond immediately grabbed the outstretched hand. "Hey there, Blue," he spoke softly, scooting forward in the chair to be closer to his boyfriend laying in the infirmary bed. "I'm here, we're all okay." His fingers ran through the dark blue hair at Ocean's head as the hand holding Ocean's gave a light squeeze. "You're in the University infirmary, we got you all set up with fluids and the University sent some people to help out at the underground."

Ocean's eyes slowly moved around the room they were in, taking in everything "The babies..." He finally landed his eyes on Desmond, "They... Are they okay? Are you okay?" He could have been dead, but if his babies and Desmond were okay, that was all that mattered. Obviously, he knew that he was alive, otherwise this conversation wouldn't have been taking place. He slowly sat up, "The underground... What happened? I... I don't remember much past us finding out what we were having... and going to get ice cream... everything is a blur from there."

Desmond took a deep breath and squeezed Ocean's hand as he brought it up and to his face to kiss at Ocean's knuckles. "We're okay," he reassured his boyfriend with a small smile. "All three of us are fine. A little shaken up but fine." Desmond ran his hand along Ocean's shoulder with a light touch, careful to avoid any of his injuries that had been patched up by the nurses. "There was a raid while we were at the coffee shop, you managed to get us to the portal but when you were going to go back to help the others some hunters had already found us. You tried to hold them back and save us but you were in no condition to fight, I panicked and just hollered for everyone to stop. They froze and I got us into the portal..." he paused, running a hand through his teal hair.

"I made sure we weren't followed and you collapsed right outside the portal. I thought I'd never get you to the university but then this water formed beneath you and levitated you off the ground. Thanks to that I was able to get you to the university. Taking one of Ocean's hands to rest on the swell of his stomach, his fiery eyes met deep blue. "I'm pretty sure at least one of your kids pretty much saved your life already."

He couldn't help but to laugh at that, though the sound was rough and soon after he started laughing, he started choking and coughing. It took a while before he was stable again, a harsh "Fuck," breathed out as he dropped back into the bed, though his hand was still pressed against Desmond's stomach "Never thought I'd have to rely on my children," he paused, coughing into his fist and then levitating an orb of water into his mouth, swallowing it down quickly "my unborn children, to save my sorry ass..." He looked over at Desmond and shook his head a little, though he was smiling as he ran a hand over that bump "I guess one of the babies could be named River... Seems to be their thing." He closed his eyes and exhaled slowly "Was there even any water around? The area by the portal is pretty dry... Had it rained?"

Humming in thought, Desmond gave Ocean a shrug. "I'm not sure if it rained or not, I haven't been out to the underground lately. You'd know better than me..." he paused though, his own hand going down to his stomach near Ocean's. "I like how that sounds though. River and Rain or at least a variation of the spelling since R-a-i-n seems a little...over used? R-a-y-n-e maybe?" Both names could be used as gender neutral, just like Ocean wanted and Desmond agreed to. "What do you think? Ocean, River, and Rayne?" Desmond laughed lightly, the hand not on his belly coming up to run through Ocean's hair. "My cute little water family."

"River and Rayne McKenzie." Ocean hummed and smiled, nodding his head happily "That's perfect, babe." He was feeling a lot better now and so he slowly sat himself up, turning to place his feet on the ground. He leaned over and kissed Desmond "Maybe they were working in tandem. Rayne made the water and River used it to float me along..." He was speculating, really. He had no idea what their kids powers were, just that they were starting to get them and use them "I suppose you are going to have to start documenting the random events that take place during the day... You know, like when I'm sleeping and things just randomly start floating over me... Things like that." Like now, Ocean was not concentrating on anything, but droplets of water were slowly dancing around the room "That's definitely not me... I usually don't use water to play." and those drops definitely looked like they were playing.

Desmond smiled with a laugh, using a finger to poke at one of the floating water droplets and watching as it bounced and danced away but kept it's shape. "I'll have to start writing a journal so we can try and keep track of what they can do, maybe place bets on which one does what." Rubbing fondly at his stomach he leaned forward and kissed his boyfriend softly. "Something tells me we're going to have our hands full before they're even born. Is it too late to take back me saying I hope they have my charm?" Giving Ocean's shoulder a light squeeze, Desmond stood up, one hand immediately going to his back to rub the muscles that were sore from being in one position so long. "I'll get the nurse, tell her you're feeling better. Hopefully we can get you all unhooked and home soon. The University has given you a mandatory week off from work and if you want to do classes I talked them into letting you participate in online classes. I knew you wouldn't like being completely off school and work for a week so I compromised for you."

Ocean slowly blinked up at Desmond. The words coming from that voice were not matching up very well and it worried the blue hair male quite so. He grasped onto Desmond's wrist and tugged him close, staring into his fiery orange eyes "What the hell happened to my boyfriend? Did you hit your head or something? Are you being controlled by someone?" He questioned, eyebrows furrowing together as he lifted a hand to hold against Desmond's forehead "Perhaps you're running fever... Should we get you looked at?"

The maturity level really did throw Ocean through a loop, but after his attacking questions, he finally just laughed and smiled, nodding his head "All of that sounds absolutely perfect. I'll do classes and sleep for a week... I'm sure my body will appreciate rest." He looked at the IV and made a bit of a face before yanking it out, a spurt of blue-tinted blood escaping in the process. He put some tissue over it and bent his elbow, sighing a bit "My blood doesn't gross you out, does it? It's been blue like that my entire life... Everyone thinks I have some kind of medical problem but... I think it's my genetics..."

"Oh my god!" Desmond exclaimed wide eyed at Ocean, hands going to Ocean's arms yet out of the way enough for Ocean to take care of himself. "Fuck..it doesn't freak me out but...it does when you do crazy shit like ripping an IV out of your arm," he chided, fiery eyes rolling at Ocean with a shake of his head. "It's probably your genetics, your eyes and hair are blue why not your blood too?" Desmond kissed him softly as if to reassure him that he was not at all bothered by the color of Ocean's blood. "And if either of our boys ends up with blue blood I'll love them just as much." Kissing him again, this one with a bit more passion, he pulled away with a smile. "Come on, Blue. Let's get you home. I can't wait to have you to myself for a whole week. It'll be like when we first met again."

He slid his hand into Desmond's and smirked "So, maybe I won't be getting any sleep after all, if that's the case." He laughed and squeezed Desmond's fingers lightly before tugging him in, arm wrapping around him "I'm all for sleepless nights if it means being with you, Desmond Coyote." He growled against Desmond's ear, smirking some.  The walk to the apartment really didn't take long, and soon enough they were inside, locked away from the world.  It was peaceful in their apartment, nothing to worry about and no one to bother them - just like the two really, truly liked it.

[Six Months | Twenty-Nine Weeks Pregnant:]

They had been together for six months now.  Desmond was twenty-nine weeks pregnant with their twins and growing more and more every day, not that it put Ocean off any.  If anything, the more Desmond grew, the more attracted Ocean was.  He loved seeing Desmond pregnant with their babies, growing with their children inside of him.  It was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, and he made sure to tell that to Desmond every day - he knew, mostly from reading, that pregnant persons often felt subconscious about their looks, and he never wanted Desmond to feel like he was less than the beautiful man that Ocean had fallen in love with six months ago.  Ocean loved Desmond, more now than he ever had.  Thus why he had planned out the most romantic evening he could have ever planned out.

He was no longer in school himself, having finally graduated just a month prior to now.  They had one year in their apartment, though the school was working on helping them stay a little longer if it became absolutely necessary.  Ocean was still working at the bar as the bouncer, but now, with his schedule freed up, he was also working during the day; he would go to work at the bar from 6 PM and get off at 2 AM, come home and sleep from 3 AM to 6 AM and then go to his other part-time job, which was from 8 AM to 12 PM.  He then came home for those six hours, spending them sleeping and hanging out with Desmond.

The part-time job was only temporary, though.  He had needed the extra money because he had wanted to do this.  He wanted to give Desmond something he absolutely deserved.  They were just simply enjoying a night out on the town.  Presently they were sitting in one of the most famous city restaurants in The Underground.  They were dressed nice, clothes that Ocean had splurged on.  He was wearing some fancy semi-tuxedo like get-up and he was just happy as could be, sitting across from Desmond, holding his hand "How do you like the restaurant, Dez?  Is it too much?"

Tonight had been one of the most amazing nights Desmond had in probably his whole life, not even caring that he was currently twenty-nine weeks pregnant and looked like someone practically due with a single child. His feet and hips hurt most of the time but the relaxing time he got to spend tonight had him completely forgetting about it. He also made sure to enjoy it as much as he could because he had seen how hard Ocean had been working lately. He hoped the water manipulator took this time to relax himself because he could use it. A smile lit his face at Ocean's question, looking around at the fancy restaurant in one of the high-class districts. "It's amazing," he complimented, a laugh leaving him not long after. "I'll admit it's weird for me to be all dressed up like this and I feel a little out of place...but I've never experienced anything like this before and it's pretty freakin' cool."

Desmond squeezed Ocean's hand softly, his free hand rubbing at his rather large stomach where there was suddenly a flurry of movement within. With the two of them still growing rapidly, and therefore quickly running out of room, there was more movement than ever inside him. "Pretty sure the boys are happy too...hope I'm not too far from a bathroom." He laughed lightly, running his thumb over the top of Ocean's hand.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm glad they are, too. Though they're probably more happy that they just get to play in a constant water bubble." He teased, squeezing Desmond's hand and sighing contently. Their dinner was soon served and they ate in relative peace, talking amongst each other about mundane, daily things, catching up with each other seeing as they hadn't seen much of one another in the past few months. "I supposed I should tell you, I've quit my part-time job... I no longer need it. I was able to get what I needed with it, and we'll be able to spend our days together again. I'll still be working nights at the bar, though. The owner really does seem to like me, I've been hearing rumors about possibly getting a promotion to 'Head Bouncer'." Once their food was finished, the waitress came by yet again and Ocean whispered something into her ear. Dessert was on its way, and it was Desmond's absolute favorite.