Kentaro Hiyama's First Pregnancy
It looks like Childcare Edition retcons the ending of the original manga.
What’s the new ending? You can PM what happens to avoid spoilers in this thread.
We're all members of one human family! ^_^
One great big, loving, dysfunctional family. -_-;

MRCA
Human Family Tree
(06-08-2021, 04:12 AM)mprego2 Wrote: What’s the new ending? You can PM what happens to avoid spoilers in this thread.

Oh it's nothing, it's just that the original manga ends with a time skip to where Kotaro, Kentaro and Aki's son, is married and also expecting a baby. Based on the interactions and dialogue, it seems that Kentaro and Aki remain friends who occasionally visit to see their son. Again, Eri Sakai is admittedly not very good at embellishing story details in favor of focusing on the issues she wants to discuss. In Childcare Edition, we see more interaction with Kentaro and Aki and it looks like they establish the two of them having a stronger relationship in that they express wanting to live together (they almost kiss at one point). I'm not actually sure as I don't know the translation, but it looks to me like Sakai changed her mind about how their relationship should be depicted.
Oh, I see, does Kentaro get pregnant again?

MRCA
Human Family Tree
(06-08-2021, 08:04 AM)mprego2 Wrote: Oh, I see, does Kentaro get pregnant again?

I think so, but not until the very end. I only had Google translate to help and it’s not very good.
The entire Childcare Edition will be released in paperback on June 11.
Now that the manga is getting super popular since the drama is coming out next year, would it be amazing if someone actually makes complete scanlations of the series!

MRCA
Human Family Tree
This has nothing to do with anything, but apparently Eri Sakai liked the 2016 reboot of Ghostbusters, but was not crazy about Shin Godzilla. She was surprised to see that people in her camp (middle aged Japanese women) were into the then new Godzilla movie, but not the Ghostbusters film like she was. I just thought that was funny.
(06-12-2021, 02:27 AM)mprego2 Wrote: Now that the manga is getting super popular since the drama is coming out next year, would it be amazing if someone actually makes complete scanlations of the series!

I found the scanlations of this series for free but only a few chapters.
http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/hiyama_...o_ninshin/
(06-13-2021, 10:39 PM)Jack Houston Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 02:27 AM)mprego2 Wrote: Now that the manga is getting super popular since the drama is coming out next year, would it be amazing if someone actually makes complete scanlations of the series!

I found the scanlations of this series for free but only a few chapters.
http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/hiyama_...o_ninshin/

The translations were pulled from here, but then implemented on MangaDex: https://mangadex.org/title/7f18b80e-af01...d862f40f11

The sixth chapter was translated, but it hasn't been implemented yet because the site was down for a while. The uploader, rebornparanoia, was the one doing it. I don't know if he is aware of it.
Kentaro Hiyama's First Pregnancy officially has its own Wikipedia page in English:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentaro_Hi..._Pregnancy

He's Expecting also has one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He%27s_Expecting
What is Yuichi Sato’s role and plot in the sequel? Why was he shown being pregnant at the beginning of the fifth chapter?

MRCA
Human Family Tree
(07-02-2021, 01:02 PM)mprego2 Wrote: What is Yuichi Sato’s role and plot in the sequel? Why was he shown being pregnant at the beginning of the fifth chapter?

From what I understand, that image was just a flashback. The rest of the chapter just focuses on him and his wife raising their daughter who has a fever. I don't know the details.
So he was pregnant in the past?!

MRCA
Human Family Tree
(07-03-2021, 02:40 AM)mprego2 Wrote: So he was pregnant in the past?!

Yeah so in the original manga, there's a bonus chapter that wraps up the loose ends (It hasn't been translated yet). It focuses on Aki interviewing some of the characters that interacted with Kentaro in the past (the married couple, the teenagers and Mizuki). From what I understand, there's a moment where Kentaro is gloating because Yuichi winds up pregnant, sort of like a comeuppance. Again, a lot of it has to do with Eri Sakai's writing. She is good at getting her point across, but when it comes to story she breezes through a lot of things, though that could be due to the nature of how Japan publishes manga in quick succession.
Oh, I see, lol, I looked all through the first manga and never knew that he actually ended up pregnant himself, I need to look at it again, lol! XD

MRCA
Human Family Tree
Oh OK, I saw the panels now. He talks about being pregnant, not shown pregnant, lol! XP

MRCA
Human Family Tree
https://mangadex.org/title/7f18b80e-af01...d862f40f11

Chapter 6 has finally been implemented.
A great series!
(07-12-2021, 08:54 PM)Preggerz Wrote: A great series!

There is still the epilogue chapter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seahorse Pregnancy ohsopreg 0 1,480 11-20-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ohsopreg
  'Daddy Mama: A Male Pregnancy Story' by Jane Smith The Guys' Gyno 0 2,711 09-19-2018, 06:30 PM
Last Post: The Guys' Gyno
  Cringe-Worthy Pregnancy Photos ejonesrock 1 4,423 02-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Last Post: WeekEndPreg
  Male Pregnancy in Fanfiction Mark 15 15,567 11-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Last Post: TheKicking
  My Interview with Jezebel: What Exactly Is Mpreg? A Male Pregnancy Enthusiast Explain Lyric 8 5,752 11-06-2014, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Mark