Pandemic talk
NY is headed by a worthless jerkass. Actually, if he was worth nothing that would be a notable improvement.

But starting tomorrow I'll be working at one of the vaccine distribution hubs, so that's good.

We're doing ok otherwise, CNY hasn't been hit nearly as hard as the City.
Hey, while our governor has done some things wrong, he's still done a lot better than a lot of other states' governors. And usually when I see people complaining, they complain about the same two or three things from back at the onset of the pandemic when there was a lot of uncertainty about how best to proceed, not anything current.

I'm really sick of my fellow New Yorkers complaining about every guideline or mandate put in place. If people stopped having a "you can't take away my freedoms and tell me what to do!!!" attitude and just did the bare minimum that was being asked of them, things could possibly be better.

I'm also really sick of anti-vax/anti-mask/selfish people protesting in my neighborhood; I live literally right around the block from the governor's mansion and it has not been the greatest place to live this past year.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
I lost my mother to Covid. It’s been about a month now. Her, My oldest brother, Dad and myself all tested positive on November 23rd and we lost her that 28th. Acute Respiratory Failure from the Coroner report.

This virus, it’s meticulous. She didn’t display the symptoms of Respiratory Failure. She wasn’t confused. There was concern of her breathing, but it sounded like it was improving and even her fever broke. She threw up what she said was clear liquid, but we didn’t know and that’s what hurts the most (Despite being aware of how dangerous Covid is, not being aware of how it can trick your body’s system at the same time). It hurts more when people think this is a hoax and parade around without masks from claims of “violating rights.”

This virus affects you in ways you don’t understand that even doctors are struggling to understand that if you’re able to smell and taste while having other symptoms of Covid, it’s grounds for something more dangerous to transpire in your system. My mother went from doing well to nothing in a week because this Virus hid away something more dangerous. Even my older brother had to get rushed to the hospital in the second week because Pneumonia snuck into his system in between.

I am in a State where our Governor put lax rules on masks and social distancing and after these holidays, the surge went back up as a result. I’m praying for the vaccines to roll out further. While it’s not a one all, end all, it’s going to help in the long run, particularly among dense minded individuals who think this is a hoax.
(01-12-2021, 01:39 AM)Buggy Girl Wrote: Hey, while our governor has done some things wrong, he's still done a lot better than a lot of other states' governors. And usually when I see people complaining, they complain about the same two or three things from back at the onset of the pandemic when there was a lot of uncertainty about how best to proceed, not anything current.

I'm really sick of my fellow New Yorkers complaining about every guideline or mandate put in place. If people stopped having a "you can't take away my freedoms and tell me what to do!!!" attitude and just did the bare minimum that was being asked of them, things could possibly be better.

I'm also really sick of anti-vax/anti-mask/selfish people protesting in my neighborhood; I live literally right around the block from the governor's mansion and it has not been the greatest place to live this past year.

I've never liked Cuomo in general sometime halfway through his second term. There's a lot of things about him that I don't like and his pandemic response isn't that great either. Even George Pataki is thinking of running for a fourth term and challenging him in 2022.

I expect most of those complaints are from people who supported Trump. I know Staten Island is filled with them.
--------
Why do drugs when you can just watch a Baz Luhrmann film?
Checking in, how is everyone?
Hit me up on Discord! I love talking about pregnancy and I love to role play.

Carrier here. StPatPat#4009

Just a country boy trying to find his place in the world, and maybe get knocked up
I'm good, but one half of my favorite magician duo passed away from Covid complications back in November.
--------
(01-19-2021, 12:10 AM)MPregFan86 Wrote: I'm good, but one half of my favorite magician duo passed away from Covid complications back in November.

I'm sorry to hear that friend.
Hit me up on Discord! I love talking about pregnancy and I love to role play.

Carrier here. StPatPat#4009

Just a country boy trying to find his place in the world, and maybe get knocked up
(01-21-2021, 12:13 AM)StPatMpreg Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 12:10 AM)MPregFan86 Wrote: I'm good, but one half of my favorite magician duo passed away from Covid complications back in November.

I'm sorry to hear that friend.

Yeah, it sucks. You may have seen them on the first season of America's Got Talent.
--------
Quebec is on curfew and full lockdown because we are the worst province of Canada right now.

Congrats for your new president!

For me it is very hard to not to be able to work at all for a two years now and not to be able to leave home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wouldn't be able to talk about this IRL Dadmom 1 1,229 04-03-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Belly Button
Shocked someone to talk to pregnantscubasteve40 18 10,925 02-04-2016, 12:52 AM
Last Post: ethei